About the roof seals
By eoslover on
2008 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I hate to see all the bad reviews about the roof leaks. Since Edmunds doesn't allow posting links in reviews if you google "solve eos roof seal leaks" you will find an excellent article on keeping this car from leaking. I did a lot of research on this car before I purchased it and bought it once I read this article and knew the roof would likely not be a problem. Unfortunately, most VW dealers don't seem to stock the Krytox or know anything about this process. That said, overall this car has been great and fun for 12,000 miles. I get a solid 27 mpg with 50/50 highway/city driving. Highway yields over 30 mpg. Drove 2 hours through wicked slippery icy snow as well as can be expected for 2WD.
Favorite Features
The top of course! That's why I bought it. The added bonus of the sun roof is priceless. Lack of drip caps come with the convertible territory. It's a trade off. This car gets the looks everywhere I go, especially with the top down.
Suggested Improvements
Minor complaints are balanced by the overall good quality. Gas door didn't want to close once in extreme frigid temps. Windows drop when door opens - this is a small problem when covered in ice. Maybe not the best car for high ice/snow areas but no complaints once things thaw.