2012 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Review: Bad Choice

2012 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Review

Komfort SULEV Convertible (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual)

Bad Choice
By bryceba on

2012 Volkswagen Eos Komfort SULEV 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was dead set on getting a hard top, four seat convertible, and in my price range, there was only this and the Chrysler 200. I've never owned a Chrysler and don't want to. So that left this. Within two weeks of picking up the brand new 2012, the leaks started. VW won't fix it because they "can't diganose it." The way they "diagnose" it is to run a three inch Home Depot shower head attached to a hose suspended a foot over the center of the top of the car. Turns out when it rains in Rochester, NY, it rains over the entire car, not just a three inch spot over the center. VW America is a nightmare of a company to deal with.

There are none. I hate getting into this car everytime i have to, which is everyday. All I can do is look to see if it has leaked. And if it has rained, it has likely leaked.

No suggestions. After only 7 years they will be discontinuing the vehicle that never sold well. If the car didn't leak, or at least VW America took any sort of responsibility, I might have a different opinion of the car. Maybe if $35,000 was not such a huge deal to me, I would be less upset about it. I just regret that I did not go the miata route. Quality is more important than two tiny back seats.