2009 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews 2

2009 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:
So Glad I went with it.
By mac on 01/05/10 13:09 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My wife and sons take my car every chance the get. I have trouble sometimes getting it to drive. It is smooth and reliable. I really was going back and forth on which car i wanted and test drove many and settled on the EOS and glad I did. The interior is excellent I do wish the back seat had a little more leg room but I don;t plan to sit in the back. the Stereo system is tops and the control of the car is tops. i am surprised on how quiet it is when the hard top is on.....Great Car

Love the Goddess
By BW in Wash DC on 12/20/09 11:50 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought myself a b-day gift w/a Komfort 6M. Brings a smile every time I have the top down. It is the perfect combination in size, handling, and fun. Not a speedy coupe but come on, it is a convertible, relax, ease back, and feel the sun on your back. No problem yet w/seal leak as some others reported in earlier models.

Very safe hardtop
By Tristan on 12/05/09 11:40 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have had this car for 4 months, nothing has gone wrong the build quality is amazing. I recently flipped the car on Thanksgiving day, and the hardtop is very safe, only caved by about an inch to maybe 1 1/2 inches. The anti-rollbars popped up and if I hadn't had the top up I believe I would be just as fine. Only got a couple cuts on my hands when getting out. I highly recommend it just for the safety features even though the interior is amazing along with the engine. I was hitting 36 mpg with premium on the freeway at an average of going 75 mph.

Avoid It - Traded Mine In
By LR on 11/23/09 12:15 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

53 days in the shop in the first year, finally had enough and traded it in for another brand. Every imaginable problem with the electrical system, sensors, gas cap, abs, braking, fuel pump, air bag, among other problems. Every little repair required shipping in parts so repairs took forever, and nothing fixed right the first time by dealer. I owned the car for a little over a year and just took a huge loss on the trade, but it had to go. Had trouble even getting near blue book on trade due to the car's reputation. Did lots of research prior to buying and 07/08 models were well reviewed. 09 seems to be a disaster. After 15 years driving VWs, this will be my last. Very disappointing.

FUN LITTLE CONVERTIBLE
By FLORIDA LEN on 10/19/09 16:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was concerned about buying a hardtop convertible, but I bought the EOS knowing how well VW builds cars. So far, early on in ownership, the car is solid and exhibiting no leaks. The car is a good value for the money. It is not a styling standout, but the design is nice looking. The interior is typically German, all business. What is great about the car is that is overall very solid, handles well and has decent mileage from a very peppy engine. Although, a small car, it feels very safe and secure and I am glad I bought it.

Best Car Ever!
By My favorite! on 09/27/09 12:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was a little worried getting into this car because of the reviews about the not so sporty steering, I disagree a whole lot! Its so much more fun then then the chrysler sebring hardtop or Pontiac G6 hartop! My favorite features are the great sound system and the HUGE sunroof with pop up wind blocker. For the money its worth it! I live in Michigan and i must say it turns heads, i love seeing the people in awe when i bold off the line! Also i get 25 mpg in mixed driving! The other day i had the sunroof open and i was doing 100 on the highway and it felt and sounded like 65! If you can live without 5 seats and a smaller trunk this car is perfect for You.

Great Car!
By DTR on 08/21/09 10:04 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my first convertible, and I was a little concerned about the problems that are typical of the breed- -wind noise, cowl shake, etc. I have been very pleasantly surprised by how this vehicle performs. Yes, there is some wind noise, and it's not quite as "solid" as a sedan, but I'd definitely purchase this car again. It's so much fun to drive, and gets great gas mileage.

Run..... from EOS
By nstallent on 08/16/09 14:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My Eos, that I loved, is sitting in Al Johnson Volkswagen repair shop and is going to stay there. I have 12 sheets of repairs. Volkswagen has tried to be very accommodating, but now lets see when I get to settle. I traded my 2000 Camaro Convertible with 22,000 miles, I am really upset that I traded my car for that piece of junk!!!! Nancy

This car is awful! Beware!
By amyinbuffalo on 08/03/09 07:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Long story short: I leased my Volkswagen EOS April1, 2009. Today is August 3, 2009 and it's been in the shop 3 times (STILL THERE mind you) for the convertable top malfunctioning OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. It stopped mid-air in a parking lot and wouldn't open all the way OR close all the way! I had to get a Flat Bed to take it to the dealership! Now VW wants to replace the ENTIRE roof! It's 3 MONTHS OLD! And, this is the best part, they are telling me that I MAY HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS. It's $8,000 alone just for the top! I am PETRIFIED to drive this car anymore and I don't want it anymore. The aggravation I have been through is appalling. It's STILL in the shop for the rest of summer!!!

3 months and 3000 miles
By zrickety on 08/01/09 20:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We bought this car a few months ago after looking at many cars. The EOS rocks!! She said, 'I never loved a car, but I love this one.' High praise, believe me. It's a blast to drive. Dr Jekyl when you need to be conservative, Mr Hyde when you want to cut loose. It's early on, but the car has been consistently quick and solid. Future collectible here, would definitely buy again!