2012 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Review: Beware of Defective Water pump

2012 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Review

Komfort SULEV Convertible (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual)

Beware of Defective Water pumps
By susanb122 on

2012 Volkswagen Eos Komfort SULEV 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought a 2012 EOS in April of 2011. As of this writing 12/24/11, I only have 3,100 miles on the car and it has had 3 water pumps put in. Fortunately, the car has not broken down yet, but the water pumps build up pressure after the cars warm up and a screeching noise can be heard from under the hood. My first was found by accident. With only 400 miles on the car, I had gotten out to run back into the house to retireve something and I heard the noise. I brought it back to the dealer and was told VW had a batch of defective water pumps and they would put another one in, which they did. Stand outside your EOS and listen for the noise! My car is being replaced.

The hard top convertible

Bought the extended warranty specifically for the hard top only to find out later it does not cover the top. I do not care for the positioning of the cup holders Would like to see the tool box in the truck put somewhere else as it takes up very valuable trunk space.