Used 2009 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen Eos

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

FUN LITTLE CONVERTIBLE
By FLORIDA LEN

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was concerned about buying a hardtop convertible, but I bought the EOS knowing how well VW builds cars. So far, early on in ownership, the car is solid and exhibiting no leaks. The car is a good value for the money. It is not a styling standout, but the design is nice looking. The interior is typically German, all business. What is great about the car is that is overall very solid, handles well and has decent mileage from a very peppy engine. Although, a small car, it feels very safe and secure and I am glad I bought it.

I do love the whole top system with the sunroof. I also like the fact that the engine is pretty quick even though it is a 4 cylinder. Best feature is the radio - no funny buttons or things to pull or push just very straight forward radio controls.

They need to improve on the window system in that it drops a little when you shut off the engine and if it is raining, it makes the interior wet. I also think they could have put the audio controls on the steering wheel.

Best Car Ever!
By My favorite!

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was a little worried getting into this car because of the reviews about the not so sporty steering, I disagree a whole lot! Its so much more fun then then the chrysler sebring hardtop or Pontiac G6 hartop! My favorite features are the great sound system and the HUGE sunroof with pop up wind blocker. For the money its worth it! I live in Michigan and i must say it turns heads, i love seeing the people in awe when i bold off the line! Also i get 25 mpg in mixed driving! The other day i had the sunroof open and i was doing 100 on the highway and it felt and sounded like 65! If you can live without 5 seats and a smaller trunk this car is perfect for You.

-The sunroof with pop up wind blocker, its not black, ugly, or takes up half of the sunroof! -Backseat is good for anyone under 5'10 when the top is up. -Sound system is great! (8 speakers) - quick yet efficient! - DSG Twin Clutch is best of both worlds!

-Trunk is only about 10 cubic feet with top up and like 3.5 cubic feet with it down. -The VW symbol is also the trunk opener it took me 2 weeks to figure it out! -Its has nice styling but its a lot more sporty then the styling suggests!

Great Car!
By DTR

2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my first convertible, and I was a little concerned about the problems that are typical of the breed- -wind noise, cowl shake, etc. I have been very pleasantly surprised by how this vehicle performs. Yes, there is some wind noise, and it's not quite as "solid" as a sedan, but I'd definitely purchase this car again. It's so much fun to drive, and gets great gas mileage.

Great gas mileage, hard-top convertible, nav system, xenon lights and backup sensors, DSG, turbo engine

Bluetooth & HomeLink should be included for this price

Run..... from EOS
By nstallent

2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My Eos, that I loved, is sitting in Al Johnson Volkswagen repair shop and is going to stay there. I have 12 sheets of repairs. Volkswagen has tried to be very accommodating, but now lets see when I get to settle. I traded my 2000 Camaro Convertible with 22,000 miles, I am really upset that I traded my car for that piece of junk!!!! Nancy

Make them better!!!!!

This car is awful! Beware!
By amyinbuffalo

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Long story short: I leased my Volkswagen EOS April1, 2009. Today is August 3, 2009 and it's been in the shop 3 times (STILL THERE mind you) for the convertable top malfunctioning OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. It stopped mid-air in a parking lot and wouldn't open all the way OR close all the way! I had to get a Flat Bed to take it to the dealership! Now VW wants to replace the ENTIRE roof! It's 3 MONTHS OLD! And, this is the best part, they are telling me that I MAY HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS. It's $8,000 alone just for the top! I am PETRIFIED to drive this car anymore and I don't want it anymore. The aggravation I have been through is appalling. It's STILL in the shop for the rest of summer!!!

Absolutely none.

Yeah, try making the top ACTUALLY WORK right!