2009 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Review: Do not buy this car!

2009 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Review

Komfort Convertible (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual)

Do not buy this car!
By JLM on

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I purchased a 2009 VW EOS 8/30/08. On 9/29/2008 a valve that measures the clutch temperature malfunctioned. If the clutch is too hot "safety measure" the car canít change gears. This malfunction occurred while I was on the freeway; I was almost hit by a semi trying to pull to the side of the road. It was like I put it in neutral and revved the engine, every light in the car flashed indicating a problem. I was initially told that my problem was a faulty engine switch. This diagnosis didnít make sense. I had to demand to speak with the head mechanic for my concerns to be taken seriously. This value malfunction also causes a pressure problem in the transmission. I have contacted a lawyer.

Affordable hard top convertible, but it would be much nicer if the car ran properly.

Make sure that these cars are safe for people to drive. I was nearly killed due to my situation and then the dealership treated me poorly until fully diagnosing the problem. I have only had my car for 4 weeks and the dealership will most likely have it for 2 weeks. Do not buy this car!