2009 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:
Problem free for 50K miles!
By rcboater on 03/24/14 13:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought my car new in May 2009. Car is now five years old, and we've put 50,000 fun-filled miles on it. MPG is pretty good, too. On the highway, I get 32 MPG. In my mixed suburban driving, I will get about 28 if I drive normally, but have gotten as high as 35 on the same route by driving conservatively. My car has never leaked- but I paid heed to the advice on the owner forums to lubricate the roof seals annually, to keep them soft and pliable. (That's a 20 minute job.) I've had NO issues with the mechanical aspects of the car-- to date, the only thing outside of regular scheduled fluid changes was new rear brake pads at 31K miles.

this is the one!
By atlanticdave on 10/11/12 14:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

unlike so many other folks who seem to have owned nothing but foreign cars, i have only ever driving u.s.-made cars...and, although i know that american cars are essentially now the best they've ever been the quality they've ever been, i have to say i have never owned or driven anything as nice as this car...i am saddened that not all of us have had positive experiences...i purchased it three years old, with 14,000 miles on it...and i just want to say, so far, so GREAT! nice ride, nice interior comfort, great sound system, very head-turning and eye-catching, plenty of acceleration, i recommend this car without hesitation! i have driven it 6,000 miles, and have nothing but positive things

New leftover 2009 EOS
By Jeff on 03/25/10 10:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We bought this along with a new 2010 Golf tdi. So far we have about 3000 miles on it, and it has preformed well. Most surprising is the relatively good fuel economy. Overall we have posted 29.8mpg with a high of 36mpg, and this is winter and the car has a ways to go before fully broken- in. We picked up the car for $26,600 or $5700 off MSRP. It's still too early to tell how this car will turn out but so far it is good. The only drawback is the weight of 3500 lbs, but all convertibles are heavy, and this is one of the lighter ones. Cornering although acceptable is not as crisp as lighter German cars. This is our first convertible, so we'll have a better idea after our Wisconsin summer.

Love the Goddess
By BW in Wash DC on 12/20/09 11:50 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought myself a b-day gift w/a Komfort 6M. Brings a smile every time I have the top down. It is the perfect combination in size, handling, and fun. Not a speedy coupe but come on, it is a convertible, relax, ease back, and feel the sun on your back. No problem yet w/seal leak as some others reported in earlier models.

FUN LITTLE CONVERTIBLE
By FLORIDA LEN on 10/19/09 16:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was concerned about buying a hardtop convertible, but I bought the EOS knowing how well VW builds cars. So far, early on in ownership, the car is solid and exhibiting no leaks. The car is a good value for the money. It is not a styling standout, but the design is nice looking. The interior is typically German, all business. What is great about the car is that is overall very solid, handles well and has decent mileage from a very peppy engine. Although, a small car, it feels very safe and secure and I am glad I bought it.

This car is awful! Beware!
By amyinbuffalo on 08/03/09 07:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Long story short: I leased my Volkswagen EOS April1, 2009. Today is August 3, 2009 and it's been in the shop 3 times (STILL THERE mind you) for the convertable top malfunctioning OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. It stopped mid-air in a parking lot and wouldn't open all the way OR close all the way! I had to get a Flat Bed to take it to the dealership! Now VW wants to replace the ENTIRE roof! It's 3 MONTHS OLD! And, this is the best part, they are telling me that I MAY HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS. It's $8,000 alone just for the top! I am PETRIFIED to drive this car anymore and I don't want it anymore. The aggravation I have been through is appalling. It's STILL in the shop for the rest of summer!!!

EOS Headaches
By Sasha on 07/26/09 20:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Loved vehicle, but came from factory with air conditioner condensation draining into cabin causing inches of water, mold, and stench. If you are considering buying this car, make sure the dealer checks this in their final inspection/prep. Transmission also needed work ~ 4,000 miles. Great car and gas mileage (avg 33.3 mpg highway) besides these problems. Comfortable for long distances...

Classy Ride
By HTEXBB on 07/19/09 18:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was going to reward my self with a new car and thought I would go with the Sky but after driving decided too small. Happened upon the VW EOS by accident and so happy I did. I even thought about going Certified Pre- Owned Mercedes but kept going back to the EOS. After I test drove the car, I was hooked. Its such a beautiful car and it is fun to drive. I'm not use to not having more storage but I'm sure I will get use to it. The car is amazing!

Great Value - Fun to Drive
By Jay on 07/12/09 10:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded in my 2004 Saab Aero convertible on the EOS. This car has the best turbocharger I have ever experienced. I always have proper power and torque. In fact if you stomp the accelerator from a standstill, the car will hop as a result of excess torque. With Nav, I paid $33K for this car - thousands less than any other quality convertible and I am averaging 29 mpg in the first 2,000 miles of mixed driving. The seat are exceptionally good (I have a very bad back and can tell!). The only criticism I have is that a power passenger seat is not standard although it is not that big a deal. VW has the best priced lineup of any car manufacturer.

Made me a VW Fan!
By Mariya on 05/20/09 19:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I searched for a convertible for 6 months, researched endlessly an honestly barely considered the VW-then I drove it and fell in love! My husband had owned a Corrado & Jetta Wolfsburg yet I never thought much of them. I am now a VW convert. The hardtop is significantly quieter than every other convertible I drove. The turbo has amazing pick up and makes it incredible fun to drive (I have never thought any car was fun) Nice sound system and great interior.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Eos in VA is:

$129 per month*