2009 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Review: Avoid It - Traded Mine In

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Review

Avoid It - Traded Mine In
By LR on

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

53 days in the shop in the first year, finally had enough and traded it in for another brand. Every imaginable problem with the electrical system, sensors, gas cap, abs, braking, fuel pump, air bag, among other problems. Every little repair required shipping in parts so repairs took forever, and nothing fixed right the first time by dealer. I owned the car for a little over a year and just took a huge loss on the trade, but it had to go. Had trouble even getting near blue book on trade due to the car's reputation. Did lots of research prior to buying and 07/08 models were well reviewed. 09 seems to be a disaster. After 15 years driving VWs, this will be my last. Very disappointing.

The 4 cylinder engine is powerful, acceleration is great, handling is very precise. Top is extremely cool when it works. The ipod adapter was ok. Solid ride on the highway and around town.

At this price point, the car should have some basic things like audio controls on the steering wheel and bluetooth capability for phone. I looked past these items when I bought it, but should not have. Very annoying not having those basic features that I had even on Jettas I owned prior.