2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:
About the roof seals
By eoslover on 02/14/09 07:33 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I hate to see all the bad reviews about the roof leaks. Since Edmunds doesn't allow posting links in reviews if you google "solve eos roof seal leaks" you will find an excellent article on keeping this car from leaking. I did a lot of research on this car before I purchased it and bought it once I read this article and knew the roof would likely not be a problem. Unfortunately, most VW dealers don't seem to stock the Krytox or know anything about this process. That said, overall this car has been great and fun for 12,000 miles. I get a solid 27 mpg with 50/50 highway/city driving. Highway yields over 30 mpg. Drove 2 hours through wicked slippery icy snow as well as can be expected for 2WD.

Leaks and radio problems
By docbob on 12/02/08 08:28 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Absolutely do not buy this car. There are at least two inherent design flaws that will make the car unacceptable. 1. When you remove your key from the ignition the window drops slightly to let you out. When it is raining the rain follows the track of the roof into the car along the seal and actually POURS into your lap before you can move. You get rained on in the car! 2. The radio antenna is in the trunk. Not on top of the trunk or up front but inside so radio stations do not hold, satellite reception comes and goes abruptly and am is an almost total wash out of static. I addressed both these issues and some others with the dealership and was informed there is nothing they can do.

it's all in the roof
By ripped off on 11/24/08 19:29 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Volkswagen put all of their dollars in the roof and put almost nothing in interior finish. My car listed at $34,000 and the leather in the seat ends at the piping on the side of the seat. I'm not even sure it's leather! The passenger seat has NO electronic controls. And there is no place to put my sunglasses. It's just poorly thought out. I can see paying a premium for the hardtop convertible roof, but give me some place to store my sunglasses. I should have paid attention to the things I thought a 'great car' would offer as standard.

How much fun can a car be?
By ALAN on 10/03/08 19:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted a 4 season car, so the hard top convertible fit the bill. Weather protection and great security. I test drove the BMW 3-series and the Volvo C70 drop tops, and for pure fun this is the car! You get an integrated sunroof plus can you beat keeping the extra $10,000 in the bank? The 2.0 L turbo is quiet and powerful, and the DSL transmission is so smooth. The flip-up windbreaker is included (not an expensive accessory) and much appreciated so you can enjoy even slightly cool days.

I love my 2009
By Cindy on 09/10/08 06:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased a 2009 EOS. Have only had it for 5 days. I love it already. It gets lots of stares. The sunroof makes all the difference in the world. I have a new 2009 color, not sure what it is call but it sometimes looks gold sometimes silver-just beautiful. I have owned 5 vans and an SUV. I am truly in heaven. Test drive one, you won't be sorry. (I lie and tell people I bought if for fuel economy...)

I love this car!
By I love this car on 07/30/08 18:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is fun, fun, fun! I have only had it a week and I can't remember loving any car this much. After purchasing my new Eos I left the dealer with the top down (of course!). I only got about five miles before some guy drove up and yelled, "Nice car!" to me. My daughter is seriously impressed and she has a new BMW 3 series!

The best
By cc3323 on 06/18/08 17:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This VW is the best. I traded in a convertible beetle for something with a little bit more power and boy did I get it. The hard top is fun to use and the car drives great. Gas mileage is a plus also. The only down side is the use of premium gas, but it is worth it for the power.

Quality and fun for the price
By Matthew on 01/01/08 10:31 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is a blast, love the six speed manual. Window snug up feature sticks in cold weather and can be a pain during frezing rain trying to warm up the vehicle as the interior gets wet. I test drove the BMW 3 convertible and was sold on the Eos due to the year round drivability and the difference of 12k in price for less features than the Eos. I got the iPod adaptor and 17 inch wheels, both worth the upgrade charge. Needs blue tooth capability and HD radio, cruise control is hard to see while driving making it hard to use. But I do love this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.