2008 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Review: Interior/Build Problems

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Review

Interior/Build Problems
By TyAlyson on

2008 Volkswagen Eos Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Although my 2008 EOS is fun to drive and is reliable in ride/drive, I'm very upset about the constant attention my interior mechanisms need. The emergency brake sleeve was not attached at purchase, sunroof was lubricated for squeak noise, leak repaired on driverside A Pillar, driverside seatbelt keeps twisting inside panel (dealer fixed once but refuse to fix under warranty in future), passenger seat sliding mechanism doesn't work when seat is pushed forward for passenger access (dealer refuses to fix under warranty), passenger side seat recliner knob broke off due to poor design (dealer refuses to fix under warranty), LCD monitor fades on left side when temps reach 100+ degrees...

Favorite Features

I love the seat warmers, gas mileage, exterior and interior look, its zip and drive, engine reputation, and it is a cute care!

Suggested Improvements

Some interior mechanisms are poorly designed and fall apart easily. The poor design/placement of equipment causes wear & tear on other features which causes malfunction of parts. It is not the customer's fault!