2008 Volkswagen Eos 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual Consumer Review - Dream Machine

2008 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Review

2008 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Komfort Convertible (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual)

Dream Machine
By Alan on

2008 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

What a Car! Style, Quality, Performance at a good price. Consumer Reports 'Top Pick'. Compared to BMW, Audi, Volvo convertibles (Eos has more options for less money). 0-60 mpg, 7.9 seconds. Good safety & reliability ratings. Spoke to several EOS owners and ALL say they love their car. Pick up is quick, maneuvers great on bends, very little wind noise even with top down. Trunk space small but ample room for groceries. Back seat definitely not for those with small children in car seats. No question that you will get stares if you put the top down at a red light. Not something I normally would do but I just couldn't resist. The guy in the BMW convertible behind me almost cried. Have Fun.

Favorite Features

Can have top off an not get blasted with air or wind noise, quick pick-up, purr of the turbo, style and options, the 'top' without question is up there with favorites. I can go on an on.

Suggested Improvements

Backing up a bit rough due to poor visibility caused by back headrests. Wished Komfort package had auto passenger seat versus manual and had auto-dimming rear view mirror. Couple options in my last VW that I miss.