Used 2010 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen Eos

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Love my Eos
By wemillerla

2010 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted a convertible, but in WA state, it can get a bit cold, so a soft top was not the best choice. I test drove a couple other vehicles, but for the money, the Eos was the best choice. I have enjoyed every minute of my car! It has all the speed I need, and enough get up and go to merge nicely into traffic. It handles very well. The sunroof is amazing, and the convertible top works like a dream. The back seat is a little tight, and I can't carry golf clubs in the trunk. There are big blind spots, so one needs to be very aware of what is around them. Otherwise, I couldn't be happier with this car.

Favorite Features

Having a sunroof AND a convertible top. Also very nice is the built in wind block on the top of the windshield that you manually pop up; it makes the ride a lot quieter.

Suggested Improvements

Ability to drop back seats for more storage space in the trunk.

Still smiling......
By ryanfl

2010 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Wanted a convertible. Had shopped these earlier but ended up testing other soft tops. A few months passed and I was able to get an excellent year-end deal. I've had the car 8 months and 5K miles. No issues. Blast to drive and the size is great for my needs. Still don't see that many around and I like that. I didn't know anyone that had one, so had to rely on owner input to decide to buy one. That's what I am hoping this will do for those who are shopping. I'm very happy with the car and hope to keep it for a long while. My insurance co. offers a great extended warranty so I'm covered for 7 years, 100,000 miles.

Favorite Features

The car "fits" me. Sporty, comfortable seating, can put a couple of passengers in the back seat for a short distance and no complaints. The RNS radio/nav is great and easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of a thing.

Wish I would have bought it sooner!
By beachintanj

2010 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my car. I have had all different sorts of vehicles, but for what I was looking for it was right on the money. The only issue I have had with the vehicle since I have gotten it, is that the top leaked a little bit when going through the car wash. VW is happy to take care of it. Other than that the top goes down amazingly and thanks to the turbo it really has a lot of get up and go for a four cyl. Also I live above 4500 feet and it cruises right through it with out any dogging out that other cars have. Couldn't have asked for anything more!

Favorite Features

I love the (p)leather. Looks just like the real thing. I also love the touch screen/satellite radio...oh yeah and the fact its a convertible. I also like to be different and it is nice to see that the market isn't flooded with them.

Suggested Improvements

Make sure the top doesn't leak and maybe bring it in a diesel. It gets great gas mileage (topping out at almost 500 mpt), but would be even better if it had the TDI.

Fun fun fun, buy it
By Big Dog

2010 Volkswagen Eos Lux SULEV 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Missed the German feel of previously owned Audis. TT was too small and expensive and the didn't want a soft top A4. Drove this car at the beginning of the summer and considered the Volvo C70 and a BMW 1 Series. In the end, the EOS's smooth turbo, smooth ride, DSG transmission and tranformer like hard top couldn't be beat. Gas mileage as high as 35 on the highway, averaging 27 mpg while having a lot of fun. Have LUX with 17" wheels, sport suspension and IPOD hookup. It's now my Kid's favorite IPOD accessory. Front drive will spin the wheels especially in the sport mode. Touch screen won me over, sometimes is slow to react and hard to see in bright sunlight.

Favorite Features

Hard Top convert, DSG, Turbo performance, sport package, 17" wheels with great gas mileage. Bluetooth, IPOD interface and Media display.

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo sound from IPOD interface & better touchscreen. Less lag from stand still, especially in Drive.

Love it
By Hammock246

2010 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Just returned from a trip to my homeland, Chicago, from Daytona Beach, I was truly surprised what a great road car this EOS is. Bought it for a second car and love that aspec too but highway manners and excellent fuel mileage along with not a squeak with 12 thousand miles on it is great. Got 33.7 mpg for just over 3 thousand miles of mixed but mostly highway driving. Nothing like the top down through the Smokey Mts. early morning. Other than appearance, a much better car in every way from the 04 Thunderbird I traded on it.

Favorite Features

Great smooth powerful engine. Great ride, competent handling Tight european feel, like the two Audi A-6's I've owned in recent past. Top up or down in 30 seconds and oh so quiet when the top is in place.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely needs parking warning system. Better radio reception. Would like 2 seat settings and could improve passenger seat controls.