Used 2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort Convertible Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Problem free for 50K miles!
By rcboater

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought my car new in May 2009.
Car is now five years old, and we've put 50,000 fun-filled miles on it.
MPG is pretty good, too.
On the highway, I get 32 MPG.
In my mixed suburban driving,
I will get about 28 if I drive normally,
but have gotten as high as 35 on the same route by driving conservatively.
My car has never leaked- but I paid heed to the advice on the owner forums to lubricate the roof seals annually, to keep them soft and pliable. (That's a 20 minute job.) I've had NO issues with the mechanical aspects of the car-- to date, the only thing outside of regular scheduled fluid changes was new rear brake pads at 31K miles.
UPDATE: Now up to 68K miles, all still good. Rear brake pads again at 60K.
My only real complaint with the car goes back to how VW packaged the options in 2009. Back then, to get the leather seats and steering wheel audio controls, you had to buy the Lux, which meant you got an automatic. I wanted the manual, which meant I had to have the Komfort, which couldn't have those other options. I do love my manual Tx- so it was the right choice, but I wish VW had been more flexible in the optioning.

this is the one!
By atlanticdave

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

unlike so many other folks who seem to have owned nothing but foreign cars, i have only ever driving u.s.-made cars...and, although i know that american cars are essentially now the best they've ever been the quality they've ever been, i have to say i have never owned or driven anything as nice as this car...i am saddened that not all of us have had positive experiences...i purchased it three years old, with 14,000 miles on it...and i just want to say, so far,
so GREAT! nice ride, nice interior comfort, great sound system, very head-turning and eye-catching, plenty of acceleration, i recommend this car without hesitation! i have driven it 6,000 miles, and have nothing but positive things

to say about it...love the mp 3 player, love the satellite radio, love the inlet for my ipod, the moonroof along with the hard-top convertible is a unique and amazing combination! it is exceptionally quiet-it is the fourth convertible i've owned, and it is just so much better than anything i have owned before! the heated front seats are fantastic, especially for a new england winter, and it truly makes driving fun!

i would like if it had cruise and volume controls in the steering wheels...those are nice touches in nicer cars, of which this is one

New leftover 2009 EOS
By Jeff

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We bought this along with a new 2010 Golf tdi. So far we have about 3000 miles on it, and it has preformed well. Most surprising is the relatively good fuel economy. Overall we have posted 29.8mpg with a high of 36mpg, and this is winter and the car has a ways to go before fully broken- in. We picked up the car for $26,600 or $5700 off MSRP. It's still too early to tell how this car will turn out but so far it is good. The only drawback is the weight of 3500 lbs, but all convertibles are heavy, and this is one of the lighter ones. Cornering although acceptable is not as crisp as lighter German cars. This is our first convertible, so we'll have a better idea after our Wisconsin summer.

The CSC, coupe/sunroof/convertible is really nice. The car is remarkably quiet, very comfortable seating and reasonable rear seating. In addition, it's a nice looking car. The motor and manual transmission excel, love the power and fuel economy. Economy so far is much better than the posted EPA.

A stiffer suspension would be nice, but the weight of 3500 lbs on a front wheel drive car has handling limitations. Would be better if it was a rear wheel drive car.

Love the Goddess
By BW in Wash DC

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought myself a b-day gift w/a Komfort 6M. Brings a smile every time I have the top down. It is the perfect combination in size, handling, and fun. Not a speedy coupe but come on, it is a convertible, relax, ease back, and feel the sun on your back. No problem yet w/seal leak as some others reported in earlier models.

CSC Hardtop (Coupe-Sunroof-Convertible)

Side mirrors don't provide as much view coverage

FUN LITTLE CONVERTIBLE
By FLORIDA LEN

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was concerned about buying a hardtop convertible, but I bought the EOS knowing how well VW builds cars. So far, early on in ownership, the car is solid and exhibiting no leaks. The car is a good value for the money. It is not a styling standout, but the design is nice looking. The interior is typically German, all business. What is great about the car is that is overall very solid, handles well and has decent mileage from a very peppy engine. Although, a small car, it feels very safe and secure and I am glad I bought it.

I do love the whole top system with the sunroof. I also like the fact that the engine is pretty quick even though it is a 4 cylinder. Best feature is the radio - no funny buttons or things to pull or push just very straight forward radio controls.

They need to improve on the window system in that it drops a little when you shut off the engine and if it is raining, it makes the interior wet. I also think they could have put the audio controls on the steering wheel.