Worst Car Ever
By jlmurray81 on
2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I leased this car back in August on 2008 and have had nothing but problems with it and the dealership ever since. Four weeks after I leased the car, a transmission valve had to be replaced. I learned about his problem only after nearly being killed on the freeway because my car lost all forward momentum. To add insult to injury the dealership insisted it was my starter that caused this issue. Only after speaking to a mechanic was this issue actually addressed. The dealership had my car for over three weeks and tried to charge me for the rental car. Approximately a year later the manufacture issued a recall for this transmission value issue.
Suggested Improvements
On extremely hot days the navigation/radio will randomly turn off and not come back on, this issue has happened three times which requires a trip to the dealer to be rebooted each time. I rarely take this car on any trip over 100 miles as I am concerned with the reliability. Most recently I took the car on a 250 mile trip and sure enough the Malfunction Indicator light illuminated on our way home. We did everything the manual suggests to address the MIL. Upon our return the car started to idle very rough and the transmission would kick when slowly climbing up hills. We dropped the car off at the dealership at the night drop. Only after calling four times through out the next day did I find out that the exhaust manifold flaps had to be replaced? The dealership had the car for two days and didn’t offer me a rental car. All of these issues were covered by the warranty; however, I have left my car with the dealership for over a month during my 36 month lease. I only have 27k miles on my car and I don’t even trust it to get me to and from work, which is 7 miles from my home.