Used 2008 Volkswagen Eos Komfort Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

About the roof seals
By eoslover

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I hate to see all the bad reviews about the roof leaks. Since Edmunds doesn't allow posting links in reviews if you google "solve eos roof seal leaks" you will find an excellent article on keeping this car from leaking. I did a lot of research on this car before I purchased it and bought it once I read this article and knew the roof would likely not be a problem. Unfortunately, most VW dealers don't seem to stock the Krytox or know anything about this process. That said, overall this car has been great and fun for 12,000 miles. I get a solid 27 mpg with 50/50 highway/city driving. Highway yields over 30 mpg. Drove 2 hours through wicked slippery icy snow as well as can be expected for 2WD.

Favorite Features

The top of course! That's why I bought it. The added bonus of the sun roof is priceless. Lack of drip caps come with the convertible territory. It's a trade off. This car gets the looks everywhere I go, especially with the top down.

Suggested Improvements

Minor complaints are balanced by the overall good quality. Gas door didn't want to close once in extreme frigid temps. Windows drop when door opens - this is a small problem when covered in ice. Maybe not the best car for high ice/snow areas but no complaints once things thaw.

Leaks and radio problems
By docbob

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Absolutely do not buy this car. There are at least two inherent design flaws that will make the car unacceptable. 1. When you remove your key from the ignition the window drops slightly to let you out. When it is raining the rain follows the track of the roof into the car along the seal and actually POURS into your lap before you can move. You get rained on in the car! 2. The radio antenna is in the trunk. Not on top of the trunk or up front but inside so radio stations do not hold, satellite reception comes and goes abruptly and am is an almost total wash out of static. I addressed both these issues and some others with the dealership and was informed there is nothing they can do.

Favorite Features

Hardtop convertible

Suggested Improvements

Prevent rain from entering. Put radio antenna where it will work. Fix issue with windows not always going back up when you shut the door

it's all in the roof
By ripped off

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Volkswagen put all of their dollars in the roof and put almost nothing in interior finish. My car listed at $34,000 and the leather in the seat ends at the piping on the side of the seat. I'm not even sure it's leather! The passenger seat has NO electronic controls. And there is no place to put my sunglasses. It's just poorly thought out. I can see paying a premium for the hardtop convertible roof, but give me some place to store my sunglasses. I should have paid attention to the things I thought a 'great car' would offer as standard.

Favorite Features

hardtop right side gas tank makes it easy to get a spot in line.

Suggested Improvements

if you are going to charge a premium for what is at the low end of the VW/Audi/Porsche family, give it some thought!

How much fun can a car be?
By ALAN

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted a 4 season car, so the hard top convertible fit the bill. Weather protection and great security. I test drove the BMW 3-series and the Volvo C70 drop tops, and for pure fun this is the car! You get an integrated sunroof plus can you beat keeping the extra $10,000 in the bank? The 2.0 L turbo is quiet and powerful, and the DSL transmission is so smooth. The flip-up windbreaker is included (not an expensive accessory) and much appreciated so you can enjoy even slightly cool days.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, comfortable seats, transmission, quiet and powerful turbo, reliable roof operation, radio. Front- end steering control is excellent and the turning radius is tight. Braking is competent and quiet. Ride is fairly quiet with the top down.

I love my 2009
By Cindy

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased a 2009 EOS. Have only had it for 5 days. I love it already. It gets lots of stares. The sunroof makes all the difference in the world. I have a new 2009 color, not sure what it is call but it sometimes looks gold sometimes silver-just beautiful. I have owned 5 vans and an SUV. I am truly in heaven. Test drive one, you won't be sorry. (I lie and tell people I bought if for fuel economy...)

Favorite Features

sunroof/convertible

Suggested Improvements

the seats could be a little easier to move when someone gets in the back