Used 2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

My 1st VW and my LAST
By louloulane

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Beautiful eye catching car. Too bad it's not reliable. I have had to have it towed 3 times in 3 months back to the dealership. We bought 2 VW's on the same day, an Eos & a CC. The Eos has been such an unpleasant experience it will be the last time a VW is owned in our family. 1st time and last time for a VW for us. Ignition, electrical,turbo problems.

Favorite Features

The sunroof/convertible is an awesome feature. The front seats are very comfortable. The backseats are a different story (see below). Love the nav system too.

Suggested Improvements

Quick release to access the backseats would be nice. The slow moving electric seats is annoying & then difficult to get in the back. The back seats are pretty much non-functioning. The Navigation system needs to be recessed so you can see the screen when you have the top down.

Nice car with a few hiccups
By drspoon

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This fun car is a dream to drive. The turbo engine really gets up and goes. We have taken the car on long trips and it is really very comfortable. Now after having it for a year we find out the hard way that the engine is an oil burner after total 20k mileage. Just got it back from the dealer where the oil consumption is one half quart per 1000 miles-- an amount that Volks says is acceptable. I asked how I can make the 10,000 mile factory suggested oil change interval and the dealership simply says I cannot. For the price of this car and the supposed quality of Volks engineering this is simply unacceptable. No more Volkswagens for me!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

Great acceleration and maneuverability. We get up to 30 mpg on long trips so with today's gas prices this car will not break the bank. The audio system and navigational systems are top notch. The trunk is still large enough with the top down to carry most of the things we want on a long trip.

Suggested Improvements

With no guard the sides are prone to dings from other cars. And finally we just do not like the fact that we must carry oil with us to constantly top off the oil every other gas tank fill-up. Oil consumption for this car is unacceptable. Keep that in mind before purchasing one!!

Great Car!
By DTR

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my first convertible, and I was a little concerned about the problems that are typical of the breed- -wind noise, cowl shake, etc. I have been very pleasantly surprised by how this vehicle performs. Yes, there is some wind noise, and it's not quite as "solid" as a sedan, but I'd definitely purchase this car again. It's so much fun to drive, and gets great gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, hard-top convertible, nav system, xenon lights and backup sensors, DSG, turbo engine

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth & HomeLink should be included for this price

Run..... from EOS
By nstallent

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My Eos, that I loved, is sitting in Al Johnson Volkswagen repair shop and is going to stay there. I have 12 sheets of repairs. Volkswagen has tried to be very accommodating, but now lets see when I get to settle. I traded my 2000 Camaro Convertible with 22,000 miles, I am really upset that I traded my car for that piece of junk!!!! Nancy

Suggested Improvements

Make them better!!!!!

Compare to WHAT??
By 50something

2009 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We wanted a convertible for years. We considered and drove the BMW 128i, Porsche Boxster, and Mercedes 350 CLK. On vacations we rented Sebring and Mustang Shelby convertibles. When we discovered the EOS on a trip to Arkansas, we bought it on the spot and left our Acura RDX at the dealer. We continued our vacation in our brand new EOS and had a blast. Consider it a 1200 mile test drive! The person who wrote Edmunds review saying the car could not handle the twisties must be faking his reviews in my opinion. I also own a 1985 Porsche 911; the new EOS driven in Sport mode with the DSG handled every bit as well as my Porsche. The car definitely has German DNA and was FUN, FUN, FUN!!

Favorite Features

We got 31 MPG Hwy. The EOS Lux has features that would add $10k to the BMW 328i. I can't tell you all that we love in 250 characters. The car has high-class luxury features for a middle- class price. The value compared to Saab, Volvo, BMW or Mercedes is outstanding. Sebring? Forget about it.

Suggested Improvements

We skipped the $2000 navigation system and spent $200 at Best Buy for a portable TomTom system. It is ridiculous that Volkswagen cannot make nav standard for a LUX model. How much would it really cost? The Porsche Boxster Nav is $3400 so I imagine it is a profit center to get your last dollar.