Used 2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

BUYER BEWARE
By PJ

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was very excited when first purchasing this car.That changed quickly.This car has always burned 3 quarts of oil between changes.Volks says "that is normal".I have had the ac condenser and compressor replaced.The typical water leak issues are insane.The ac still can not be used because the air has a horrible smell to it.I have had the car towed 2x due to the car shaking and shutting down.This is supposed to be a luxury vehicle.I have had nothing but aggravation.I will be trading this vehicle,selling private is not an option.I will accept my loss and be happy to be rid of it.Very disappointing.

Suggested Improvements

Where do I start......

Transmission Nightmare!
By R Ives

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I loved this car when I first purchased it. At about 500 miles, the transmission started to buck and loose power accelerating into traffic. Dealer could not find the problem. The problems started getting worse until it was jerking an shaking when backing or proceeding slowly. After numerous complaints they finally replaced the Mechtronic unit. That fixed it for about another 100 miles. Now it's starting all over again. I've had 3 situations where the car lost transmission power while proceeding into traffic. I wouldn't recommend the automatic to anyone.

Favorite Features

When this car is running properly it's a delight! Wonderful style and finishes. The retractable hard-top is way-cool.

Suggested Improvements

Dump the DSG

Great value
By gester

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Traded in my TT roadster. Love the power plant. Love the transmission. Love the roof. Got 20K on it now; no regrets at all (well, I wish I'd gotten the three years free maintenance but that's about it). Oh, and I guess I wish i'd gotten the ipod dock instead of the generic input jack.

Favorite Features

The roof. the kids call it "the transformer." Always good value.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger back seat; it's torture for an adult back there. Also, this car desperately needs a rear camera option; rear visibility when backing out is dreadful.

I Love My Eos
By danerice

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I got my Eos in May 2008 and 14 months later, I still smile every time I get behind the wheel! The hardtop/sunroof/convertible roof is brilliant. I get stares and smiles while putting the roof up on a regular basis. With the same 2.0 Turbo engine as the GTI, the car is peppy and fast. The 17-inch wheels are sporty and sharp. The leather and walnut interior is reminiscent of a car much higher priced. The upgraded Dynaudio stereo system rocks. The Ipod adpapter and navigation system would have been nice! My only complaints are the top-up styling isn't as slick as some other competitors, and interior noise can be an issue. Overall, this car is a blast and I would recommend it to anyone!

Favorite Features

The roof is the show-stopper. I never cease to be amazed by the way it folds away so quickly and effortlessly. The stereo rocks, the seats are super-comfortable, and I love the dual zone temperature controls. Steering wheel controls are great, and the Direct Shift Gearbox unleashes 6-speed fun.

Suggested Improvements

Future exterior styling could be a bit sportier. The seam between the trunk lid and the body could be tighter. Interior road noise could be reduced. Back seat could be a bit roomier. Automatic shifting could be a bit smoother when pedal is floored. Rain sensor wipers are a bit frustrating.

Fun in Sun and Snow
By abbieshuler

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Great gas mileage - average combined 29.5 city/hwy. Handles EXCELLENT in snow - I live in Michigan so I have had lots of it. No problems and so fun to drive. I get stopped all the time for people to admire.

Favorite Features

Sunroof and convertible

Suggested Improvements

windows drop slightly when unlock - change this and it would be perfect.