Used 2010 Volkswagen Eos Komfort Convertible Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen Eos Convertible

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Love my Eos
By wemillerla

2010 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted a convertible, but in WA state, it can get a bit cold, so a soft top was not the best choice.
I test drove a couple other vehicles, but for the money, the Eos was the best choice.
I have enjoyed every minute of my car!
It has all the speed I need, and enough get up and go to merge nicely into traffic.
It handles very well.
The sunroof is amazing, and the convertible top works like a dream.
The back seat is a little tight, and I can't carry golf clubs in the trunk.
There are big blind spots, so one needs to be very aware of what is around them.
Otherwise, I couldn't be happier with this car.

Having a sunroof AND a convertible top. Also very nice is the built in wind block on the top of the windshield that you manually pop up; it makes the ride a lot quieter.

Ability to drop back seats for more storage space in the trunk.

Still smiling......
By ryanfl

Wanted a convertible.
Had shopped these earlier but ended up testing other soft tops.
A few months passed and I was able to get an excellent year-end deal.
I've had the car 8 months and 5K miles.
No issues.
Blast to drive and the size is great for my needs.
Still don't see that many around and I like that.
I didn't know anyone that had one, so had to rely on owner input to decide to buy one.
That's what I am hoping this will do for those who are shopping.
I'm very happy with the car and hope to keep it for a long while.
My insurance co. offers a great extended warranty so I'm covered for 7 years, 100,000 miles.

The car "fits" me. Sporty, comfortable seating, can put a couple of passengers in the back seat for a short distance and no complaints. The RNS radio/nav is great and easy to use.

Can't think of a thing.

Wish I would have bought it sooner!
By beachintanj

I love my car.
I have had all different sorts of vehicles, but for what I was looking for it was right on the money.
The only issue I have had with the vehicle since I have gotten it, is that the top leaked a little bit when going through the car wash.
VW is happy to take care of it.
Other than that the top goes down amazingly and thanks to the turbo it really has a lot of get up and go for a four cyl.
Also I live above 4500 feet and it cruises right through it with out any dogging out that other cars have.
Couldn't have asked for anything more!

I love the (p)leather. Looks just like the real thing. I also love the touch screen/satellite radio...oh yeah and the fact its a convertible. I also like to be different and it is nice to see that the market isn't flooded with them.

Make sure the top doesn't leak and maybe bring it in a diesel. It gets great gas mileage (topping out at almost 500 mpt), but would be even better if it had the TDI.

I never give 10's
By Rick

2010 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First: Reliability is for those cars at least over a year old. I wanted practical for a single man, so convertible was out of the question? I'm a cautious driver so cornering like a sports car wasn't necessary. So, for me, cornering, acceleration and stopping is more than adequate. It is a pleasure to drive. I noticed the front wheel drive has potential for squealing on hard acceleration when the top is down. Probably a weight distribution issue. There is a huge blind side on the passenger side, logically with the top up. But seriously, who wants the top up unless you need to use those nice heated seats. Think I'll sit back and read the owners manual. Let you know more next year.

Blue tooth for phone and music. And the convenience of control on the steering wheel. Heated seats. The top down.

I'll trade this one in for one that has TDI and a simple subwoofer under the passenger seat to really improve on your stereo system. Oh, and throw in real leather seats for my great ideas.