Used 2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

it's all in the roof
By ripped off

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Volkswagen put all of their dollars in the roof and put almost nothing in interior finish. My car listed at $34,000 and the leather in the seat ends at the piping on the side of the seat. I'm not even sure it's leather! The passenger seat has NO electronic controls. And there is no place to put my sunglasses. It's just poorly thought out. I can see paying a premium for the hardtop convertible roof, but give me some place to store my sunglasses. I should have paid attention to the things I thought a 'great car' would offer as standard.

Favorite Features

hardtop right side gas tank makes it easy to get a spot in line.

Suggested Improvements

if you are going to charge a premium for what is at the low end of the VW/Audi/Porsche family, give it some thought!

Fun to drive
By Nancy

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Initially the DSG transmission took some getting used. It's a fun car to drive and surprisingly quiet even on the worst roads. I've had my car for over a year and am having a few problems with the convertible top. It doesn't seem to go thru the down process all the way. Then when I try to put the top up, I have to press the button down to complete the cycle and then pull the button up for the top to close. I'm working with my dealer to get it squared away because the hard top convertible is the main reason I bought this car. All that said, I still love my EOS!!

Favorite Features

hard top convertible

Suggested Improvements

Front seats are some what uncomfortable.

Still in Love
By hedgehog

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Odometer just passed 2000 with over 300 of that put on in the past 3 days. I still love it! Just wondering why I don't see more of them on the road. Hard to believe I drove that far and didn't see another Eos anywhere. By the way, I got 32.1 mpg for those 300+ highway miles. Dealer did not service (lubricate) roof seals as part of prep. We will be asking them to do that when it goes in for first service.

How much fun can a car be?
By ALAN

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted a 4 season car, so the hard top convertible fit the bill. Weather protection and great security. I test drove the BMW 3-series and the Volvo C70 drop tops, and for pure fun this is the car! You get an integrated sunroof plus can you beat keeping the extra $10,000 in the bank? The 2.0 L turbo is quiet and powerful, and the DSL transmission is so smooth. The flip-up windbreaker is included (not an expensive accessory) and much appreciated so you can enjoy even slightly cool days.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, comfortable seats, transmission, quiet and powerful turbo, reliable roof operation, radio. Front- end steering control is excellent and the turning radius is tight. Braking is competent and quiet. Ride is fairly quiet with the top down.

Problems with the top
By buyright

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We wanted to buy a used EOS. The car we looked at had been taken back by the VW company because there was water leakage into the front pillar. It was fixed by VW and then placed for sale. Our friend bought the EOS and has had the car in the shop for 4 weeks. The problem was getting the convertible top to go up.