Used 2009 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

It's the greatest Car I owned
By mac

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have owned Fords and Honda's all of my 50 plus years. Last year I went to look at a VW Passat and left with a fully equiped EOS. I and my kids are thrilled. I have a hard time keeping my car keys in my hand my four boys take it every chance they get. It by far is the best car I ever had not a lot of back seat leg room nor storage but runs great with nice get up. Would recommend this car to anyone who doesn't have to load their family in their car anymore.

hard top and ease of converting it. Radio sound is tremendous and has good speed and steering. Great safety rating.

Could be a little bit bigger. But I really am not complaining. Great

My 1st VW and my LAST
By louloulane

2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Beautiful eye catching car. Too bad it's not reliable. I have had to have it towed 3 times in 3 months back to the dealership. We bought 2 VW's on the same day, an Eos & a CC. The Eos has been such an unpleasant experience it will be the last time a VW is owned in our family. 1st time and last time for a VW for us. Ignition, electrical,turbo problems.

The sunroof/convertible is an awesome feature. The front seats are very comfortable. The backseats are a different story (see below). Love the nav system too.

Quick release to access the backseats would be nice. The slow moving electric seats is annoying & then difficult to get in the back. The back seats are pretty much non-functioning. The Navigation system needs to be recessed so you can see the screen when you have the top down.

New leftover 2009 EOS
By Jeff

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We bought this along with a new 2010 Golf tdi. So far we have about 3000 miles on it, and it has preformed well. Most surprising is the relatively good fuel economy. Overall we have posted 29.8mpg with a high of 36mpg, and this is winter and the car has a ways to go before fully broken- in. We picked up the car for $26,600 or $5700 off MSRP. It's still too early to tell how this car will turn out but so far it is good. The only drawback is the weight of 3500 lbs, but all convertibles are heavy, and this is one of the lighter ones. Cornering although acceptable is not as crisp as lighter German cars. This is our first convertible, so we'll have a better idea after our Wisconsin summer.

The CSC, coupe/sunroof/convertible is really nice. The car is remarkably quiet, very comfortable seating and reasonable rear seating. In addition, it's a nice looking car. The motor and manual transmission excel, love the power and fuel economy. Economy so far is much better than the posted EPA.

A stiffer suspension would be nice, but the weight of 3500 lbs on a front wheel drive car has handling limitations. Would be better if it was a rear wheel drive car.

Nice car with a few hiccups
By drspoon

2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This fun car is a dream to drive. The turbo engine really gets up and goes. We have taken the car on long trips and it is really very comfortable. Now after having it for a year we find out the hard way that the engine is an oil burner after total 20k mileage. Just got it back from the dealer where the oil consumption is one half quart per 1000 miles-- an amount that Volks says is acceptable. I asked how I can make the 10,000 mile factory suggested oil change interval and the dealership simply says I cannot. For the price of this car and the supposed quality of Volks engineering this is simply unacceptable. No more Volkswagens for me!!!!!!!

Great acceleration and maneuverability. We get up to 30 mpg on long trips so with today's gas prices this car will not break the bank. The audio system and navigational systems are top notch. The trunk is still large enough with the top down to carry most of the things we want on a long trip.

With no guard the sides are prone to dings from other cars. And finally we just do not like the fact that we must carry oil with us to constantly top off the oil every other gas tank fill-up. Oil consumption for this car is unacceptable. Keep that in mind before purchasing one!!

Baby Boomer Bust!
By Stephen Harris

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I believe this car is for the baby boomer that has finally reached a time in life when they feel they deserve a fun car. They have lived with the practical long enough and want something that makes no obvious sense. I think it is the most fun car I have ever owned and has the VW stamp of quality. No problems after 4000 miles of ownership and a trip of 2500 miles to Florida and back was super. No problem with trunk space, two bags consisting of one duffle and one regular was plenty for wife and I for one week. VERY comfortable and had no problems with power for passing or keeping up with traffic. Grandkids love the "transformer" and it gets lots of attention. Most people can't believe it's VW

Fun to drive, very classy and attention getting. Most people don't even know what it is until they see the VW on the trunk. Comfortable for long trips and fun to drop the top when the temp. is right. Hard top for winter. Feel very protected with top up, not like a cloth top vehicle. Very good MPG.

If it was bigger in back it would be nice, but it was purchased with the thought that it is a TWO person vehicle so why whine because because you can't haul your friends around. If it is too crowded, let them drive!

• SUV