2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:
Great Little Convertible
By Cindy on 07/16/08 08:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The design and fit of this EOS is terrific! It handles very smoothly, has enough acceleration when needed, and has interior comforts. The display is fully designed with a compass, mpg ratings, miles to empty, etc. The design of the hardtop convertible/sunroof is amazing and causes everyone to stare when lowered or raised.

A great car!
By jlb on 07/07/08 17:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I agree with other owners: this car is really, really fun, and the hardtop convertible is just great. I learned to drive in Italy, and you can really throw this car around corners. My only regret is that I didn't get a stick. For an automatic, the DSG gearbox is good, but I tried a friend's Audi with the same 2.0 Turbo and a stick, and -- well, the stick is just more fun.

The Car is Fun & that is why you buy it!
By dano on 07/07/08 07:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Took delivery less than 2 weeks ago, great so far, fun every day. Was approached in the parking lot and asked to put the top down by several folks who loved the show. Great interior, radio. Small trunk and small back seat, so if you need room, buy a Suburban.

Couldn't be more pleased...
By Eos Lvr on 06/30/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

So, I've been driving my new white Eos with the corn silk beige interior for a few weeks now. I have been wanting a convertible for quite some time and this was the perfect fit for me, 27 and just broke up with my boyfriend. Perfect timing. ;) Every time I get into the car I love it even more. Rain or shine, day or night, you get the best of all three worlds in driving this car, a convertible, a sunroof and a coupe. I really like the power and the many features it has. I researched this car for awhile before purchasing it and really couldn't find any reason not to buy it. So, if you’re looking to purchase one, you won’t go wrong!

Love this car
By kristin on 06/19/08 12:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I absolutely love this car!! It is so fun to drive and I get tons of compliments on it. I love the way people get so excited when they see it go from hard top to convertible. Everyone starts to hum the Transformers tune!

The best
By cc3323 on 06/18/08 17:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This VW is the best. I traded in a convertible beetle for something with a little bit more power and boy did I get it. The hard top is fun to use and the car drives great. Gas mileage is a plus also. The only down side is the use of premium gas, but it is worth it for the power.

Hope to keep mine for a long time
By EOS for MEOS on 06/17/08 21:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I agree with the positive reviews seen below, so I'll just add my 2 cents to their comments :-) Like others, I'd never even heard of this car until I started shopping around. Before, I was going to own either a Sky/Solstice. I drove the Solstice and it was quick and throaty but in the 'bang for your buck' category, the EOS has no peer, IMHO. I'm getting 26-27 mpg around town, but be warned, heavy footed drivers (like my WIFE!) will get 4-5 less mpg. The shifting in this automatic 6 speed is so smooth that you don't notice unless you watch the tach. There are so many features on the "trip computer" that you may not use half (and I'm a geek!). Save yourself some time and test drive this first!

Fantastic, sporty little car!
By jules on 06/06/08 09:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I adore this car. It's so fun to drive! And obviously the hard top is GREAT! It's like watching a transformer!! I would highly recommend this car to anyone. I live in the Northeast, and it did really well in the snow this past winter, and we got tons of it! It's got a lot of pep, and it looks so sleek... I get a ton of compliments on the car. Surprisingly you can fit quite a bit in the trunk. I have had this car for 9 months now, and it's the best car. I'm on my 7th VW, but this is the sportiest and most fun!

EOS FAN
By Love my EOS on 05/17/08 19:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Since the day that I test drove the car, I had to have it. It is my first Volkswagen experience and, so far, nothing but rave reviews. I love driving it and heads turn when I put the top down. It is quite comfortable, great pick-up and great build quality. I previously owned a 2004 BMW Z4 and, believe it or not, like this car much better. I looked at the Z4 again, but this car offered so much more for 12,000 less!

Love it, love, it, love it
By Girl Racer on 05/05/08 05:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Until a few weeks before I purchased the car, I even didn't know about the car nor seen before. I fell in love with the car right away. It's such a cute car. I get a lot of attention on the road. I really enjoy it. Small car with a lot of power and charm.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.