A Solid Winner, 2012 VW Eos
By sandboxkid on
2012 Volkswagen Eos Komfort SULEV 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
This senior has been driving domestic cars for 50+ years and recently leased a 2012 Eos Komfort convertible. My prior lease was a Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible The Eos blows the G6 away in many aspects and I loved that car.  Some words I use to describe the Eos are fun, quick, smooth, and beautiful. After 30 days and 1000 miles, I find the quality of workmanship and operation to be excellent. My mixed driving habits net me 28.3 mpg overall. The rear seating is fine for grandkids but I usually do not use these seats.  With the top in the trunk, you still have some room to go grocery shopping, not so with the G6. The wind screen behind the front seats is a welcome feature.  The car gives just enough road presence that you think you're driving a sport's car.There is a moderate learning curve for all the gadgets facing the driver, so engage your dealer's knowledge at delivery. My VW professionals made me very comfortable.  There is a vast array of exterior colors, I picked the Black Oak Brown with beige interior which has attracted many lookers. It was in the brochure and hooked me immediately. Now I can't stop finding reasons to drive my new Eos.
Favorite Features
Awesome sun-roofed hardtop convertible, 2-liter turbo engine and 6-gear tranny, restyled body, blue-tooth, heated seats
Suggested Improvements
I miss automatic headlights (available on next trim level).  The rear headrests are fixed, the rear corner posts are large, and the rear window area is small (black surround); all of which restrict rear visibility with the top raised.
By sharang
on 01/24/12 21:21 PM (PST)

My VW EOS is soooo beautiful. I loved driving it. But often my @ss got wet, then my passenger's @ss got wet too. When I mentioned it to the VW Service Dept, they checked it, twice and said that there was no water ingress. Then the third time I mentioned it, they confirmed that there was water coming in, but that the car was 6 days out of warranty!! Great I said, how much to repair it. Only $6, 500 dollars!! For a 4 year old car with 25,000 miles on it. Nice. How irritating is that, and so begins my Social Media campaign against VW. This is obviously a manufacturing fault.?? If this is "German engineering" I'll take Japanese engineering any day of the week.