Wish I hadn't...
By the1lion on
2008 Volkswagen Eos Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
At first we loved the car but there's been way too many build quality issues to be accepted - it's like we bought a first year Kia. We had to replace the passenger window motor, but in doing so the interior material starting coming up from the door and the dealer said it was due to the sun drying up the adhesive. Then we had another place look at it and they said when the door panel was put back on it was incorrect and pointed out the broken sections. We took it back to the dealer and they replaced it again saying the problem was the rail that held it in place became loose because the adhesive - again. Recently the sun visor came out on the drivers side - literally came out of the roof.
Favorite Features
Drop top.
Suggested Improvements
Just stop building junk cars. VW is a joke, I'd never buy another VW. I'm trying to convince my wife to trade this thing in - it's only just over 5 years since we bought it but I just have a feeling it's not going to last. My 2002 Rav4 that has over 100K miles on it I'd rather keep than this car. When we bought this, I sold a 1992 Dodge Stealth RT so I've had cars that last and I keep them up. This thing is a disaster on wheels. Even the oil seems to evaporate! Had it in for an oil change and was told the dipstick was bone dry! The dealership had just replaced the oil cap recently - guess it didn't help.
By the1lion
on 07/25/14 14:17 PM (PDT)

A little over a year later and a couple of things - first when we started putting the top down again, it initially had an issue and would stop about half-way through the process and you would have to start to close it and then open it again. Seems to work okay now though. The other issue is the Airbag Fault message starting popping up and apparently this isn't uncommon in the Eos. We'll see how much that's going to run. I think this car is just going to be a money trap - might as well be driving a Gremlin. I also forgot to mention that every so often when it rains it may leak around the drivers side pillar.