2009 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:
1 year so far no issues
By Paul on 07/30/09 22:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I put 13k on it so far so good. Absolutely no-issues. I was driving a VW passat earlier and wanted to get a convertible, SAAB, VOLVO and EOS was in my list. With the price , quality , handling and look we decided to go with EOS. Excellent gas mileage Highway I even got 35MPG.

EOS Headaches
By Sasha on 07/26/09 20:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Loved vehicle, but came from factory with air conditioner condensation draining into cabin causing inches of water, mold, and stench. If you are considering buying this car, make sure the dealer checks this in their final inspection/prep. Transmission also needed work ~ 4,000 miles. Great car and gas mileage (avg 33.3 mpg highway) besides these problems. Comfortable for long distances...

Classy Ride
By HTEXBB on 07/19/09 18:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was going to reward my self with a new car and thought I would go with the Sky but after driving decided too small. Happened upon the VW EOS by accident and so happy I did. I even thought about going Certified Pre- Owned Mercedes but kept going back to the EOS. After I test drove the car, I was hooked. Its such a beautiful car and it is fun to drive. I'm not use to not having more storage but I'm sure I will get use to it. The car is amazing!

Dream Car
By Joe on 07/17/09 13:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I had no idea how fun a car could be, until I bought the Volkswagen Eos. I can't stop driving this thing... It makes driving fun again. I should have purchased this years ago. The Eos has the same solid feel of your typical Volkswagon with the added luxury of being able to put the top down. The car is peppy, gets very good gas mileage and feels good to drive. Excellent sound system. My kids and their friends all beg for rides in the car. It has been a great experience!!!

Great Value - Fun to Drive
By Jay on 07/12/09 10:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded in my 2004 Saab Aero convertible on the EOS. This car has the best turbocharger I have ever experienced. I always have proper power and torque. In fact if you stomp the accelerator from a standstill, the car will hop as a result of excess torque. With Nav, I paid $33K for this car - thousands less than any other quality convertible and I am averaging 29 mpg in the first 2,000 miles of mixed driving. The seat are exceptionally good (I have a very bad back and can tell!). The only criticism I have is that a power passenger seat is not standard although it is not that big a deal. VW has the best priced lineup of any car manufacturer.

This is a keeper
By VWFANS on 06/12/09 08:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Very cool car. No other has a hard top, a drop top, and a sunroof. It is fun to drive, pretty comfy,everything is layed nicely and to be able to go through the car wash is an added plus. VW builds quality! Gas miles ....WOW like 30 in the city! Buy one you will be so happy you did.

Compare to WHAT??
By 50something on 06/09/09 18:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We wanted a convertible for years. We considered and drove the BMW 128i, Porsche Boxster, and Mercedes 350 CLK. On vacations we rented Sebring and Mustang Shelby convertibles. When we discovered the EOS on a trip to Arkansas, we bought it on the spot and left our Acura RDX at the dealer. We continued our vacation in our brand new EOS and had a blast. Consider it a 1200 mile test drive! The person who wrote Edmunds review saying the car could not handle the twisties must be faking his reviews in my opinion. I also own a 1985 Porsche 911; the new EOS driven in Sport mode with the DSG handled every bit as well as my Porsche. The car definitely has German DNA and was FUN, FUN, FUN!!

Agree with poster JLM from 10/01/2008
By MG on 06/03/09 10:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Same problem as poster JLM.Totally dissatisfied and would not buy it again. Car in dealer for at least 10 biz days for a problem that I believe VW know about all along. The DSG transmission is the culprit and appears in all VWs-not onlyt he EOS. Check the VWVortex website for similar stories. I wish that I had before I bought this mistake.

Made me a VW Fan!
By Mariya on 05/20/09 19:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I searched for a convertible for 6 months, researched endlessly an honestly barely considered the VW-then I drove it and fell in love! My husband had owned a Corrado & Jetta Wolfsburg yet I never thought much of them. I am now a VW convert. The hardtop is significantly quieter than every other convertible I drove. The turbo has amazing pick up and makes it incredible fun to drive (I have never thought any car was fun) Nice sound system and great interior.

Enjoying the Eos
By loudounman on 03/28/09 18:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Purchased base model w/ 17 inch wheels. Great fun to drive. Plenty of pick-up with turbo. Slight hesitation but then it really moves. Compared with BMW 328 but glad I went with Eos. Saved alot of money and enjoying the car. Give this car a try and dealers are willing to deal right now.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Eos in VA is:

$129 per month*