2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:
My 1st VW and my LAST
By louloulane on 05/12/10 08:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Beautiful eye catching car. Too bad it's not reliable. I have had to have it towed 3 times in 3 months back to the dealership. We bought 2 VW's on the same day, an Eos & a CC. The Eos has been such an unpleasant experience it will be the last time a VW is owned in our family. 1st time and last time for a VW for us. Ignition, electrical,turbo problems.

Nice car with a few hiccups
By drspoon on 03/25/10 07:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This fun car is a dream to drive. The turbo engine really gets up and goes. We have taken the car on long trips and it is really very comfortable. Now after having it for a year we find out the hard way that the engine is an oil burner after total 20k mileage. Just got it back from the dealer where the oil consumption is one half quart per 1000 miles-- an amount that Volks says is acceptable. I asked how I can make the 10,000 mile factory suggested oil change interval and the dealership simply says I cannot. For the price of this car and the supposed quality of Volks engineering this is simply unacceptable. No more Volkswagens for me!!!!!!!

Great Car!
By DTR on 08/21/09 10:04 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my first convertible, and I was a little concerned about the problems that are typical of the breed- -wind noise, cowl shake, etc. I have been very pleasantly surprised by how this vehicle performs. Yes, there is some wind noise, and it's not quite as "solid" as a sedan, but I'd definitely purchase this car again. It's so much fun to drive, and gets great gas mileage.

Run..... from EOS
By nstallent on 08/16/09 14:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My Eos, that I loved, is sitting in Al Johnson Volkswagen repair shop and is going to stay there. I have 12 sheets of repairs. Volkswagen has tried to be very accommodating, but now lets see when I get to settle. I traded my 2000 Camaro Convertible with 22,000 miles, I am really upset that I traded my car for that piece of junk!!!! Nancy

Compare to WHAT??
By 50something on 06/09/09 18:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We wanted a convertible for years. We considered and drove the BMW 128i, Porsche Boxster, and Mercedes 350 CLK. On vacations we rented Sebring and Mustang Shelby convertibles. When we discovered the EOS on a trip to Arkansas, we bought it on the spot and left our Acura RDX at the dealer. We continued our vacation in our brand new EOS and had a blast. Consider it a 1200 mile test drive! The person who wrote Edmunds review saying the car could not handle the twisties must be faking his reviews in my opinion. I also own a 1985 Porsche 911; the new EOS driven in Sport mode with the DSG handled every bit as well as my Porsche. The car definitely has German DNA and was FUN, FUN, FUN!!

Agree with poster JLM from 10/01/2008
By MG on 06/03/09 10:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Same problem as poster JLM.Totally dissatisfied and would not buy it again. Car in dealer for at least 10 biz days for a problem that I believe VW know about all along. The DSG transmission is the culprit and appears in all VWs-not onlyt he EOS. Check the VWVortex website for similar stories. I wish that I had before I bought this mistake.

It's worth it!
By EOSEJIL on 01/16/09 15:29 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I purchased my Black on Black fully loaded EOS in October and gave it much thought, it was totally the right choice. I have read a TON of reviews on the '07-'09 and here are tips for those who have had issues. You need an excellent dealer with VW fans in service, the prep work needed on this car is extensive. I test drove several and only two dealers seemed to have it prepped right. My car has no issues at all. Also you cannot wash this car under 40 degrees or you will mess up the seals, plain and simple. If you do not have a garage I would not buy an EOS. You have to be patient with the car, the window move to get in and out be gentle. '09 DVD Nav is worth it too if you drive a

Very pleased
By CCP on 10/12/08 03:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Sorry there are "lemons" . Fortunately, I am one of the lucky ones. I have been in search of a convertible for close to a year. I knew I wanted German technology, retractable hard top, front wheel drive if not all wheel,and some updated technology like a navigation system and ipod adapter. What you can get loaded in this car is a just a starter price in BMW or Audi. Audi does not yet make a hard top and BMW does not have front wheel drive in the class. The retractable hardtop has a panoramic sunroof that opens..the only convertible with this feature. They have corrected the "whirring"with small windscreen above he windshield. Technology of top closure:priceless. Gas OK.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible in NJ is:

$238 per month*