Used 2009 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen Eos

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

So Glad I went with it.
By mac

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My wife and sons take my car every chance the get. I have trouble sometimes getting it to drive. It is smooth and reliable. I really was going back and forth on which car i wanted and test drove many and settled on the EOS and glad I did. The interior is excellent I do wish the back seat had a little more leg room but I don;t plan to sit in the back. the Stereo system is tops and the control of the car is tops. i am surprised on how quiet it is when the hard top is on.....Great Car

Favorite Features

Hard top and sun roof.....is out standing....and the wind screen really does work.. I have own this car for 6- 7 months and thinks its great...

Suggested Improvements

leg room in the back and wished passanger seat was adjustable.

Love the Goddess
By BW in Wash DC

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought myself a b-day gift w/a Komfort 6M. Brings a smile every time I have the top down. It is the perfect combination in size, handling, and fun. Not a speedy coupe but come on, it is a convertible, relax, ease back, and feel the sun on your back. No problem yet w/seal leak as some others reported in earlier models.

Favorite Features

CSC Hardtop (Coupe-Sunroof-Convertible)

Suggested Improvements

Side mirrors don't provide as much view coverage

Very safe hardtop
By Tristan

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have had this car for 4 months, nothing has gone wrong the build quality is amazing. I recently flipped the car on Thanksgiving day, and the hardtop is very safe, only caved by about an inch to maybe 1 1/2 inches. The anti-rollbars popped up and if I hadn't had the top up I believe I would be just as fine. Only got a couple cuts on my hands when getting out. I highly recommend it just for the safety features even though the interior is amazing along with the engine. I was hitting 36 mpg with premium on the freeway at an average of going 75 mph.

Favorite Features

My favorite features was the convertible top, along with the panoramic sunroof. I really appreciate having no buttons on my steering wheel. Much better seats than the Jetta.

Suggested Improvements

No suggested improvements, except that the HID lights I had were so great I would expect them to make them standard on every car. Best lights I have ever had on a car. Stereo was pretty good, but not as fulfilling as the Monsoon stereo on my old '02 z28 Camaro.

Avoid It - Traded Mine In
By LR

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

53 days in the shop in the first year, finally had enough and traded it in for another brand. Every imaginable problem with the electrical system, sensors, gas cap, abs, braking, fuel pump, air bag, among other problems. Every little repair required shipping in parts so repairs took forever, and nothing fixed right the first time by dealer. I owned the car for a little over a year and just took a huge loss on the trade, but it had to go. Had trouble even getting near blue book on trade due to the car's reputation. Did lots of research prior to buying and 07/08 models were well reviewed. 09 seems to be a disaster. After 15 years driving VWs, this will be my last. Very disappointing.

Favorite Features

The 4 cylinder engine is powerful, acceleration is great, handling is very precise. Top is extremely cool when it works. The ipod adapter was ok. Solid ride on the highway and around town.

Suggested Improvements

At this price point, the car should have some basic things like audio controls on the steering wheel and bluetooth capability for phone. I looked past these items when I bought it, but should not have. Very annoying not having those basic features that I had even on Jettas I owned prior.

FUN LITTLE CONVERTIBLE
By FLORIDA LEN

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was concerned about buying a hardtop convertible, but I bought the EOS knowing how well VW builds cars. So far, early on in ownership, the car is solid and exhibiting no leaks. The car is a good value for the money. It is not a styling standout, but the design is nice looking. The interior is typically German, all business. What is great about the car is that is overall very solid, handles well and has decent mileage from a very peppy engine. Although, a small car, it feels very safe and secure and I am glad I bought it.

Favorite Features

I do love the whole top system with the sunroof. I also like the fact that the engine is pretty quick even though it is a 4 cylinder. Best feature is the radio - no funny buttons or things to pull or push just very straight forward radio controls.

Suggested Improvements

They need to improve on the window system in that it drops a little when you shut off the engine and if it is raining, it makes the interior wet. I also think they could have put the audio controls on the steering wheel.