2009 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:
Problem free for 50K miles!
By rcboater on 03/24/14 13:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought my car new in May 2009. Car is now five years old, and we've put 50,000 fun-filled miles on it. MPG is pretty good, too. On the highway, I get 32 MPG. In my mixed suburban driving, I will get about 28 if I drive normally, but have gotten as high as 35 on the same route by driving conservatively. My car has never leaked- but I paid heed to the advice on the owner forums to lubricate the roof seals annually, to keep them soft and pliable. (That's a 20 minute job.) I've had NO issues with the mechanical aspects of the car-- to date, the only thing outside of regular scheduled fluid changes was new rear brake pads at 31K miles.

this is the one!
By atlanticdave on 10/11/12 14:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

unlike so many other folks who seem to have owned nothing but foreign cars, i have only ever driving u.s.-made cars...and, although i know that american cars are essentially now the best they've ever been the quality they've ever been, i have to say i have never owned or driven anything as nice as this car...i am saddened that not all of us have had positive experiences...i purchased it three years old, with 14,000 miles on it...and i just want to say, so far, so GREAT! nice ride, nice interior comfort, great sound system, very head-turning and eye-catching, plenty of acceleration, i recommend this car without hesitation! i have driven it 6,000 miles, and have nothing but positive things

Worst Car Ever
By jlmurray81 on 07/20/11 12:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I leased this car back in August on 2008 and have had nothing but problems with it and the dealership ever since. Four weeks after I leased the car, a transmission valve had to be replaced. I learned about his problem only after nearly being killed on the freeway because my car lost all forward momentum. To add insult to injury the dealership insisted it was my starter that caused this issue. Only after speaking to a mechanic was this issue actually addressed. The dealership had my car for over three weeks and tried to charge me for the rental car. Approximately a year later the manufacture issued a recall for this transmission value issue.

DEFECTIVE TRANSMISSION
By BOCA LEN on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Overall my EOS is a reasonably priced convertible with generally good quality. I bought the car new. I drive to work and never abuse the car - just basic transportation However, at 1400 miles the transmission blew and had to be replaced with what I now know is a refurbished unit. Last week at 10,000 miles the refurbished transmission blew again. The dealer wants to replace with a refurbished unit again. VW extended the warranty, the dealer has been pleasant to work with and provides a loaner car. The point is, this transmission is too complex. I thing that anyone considering buying a VW with this transmission needs to be aware of the problems that are inherent with this unit. Beware!

FUN2BEHAD
By FunFunFun on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I had a 2006 Passat on lease. I had been looking for 6 months for a convertible. VW let me out of my lease for a ridiculous amount and I got a EOS. I had tried the Toyota, Sebring and a few others but loved the handling of the EOS. It's fun, no problems, lots of compliments. Most fun driving ever. The back seat is small, but deep and bigger then the Volvo, Lexus etc.. I always get compliments on the car. It's been so much fun. Great for road trips to the beach.

It's the greatest Car I owned
By mac on 06/14/10 10:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have owned Fords and Honda's all of my 50 plus years. Last year I went to look at a VW Passat and left with a fully equiped EOS. I and my kids are thrilled. I have a hard time keeping my car keys in my hand my four boys take it every chance they get. It by far is the best car I ever had not a lot of back seat leg room nor storage but runs great with nice get up. Would recommend this car to anyone who doesn't have to load their family in their car anymore.

My 1st VW and my LAST
By louloulane on 05/12/10 08:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Beautiful eye catching car. Too bad it's not reliable. I have had to have it towed 3 times in 3 months back to the dealership. We bought 2 VW's on the same day, an Eos & a CC. The Eos has been such an unpleasant experience it will be the last time a VW is owned in our family. 1st time and last time for a VW for us. Ignition, electrical,turbo problems.

New leftover 2009 EOS
By Jeff on 03/25/10 10:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We bought this along with a new 2010 Golf tdi. So far we have about 3000 miles on it, and it has preformed well. Most surprising is the relatively good fuel economy. Overall we have posted 29.8mpg with a high of 36mpg, and this is winter and the car has a ways to go before fully broken- in. We picked up the car for $26,600 or $5700 off MSRP. It's still too early to tell how this car will turn out but so far it is good. The only drawback is the weight of 3500 lbs, but all convertibles are heavy, and this is one of the lighter ones. Cornering although acceptable is not as crisp as lighter German cars. This is our first convertible, so we'll have a better idea after our Wisconsin summer.

Nice car with a few hiccups
By drspoon on 03/25/10 07:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This fun car is a dream to drive. The turbo engine really gets up and goes. We have taken the car on long trips and it is really very comfortable. Now after having it for a year we find out the hard way that the engine is an oil burner after total 20k mileage. Just got it back from the dealer where the oil consumption is one half quart per 1000 miles-- an amount that Volks says is acceptable. I asked how I can make the 10,000 mile factory suggested oil change interval and the dealership simply says I cannot. For the price of this car and the supposed quality of Volks engineering this is simply unacceptable. No more Volkswagens for me!!!!!!!

Baby Boomer Bust!
By Stephen Harris on 02/17/10 16:42 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I believe this car is for the baby boomer that has finally reached a time in life when they feel they deserve a fun car. They have lived with the practical long enough and want something that makes no obvious sense. I think it is the most fun car I have ever owned and has the VW stamp of quality. No problems after 4000 miles of ownership and a trip of 2500 miles to Florida and back was super. No problem with trunk space, two bags consisting of one duffle and one regular was plenty for wife and I for one week. VERY comfortable and had no problems with power for passing or keeping up with traffic. Grandkids love the "transformer" and it gets lots of attention. Most people can't believe it's VW

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Eos in VA is:

$129 per month*