Fun convertible to drive!
By edna2003 on
2012 Volkswagen Eos Lux SULEV 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
Owned a 2009 VW Eos that was totaled. Could not live without convertible. Looked at used BMW & Mercedes but Eos was my top pick. Fun car to drive and love updated body style on the 2012. Same engine as 2009 but 2012 seems smoother. Ride is much better than 2009 - not as much road noise & don't feel all the bumps like 2009. Love the push button start and keyless locking/opening of doors. Upgrades in Lux are well worth the extra couple of thousands over the Komfort. Will keep this car forever and love the new color choices - bought rising blue metallic and have had many compliments on color
Favorite Features
Push button start, convertible, parking sensor, auto lights, bluetooth built in, stereo sound, color, ride, redesigned exterior
Suggested Improvements
Back-up parking sensors are very sensitive and thinks the curve is an object. Won't allow the convertible top to open/close if close to curve.
By eoskevin
on 08/06/11 23:01 PM (PDT)

I have very mixed feelings about both the car and my dealership at the moment. Took delivery of a 2012 Eos Komfort yesterday. With in hours of leaving the dealership, and before even getting it home, one of the rear windows has all but stopped going up all the way. Tonight, I went to put the top and, and one of the "wings" that covers the top mechinism refulsed to open, so the top is stuck in the down position. VERY disapointing.

By dawn37
on 06/16/11 08:00 AM (PDT)

I bought a 2009 Eos and totally love the way the car drives, feels and all the features. However, I would highly recommend you think twice before buying one. I, like many other VW and Audi owners have had nothing but trouble with the transmission. I has been in for service continuously since I bought it. I really believe the transmission is a lemon and now the warranty has expired, it's an expensive lemon. I am seriously considering getting rid of it now, even though I love the convertible. Please research DSG transmission before you buy one.

By eoskevin
on 04/20/13 18:48 PM (PDT)

The dealership took care of the top. The same window malfunctioned a second time. Dealer brought in the factory rep without my asking. Haven't had any problems since, and I'm loving the car. Got mine on a lease, and I'm seriously thinking about purchasing it at lease end. Gas milage is amazing.. I avg 28+ in town, and 35 on the highway is the norm. Won't be long until it will be going in for the 20K service.