2009 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Review: Compare to WHAT??

2009 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Review

2009 Volkswagen Eos

Lux Convertible (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual)

Compare to WHAT??
By 50something on

2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We wanted a convertible for years. We considered and drove the BMW 128i, Porsche Boxster, and Mercedes 350 CLK. On vacations we rented Sebring and Mustang Shelby convertibles. When we discovered the EOS on a trip to Arkansas, we bought it on the spot and left our Acura RDX at the dealer. We continued our vacation in our brand new EOS and had a blast. Consider it a 1200 mile test drive! The person who wrote Edmunds review saying the car could not handle the twisties must be faking his reviews in my opinion. I also own a 1985 Porsche 911; the new EOS driven in Sport mode with the DSG handled every bit as well as my Porsche. The car definitely has German DNA and was FUN, FUN, FUN!!

We got 31 MPG Hwy. The EOS Lux has features that would add $10k to the BMW 328i. I can't tell you all that we love in 250 characters. The car has high-class luxury features for a middle- class price. The value compared to Saab, Volvo, BMW or Mercedes is outstanding. Sebring? Forget about it.

We skipped the $2000 navigation system and spent $200 at Best Buy for a portable TomTom system. It is ridiculous that Volkswagen cannot make nav standard for a LUX model. How much would it really cost? The Porsche Boxster Nav is $3400 so I imagine it is a profit center to get your last dollar.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review