2009 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Review: Total Fun Car!

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Review

Total Fun Car!
By Steve on

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've always wanted a hard-top convertible ever since I saw one two months ago. I generally assumed that it would be way out of my price range, but when I found out that Volkswagen made a hard-top convertible, I was totally 'hoodlumed'. It turned out to be not only very reasonably priced but it drives and handles really well. People will also be very surprised by the roominess of the rear seats. The back is definitely big enough to hold two average sized dwarfs or a couple of medium sized farm animals. My automatic transmission shifts very smoothly and the engine definitely holds its own on the highway. Overall, this car is a pleasure to drive.

This drives like your typical volkswagen - with nimbleness and class. Mileage is pretty decent for a fun car.

I wish it had a small cooler that you see on some minivans. It would be nice to put my cold drink and chocolate somewhere. Otherwise, I wish the Volkswagen engineers found a way to put a moonroof when the top is down.