Used 2009 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen Eos

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Best Car Ever!
By My favorite!

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was a little worried getting into this car because of the reviews about the not so sporty steering, I disagree a whole lot! Its so much more fun then then the chrysler sebring hardtop or Pontiac G6 hartop! My favorite features are the great sound system and the HUGE sunroof with pop up wind blocker. For the money its worth it! I live in Michigan and i must say it turns heads, i love seeing the people in awe when i bold off the line! Also i get 25 mpg in mixed driving! The other day i had the sunroof open and i was doing 100 on the highway and it felt and sounded like 65! If you can live without 5 seats and a smaller trunk this car is perfect for You.

Favorite Features

-The sunroof with pop up wind blocker, its not black, ugly, or takes up half of the sunroof! -Backseat is good for anyone under 5'10 when the top is up. -Sound system is great! (8 speakers) - quick yet efficient! - DSG Twin Clutch is best of both worlds!

Suggested Improvements

-Trunk is only about 10 cubic feet with top up and like 3.5 cubic feet with it down. -The VW symbol is also the trunk opener it took me 2 weeks to figure it out! -Its has nice styling but its a lot more sporty then the styling suggests!

Great Car!
By DTR

2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my first convertible, and I was a little concerned about the problems that are typical of the breed- -wind noise, cowl shake, etc. I have been very pleasantly surprised by how this vehicle performs. Yes, there is some wind noise, and it's not quite as "solid" as a sedan, but I'd definitely purchase this car again. It's so much fun to drive, and gets great gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, hard-top convertible, nav system, xenon lights and backup sensors, DSG, turbo engine

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth & HomeLink should be included for this price

Run..... from EOS
By nstallent

2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My Eos, that I loved, is sitting in Al Johnson Volkswagen repair shop and is going to stay there. I have 12 sheets of repairs. Volkswagen has tried to be very accommodating, but now lets see when I get to settle. I traded my 2000 Camaro Convertible with 22,000 miles, I am really upset that I traded my car for that piece of junk!!!! Nancy

Suggested Improvements

Make them better!!!!!

This car is awful! Beware!
By amyinbuffalo

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Long story short: I leased my Volkswagen EOS April1, 2009. Today is August 3, 2009 and it's been in the shop 3 times (STILL THERE mind you) for the convertable top malfunctioning OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. It stopped mid-air in a parking lot and wouldn't open all the way OR close all the way! I had to get a Flat Bed to take it to the dealership! Now VW wants to replace the ENTIRE roof! It's 3 MONTHS OLD! And, this is the best part, they are telling me that I MAY HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS. It's $8,000 alone just for the top! I am PETRIFIED to drive this car anymore and I don't want it anymore. The aggravation I have been through is appalling. It's STILL in the shop for the rest of summer!!!

Favorite Features

Absolutely none.

Suggested Improvements

Yeah, try making the top ACTUALLY WORK right!

3 months and 3000 miles
By zrickety

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We bought this car a few months ago after looking at many cars. The EOS rocks!! She said, 'I never loved a car, but I love this one.' High praise, believe me. It's a blast to drive. Dr Jekyl when you need to be conservative, Mr Hyde when you want to cut loose. It's early on, but the car has been consistently quick and solid. Future collectible here, would definitely buy again!

Favorite Features

Build quality, transformer-top, turbo, 6-speed DSG automatic, heated seats, sound system

Suggested Improvements

Wish I could hear the turbo a little more. Car is too quiet! 2 minor issues fixed under warranty.