2010 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:
Love my Eos
By wemillerla on 08/10/14 14:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted a convertible, but in WA state, it can get a bit cold, so a soft top was not the best choice. I test drove a couple other vehicles, but for the money, the Eos was the best choice. I have enjoyed every minute of my car! It has all the speed I need, and enough get up and go to merge nicely into traffic. It handles very well. The sunroof is amazing, and the convertible top works like a dream. The back seat is a little tight, and I can't carry golf clubs in the trunk. There are big blind spots, so one needs to be very aware of what is around them. Otherwise, I couldn't be happier with this car.

Still smiling......
By ryanfl on 08/25/11 11:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Wanted a convertible. Had shopped these earlier but ended up testing other soft tops. A few months passed and I was able to get an excellent year-end deal. I've had the car 8 months and 5K miles. No issues. Blast to drive and the size is great for my needs. Still don't see that many around and I like that. I didn't know anyone that had one, so had to rely on owner input to decide to buy one. That's what I am hoping this will do for those who are shopping. I'm very happy with the car and hope to keep it for a long while. My insurance co. offers a great extended warranty so I'm covered for 7 years, 100,000 miles.

Wish I would have bought it sooner!
By beachintanj on 06/08/11 14:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my car. I have had all different sorts of vehicles, but for what I was looking for it was right on the money. The only issue I have had with the vehicle since I have gotten it, is that the top leaked a little bit when going through the car wash. VW is happy to take care of it. Other than that the top goes down amazingly and thanks to the turbo it really has a lot of get up and go for a four cyl. Also I live above 4500 feet and it cruises right through it with out any dogging out that other cars have. Couldn't have asked for anything more!

Fun fun fun, buy it
By Big Dog on 08/31/10 20:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux SULEV 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Missed the German feel of previously owned Audis. TT was too small and expensive and the didn't want a soft top A4. Drove this car at the beginning of the summer and considered the Volvo C70 and a BMW 1 Series. In the end, the EOS's smooth turbo, smooth ride, DSG transmission and tranformer like hard top couldn't be beat. Gas mileage as high as 35 on the highway, averaging 27 mpg while having a lot of fun. Have LUX with 17" wheels, sport suspension and IPOD hookup. It's now my Kid's favorite IPOD accessory. Front drive will spin the wheels especially in the sport mode. Touch screen won me over, sometimes is slow to react and hard to see in bright sunlight.

Love it
By Hammock246 on 08/27/10 04:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Just returned from a trip to my homeland, Chicago, from Daytona Beach, I was truly surprised what a great road car this EOS is. Bought it for a second car and love that aspec too but highway manners and excellent fuel mileage along with not a squeak with 12 thousand miles on it is great. Got 33.7 mpg for just over 3 thousand miles of mixed but mostly highway driving. Nothing like the top down through the Smokey Mts. early morning. Other than appearance, a much better car in every way from the 04 Thunderbird I traded on it.

EOS-My Goddess of Wind
By tbell on 08/23/10 23:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The VW Eos is not only a marvel of engineering but a really fun car to drive. While I was somewhat apprehensive at first about the 4 cyl, one drive on the highway removed any doubts at all about the " get up and go" of this 21 century vwdub. At 61 years of age I fill like a teen again, by the way the girls on college campus like it too.

I never give 10's
By Rick on 04/01/10 19:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First: Reliability is for those cars at least over a year old. I wanted practical for a single man, so convertible was out of the question? I'm a cautious driver so cornering like a sports car wasn't necessary. So, for me, cornering, acceleration and stopping is more than adequate. It is a pleasure to drive. I noticed the front wheel drive has potential for squealing on hard acceleration when the top is down. Probably a weight distribution issue. There is a huge blind side on the passenger side, logically with the top up. But seriously, who wants the top up unless you need to use those nice heated seats. Think I'll sit back and read the owners manual. Let you know more next year.

Thumbs Up my Friends!
By hbrake on 02/11/10 21:50 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Reliable! Comfortable! Fun! Sexy! Well, its so far far the perfect car !!! Please continue VW! My first VW!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volkswagen Eos Convertible in VA is:

$129 per month*