2009 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:
Just perfect
By rulerofthemoon on 03/20/09 14:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Had the car for about 3 weeks and could not be happier. It's the perfect combination of sporty fun and practical comfort. The convertible hardtop is stunning to watch and will sell you on the car. Interior noise is what you'd expect for this car ... unlike the soft-tops I drove that just were too loud with the roof up. Get the upgraded floor mats ... adds a nice touch. The Komfort trim is VERY well equipped. The Lux version is a considerable premium but some items, like steering wheel controls, are useful.

Great car for the value
By NYattorney on 03/19/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I really wanted to reward myself with a hardtop convertible- just wasn't entirely sure which. Once I saw and test drove the Eos, I immediately fell in love. It's the perfect size, picks up fast (thanks to the turbo engine), is the only hardtop with a sunroof, and the style is sleek. The only complaint I've had so far is since I bought it towards the end of winter, I've noticed that when it drops below freezing, condensation builds up inside the car and freezes on the windows. The gas mileage is not GREAT, but i guess we should expect that from a turbo engine!

Lovin this little car
By neweosfan on 02/11/09 10:04 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've had my Eos 3 mos and really enjoy this car. Comments: the top is amazing - attention getter - same as on much pricier models - mine works great & used a lot. Moon roof great & huge for the car, handles on mountain roads well. Light car, acceleration to spare, good brakes, fun! Quiet ride (top up), sound system good for the price. Lots of people stop me to compliment/ask about this car - really. And I live in a car lovin town. That was a surprise. Glad I saved that BMW money and got this sweet little ride. Love it - recommend it highly. Fun, good-looking, great convertible top. One thing, got hit in driver's door. No repair parts are avail., so slow to get Euro parts at plant.

It's worth it!
By EOSEJIL on 01/16/09 15:29 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I purchased my Black on Black fully loaded EOS in October and gave it much thought, it was totally the right choice. I have read a TON of reviews on the '07-'09 and here are tips for those who have had issues. You need an excellent dealer with VW fans in service, the prep work needed on this car is extensive. I test drove several and only two dealers seemed to have it prepped right. My car has no issues at all. Also you cannot wash this car under 40 degrees or you will mess up the seals, plain and simple. If you do not have a garage I would not buy an EOS. You have to be patient with the car, the window move to get in and out be gentle. '09 DVD Nav is worth it too if you drive a

Great functionality, poor driving
By swissre on 11/04/08 14:02 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

After almost 3 months of owning a new EOS I am still happy with the functionality of the sunroof, it has good torque throughout the RPM range even compared with other turbo engines, it has very good speakers but lousy sound unit (premium) but the worst for me is how it drives. You have to be really delicate to avoid the car spinning like crazy when you start. I have the upgraded 17'' wheels with Continental tires and that has helped little. So at the end it dissapoints because the engine is great and the DSG gearbox is amazingly smooth but the car is not sitting on the road as it should and can become dangerous because of the big torque it has for its size.

I love this car
By Cindy on 10/15/08 14:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. I have a new 2009 color-gold/silver, not the official name, it is beautiful. Everything works well, very quiet and I get lots of looks. I love having the moon roof so I have a great sun-overs car all year. The only thing I don't like, is the movement of the windows after you turn the car off- they go down a little before rolling all the way back up. This is bad in a rain storm. I would recommend this car to anyone who had considered buying a convertible. It is better than a convertible with the sun roof! It gets great gas mileage so I don't mind the premium gas.

Very pleased
By CCP on 10/12/08 03:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Sorry there are "lemons" . Fortunately, I am one of the lucky ones. I have been in search of a convertible for close to a year. I knew I wanted German technology, retractable hard top, front wheel drive if not all wheel,and some updated technology like a navigation system and ipod adapter. What you can get loaded in this car is a just a starter price in BMW or Audi. Audi does not yet make a hard top and BMW does not have front wheel drive in the class. The retractable hardtop has a panoramic sunroof that opens..the only convertible with this feature. They have corrected the "whirring"with small windscreen above he windshield. Technology of top closure:priceless. Gas OK.

You get what you want
By Jeff on 10/09/08 12:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is very fun to drive. I have never had a convertible in my life so I was not to happy when she brought it home. I figured it is her car and she will be the one driving it so get what you want. She loves it. The handling is good and speed is fine. Does it have wind noise. What can you expect when the top comes off. Great car overall

Do not buy this car!
By JLM on 10/01/08 17:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I purchased a 2009 VW EOS 8/30/08. On 9/29/2008 a valve that measures the clutch temperature malfunctioned. If the clutch is too hot "safety measure" the car can’t change gears. This malfunction occurred while I was on the freeway; I was almost hit by a semi trying to pull to the side of the road. It was like I put it in neutral and revved the engine, every light in the car flashed indicating a problem. I was initially told that my problem was a faulty engine switch. This diagnosis didn’t make sense. I had to demand to speak with the head mechanic for my concerns to be taken seriously. This value malfunction also causes a pressure problem in the transmission. I have contacted a lawyer.

Total Fun Car!
By Steve on 06/11/08 19:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've always wanted a hard-top convertible ever since I saw one two months ago. I generally assumed that it would be way out of my price range, but when I found out that Volkswagen made a hard-top convertible, I was totally 'hoodlumed'. It turned out to be not only very reasonably priced but it drives and handles really well. People will also be very surprised by the roominess of the rear seats. The back is definitely big enough to hold two average sized dwarfs or a couple of medium sized farm animals. My automatic transmission shifts very smoothly and the engine definitely holds its own on the highway. Overall, this car is a pleasure to drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Eos in WA is:

$180 per month*