2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:
Dream Machine
By Alan on 05/04/08 07:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

What a Car! Style, Quality, Performance at a good price. Consumer Reports 'Top Pick'. Compared to BMW, Audi, Volvo convertibles (Eos has more options for less money). 0-60 mpg, 7.9 seconds. Good safety & reliability ratings. Spoke to several EOS owners and ALL say they love their car. Pick up is quick, maneuvers great on bends, very little wind noise even with top down. Trunk space small but ample room for groceries. Back seat definitely not for those with small children in car seats. No question that you will get stares if you put the top down at a red light. Not something I normally would do but I just couldn't resist. The guy in the BMW convertible behind me almost cried. Have Fun.

The Best Car Ever
By Happy Redhead on 04/08/08 23:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have finally got the car I've always wanted!!! Sassy, powerful and hot. The best is when I'm at a stop light and put the top down, boy does it get raves!!!

We love this car
By Trackula on 03/07/08 20:08 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Initial quality of this car is flawless. From the paint, fit, quality of materials and craftsmanship, we cannot find flaw. The engine and manual transmission are perfectly mated. The short-throw 6 speed is a joy. Power delivery is a rush. Fuel economy is 27+ combined city/highway. The seats and interior materials appear to be of very high quality. Reported top leaks are non-existent in this one, of course the seals were lubed immediately after delivery, which is critical to maintaining water/air seal. We researched this car for weeks before buying and determined that proper maintenance of the roof seals is a must.

Fun and high quality
By Coastal on 01/17/08 10:45 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

After four months and 5,000 miles I'm delighted with the Eos. It's quick and tight and I get 30+ mpg on the highway. It's exactly what I was looking for. The seats are comfortable and every feature seems well-thought out. The six-speed manual shifts crisply.

Buy It
By kenbar on 01/10/08 10:35 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Only have it a short time. Fuel economy is excellent. 2.0 T engine performs well. This car is fun to drive that turns a lot of heads. Recommended.

Quality and fun for the price
By Matthew on 01/01/08 10:31 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is a blast, love the six speed manual. Window snug up feature sticks in cold weather and can be a pain during frezing rain trying to warm up the vehicle as the interior gets wet. I test drove the BMW 3 convertible and was sold on the Eos due to the year round drivability and the difference of 12k in price for less features than the Eos. I got the iPod adaptor and 17 inch wheels, both worth the upgrade charge. Needs blue tooth capability and HD radio, cruise control is hard to see while driving making it hard to use. But I do love this car.

It looks fun
By MISHMISH on 12/22/07 15:53 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my 9th VW. Traded my 04 R32 for my 08 Eos. My R32 was top of the line, 4motion with a V6. No other VW compares to it. I think thats why I'm having a hard time falling in love with it. But with that aside, it is a great car. It's peppy for a four cylinder since it has a turbo (mine is a manual). It's a little light in windy conditions though. Oh, and did I mention it has a terrible blind spot! It's handling great in the snow. The sound system is great. The seats are comfy. I just adore the look. And when putting the roof down, all eyes on me. What a show!! Great car for the price!! A step up from the Cabrio of my past! I'm learning to love it more every day.

Eos
By Larson on 11/03/07 18:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Very nice convertible. Handles extremely well, just as one would expect with a sports car. For a 4 cyl.2.0 liter turbo engine it has a lot of go and then some. More than enough power. It is extremely quiet with the top down. Very easy for people to talk, meaning marginal wind noise.

Good choice
By injuryexpert on 09/30/07 11:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My '08 Eos has had almost no problems in the first month. No leaks, no big wind noise, no build problems. Great power and the DSG is awesome. Of course, this car is about the top - real showoff moves. It's also practical because of this top, even in the midwest. If you're looking for fun with enough room for some friends or a golf bag in the back seat, the Eos is the best choice out there.

This car is really fun
By herb on 08/17/07 18:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have only had my new '08 VW Eos for 3 weeks now but it has been a blast!! The 200 hp turbo is powerful, the 6 sp auto trans is smooth, can not feel the shifts, and of course, the top. What fun it is to open or close the top and watch everyone around the car just stare.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible in NJ is:

$223 per month*