2008 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Review: I Love My Eos

2008 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Review

I Love My Eos
By danerice on

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I got my Eos in May 2008 and 14 months later, I still smile every time I get behind the wheel! The hardtop/sunroof/convertible roof is brilliant. I get stares and smiles while putting the roof up on a regular basis. With the same 2.0 Turbo engine as the GTI, the car is peppy and fast. The 17-inch wheels are sporty and sharp. The leather and walnut interior is reminiscent of a car much higher priced. The upgraded Dynaudio stereo system rocks. The Ipod adpapter and navigation system would have been nice! My only complaints are the top-up styling isn't as slick as some other competitors, and interior noise can be an issue. Overall, this car is a blast and I would recommend it to anyone!

The roof is the show-stopper. I never cease to be amazed by the way it folds away so quickly and effortlessly. The stereo rocks, the seats are super-comfortable, and I love the dual zone temperature controls. Steering wheel controls are great, and the Direct Shift Gearbox unleashes 6-speed fun.

Future exterior styling could be a bit sportier. The seam between the trunk lid and the body could be tighter. Interior road noise could be reduced. Back seat could be a bit roomier. Automatic shifting could be a bit smoother when pedal is floored. Rain sensor wipers are a bit frustrating.