2008 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Review: Great Car

2008 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Review

Lux Convertible (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual)

Great Car
By timinwi on

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I traded my Buick LaCrosse for this car because I wanted a convertible; so it was quite the change for me but I've really enjoyed driving my EOS. It is not really a sporty car in the sense that it can take tight curves at high speed like say, a Mazda Miata, but more like a sporty cruiser. No mechanical issues to speak of yet, so maybe I have lucked out compared to some of the other reviews written here. I chose a mechanic who is independent and focuses totally on foreign cars and the car checked out well. I think this car is a great value for what you get especially the moving hardtop which are typically on higher priced vehicles.

Hard top - don't have to worry about vandalism, sporty cruiser feel, acceleration (from starting and passing), interior, ergonomics of controls - simple and not distracting.

Leather seating could be a little thicker with more cushion - kind of hard especially on bumps. Can't think of anything else. Time will see how reliable the car turns out to be.