1993 Volkswagen EuroVan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific EuroVan model:
Awesome Rig
By thomage on 11/29/12 19:31 PM (PST)

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan GL 3dr Minivan

Bought the Eurovan with a wheelchair lift to haul my mom & dad around. Drove it 2200 miles with them. No big problems: New tires, changed oil, change brake fluid and had to fix ECU (vacuum tube had gone out) Fun to drive, great road view, lot of room for things. Cheap interior parts, electrical parts cheap too

My 1993 Volkswagen Euro Van GL
By julia_buckner on 04/09/12 15:49 PM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan CL 3dr Minivan

I love this van. I traded a Honda Gold Wing for this van and feel I got a great deal. The Honda was too big for me to hold up.

Best first car
By taizo on 11/03/11 21:18 PM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan

My dad bought our Eurovan back in 1997, when I was just a yungun (more than I am now), and ever since then our family has had great experience after great experience in this van. This is the car I learned to drive on, and I have to say after putting several thousand miles on it, I love it. Yes, I have driven other standard shift cars (some very sporty ones at that), and after nearly 200K the gearbox is still great. Until it was about 12 years old, it had absolutely no mechanical issues. Sure, parts and repairs can be expensive as heck, but that doesn't take away from how amazing this van is. Just the other day I drove it over the 193,000 mile mark, and I can't wait to get it to 200,000

93 vw eurovan=weekender
By jenny on 01/14/10 19:51 PM (PST)

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan GL 3dr Minivan

while i love my 17 year old car it has been a money pit it just broke 100,000 and should have tons of life left since i have gingerly taken care of it, but it doesn't...i missed the 4500 $rebate opportunity so im kinda out luck on my trade, i have a real fear of every buying vw again, maintenance very high on higher end models. and no one knows how to work on them. but i must say if i can have another engine he put in and eliminate the vw guts of the vehicle i would totally keep the car.

20 MPG and two tones
By 5 Zyl on 02/11/09 18:09 PM (PST)

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan GL 3dr Minivan

Not even Volkswagen engineers can get around the laws of physics. But I find they strike reasonable compromises. If it costs a lot of money to fix you need a better mechanic. I know I am that better mechanic. 20 mpg and a curb weight of over 5000 lbs is unheard of, my van does not even have the 102 load index tires yet (there 94 not stiff enough side wall, more rolling resistance ya know). I expect to pick up another 2 mpg from that change alone. The brake pads don't last long if you don't use stab breaking technique. The 5 speed is the only way to go in my opinion. I've heard 17 sec. 0to60, I cant get it to accelerate that slow even if I try. You can't get a better passenger van for camping hands down.

The Van I Love and Hate
By Kate on 02/26/06 09:35 AM (PST)

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan

I bought my 1993 Volkswagen EuroVan for the interior space, which is phenominal! You can fit anything you need to into it from building materials to furniture to people. BUT it has been a pit that I have sunk a lot of money into repairing over and over. I've been towed so often the local towtruck driver knows it's me as soon as he gets the call! I love my van - I an just so disappointed that it hasn't been reliable. It is now worth more in parts than as a whole. I can't sell it because I love it, but can't drive it because it won't stay running.

Problematic Vehicle
By alexeric on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan CL 3dr Minivan

I fully understand Toledo Joe's frustration. I had all the problems he had with my CL Eurovan, plus more. The rear A/C unit went within the first year, along with the battery, then the horn, and the odometer. I had the auto shift lever stuck at park three times at carparks, the last time resulting in me having to tow it to the dealer. The engine is under powered, the response very sluggish. There is a big thump every time the automatic gear shifts. Rain sips through from the window and the wind shield. The new Passat looks nice but I don't think I have the courage to try another VW.

I shopped around
By WILSMAN2 on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan GL 3dr Minivan

I was looking for something bigger with more room for people and cargo. I love this van. Easy to drive, roomy, great visability, short turning radius, and not your typical minivan. I drove a ton of used vans before I settled on thie one and I am very happy that I did.

93 Eurovan MV Weekender
By emo on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan

Love this car, 188k miles - runs and looks great. I've been missing my 67 VW Microbus since I sold it in 1978. I need to add a cd player, some Grateful Dead stickers and hit the road. The Euro even has heat and great a/c - what a concept! Toledo Joe: buy a Buick and quit whining.

Utility and Fun
By JHR on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan CL 3dr Minivan

Great vehicle for hauling people. Lot's of headroom and great windows. More space than any other van. 5-speed standard transmission is great for loads and mountains and cities. Middle seat is in and out easily for variety of purposes. Over 23 MPG on trips. Great in mountain snow. Rear AC unit recommended for summer trips. Very reliable.