Problem free for 50K miles!
By rcboater on
2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
Bought my car new in May 2009. Car is now five years old, and we've put 50,000 fun-filled miles on it. MPG is pretty good, too. On the highway, I get 32 MPG. In my mixed suburban driving, I will get about 28 if I drive normally, but have gotten as high as 35 on the same route by driving conservatively. My car has never leaked- but I paid heed to the advice on the owner forums to lubricate the roof seals annually, to keep them soft and pliable. (That's a 20 minute job.) I've had NO issues with the mechanical aspects of the car-- to date, the only thing outside of regular scheduled fluid changes was new rear brake pads at 31K miles.
Favorite Features
Top down motoring is the best! The rear wind deflector really works well, keeps your hair form blowing in your face. We even go out in winter-- put the top down, windows and deflector up, and enjoy a turbulence-free drive! We wanted a convertible that was quiet on the highway with the top up, and this was the best of all the ones we test drove. We also like the security of a hardtop when the top is up. The car is very comfortable on long trips-- that was the item that led us to pick this over a Mini Convertible. I find the car to be plenty peppy-- and fun to drive on curvy back roads. The 2.0 turbo engine has plenty of power.
Suggested Improvements
I wish the car had steering wheel controls for the audio. In 2009 MY, that was only an option on the LUX-- which would have meant giving up my manual transmission. As a result, the bluetooth integration in the Komfort is rather lame. (My iphone rings, I have to answer it on the phone's screen, and then I can talk hands free. )