Used 2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Fun with reliability
By John Campbell

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This 2008 VW EOS has been a great car. I have 93000 miles without any major problems. Never a leak and always starts. this has been a great car to drive. With the top down I have space for two large suitcases and two carry bags in the truck. I put a cooler in the back seat and go! Touring the freeway is great fun. Exploring many states has been trouble free. I do plan to keep this car for many years to come. A bit pricy when I purchased this car, but has been very reliable. I made a great choice.

Goodbye Sweet "Happy"
By Ms. Revenew

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

When we first met you we were skeptical because we didnt believe you could be so cute, reliable, technically sound, fuel efficient, zippy and safe. We thought "surely there is a catch and why has this car had three owners in four years? What's going to fall apart on it?" We were looking for a good car for our teen and something fun for us parents to drive on the weekends. You had 35K miles and not a scratch on your candy apple red body. Your white interior was a bit weathered, but you matched our family. Do you remember that first test drive? We watched in awe as your German engineered top beautifully folded down into itself and tucked snugly in the trunk. Then we got on the road, just our little family. We turned on the radio and you started playing "because Im Happy, clap along if you know that happiness is the truth.". The truth is our family needed a little bit of happy. So, after discussion, we excitedly took you home. All of the neighbors oohed and ahhed. We took you everywhere and every time we got in, we were indeed Happy. Even in the winter, you held your own on Colorado roads. Your heated seats and heater worked great. Truthfully, though, you could have had brighter head beams, but we'll forgive you for that. You helped teach our daughter to drive and gave her a pal she was proud of and took beautiful care of. So, how cruel that only 18 months after you joined our family, a teen boy who was driving a Chevy Avalanche and texting rammed into the back of you at 20 miles an hour while you were stopped in traffic. He hit you with such force that you flew into the pick-up in front of you and you did exactly what you were built to do; you crunched up and took the impact in your front and protected the driving cage, never crushing into our teen daughter's body. She walked away with some bruised ribs from your straps and a bit of whiplash. You were pronounced totaled at the scene. But I'll never forget arriving at the scene and seeing those two huge pick-ups --one at your front and one at your rear-- with barely a scratch and our poor Happy in the middle -- crunched in front and dented in back taking the brunt of the impact for the 3-car accident...and our daughter, crying, but walking toward me. Thank you, Happy. RIP. We will always love you and miss you.

Great Car
By timinwi

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I traded my Buick LaCrosse for this car because I wanted a convertible; so it was quite the change for me but I've really enjoyed driving my EOS. It is not really a sporty car in the sense that it can take tight curves at high speed like say, a Mazda Miata, but more like a sporty cruiser. No mechanical issues to speak of yet, so maybe I have lucked out compared to some of the other reviews written here. I chose a mechanic who is independent and focuses totally on foreign cars and the car checked out well. I think this car is a great value for what you get especially the moving hardtop which are typically on higher priced vehicles.

Hard top - don't have to worry about vandalism, sporty cruiser feel, acceleration (from starting and passing), interior, ergonomics of controls - simple and not distracting.

Leather seating could be a little thicker with more cushion - kind of hard especially on bumps. Can't think of anything else. Time will see how reliable the car turns out to be.

Love driving the car but would not buy another
By sordway

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought this car brand new & have had to many problems to list.I used to own VW's and always loved them along with the service. Their service and reliability is nothing like it used to be.I have taken my car to 2 different dealers and both gave horrible service. My car has been in the shop so many times I should be able to call it a lemon, but because they would take to long to find the issues that never happened. This month alone it has been in the shop 3 times and they cannot figure out the electrical issues or a clunking noise. I have had to take it in for leaks 5 times so far. Wish I had more room to tell all problems roof,electrical,stereo, trunk,tranmission, etc

With the horrible review you would think that I don't like the car, but I actually love it. not worth the money and would not buy another though. just because reliability and service is so bad. I love the fact that it is a cross between sport and luxury. a little of both worlds. when it is not having problems it has fantastic handling and is so much fun. very comfortable to drive and the back seat is a decent size. The trunk is very spacious even when the top is down. I live in a small town and ended up getting many others to look at vw's and buy them. I used to love being the only one on the road with this car but now there are several more.

reliability, service don't charge for an upgraded stereo system and then put in a piece of crap. I could get a better stereo in a 15k car. state the correct miles per gallon my car has never gotten near what it is supposed to, but yet the service people just said oh well

DO NOT BUY VW
By minimono00

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought the 2008 Lux Eos. I enjoyed driving my car for about three years until I started having rook leaking issues. At that time I started to deal with the dealer on a consistent basis and have never have such poor service with a car company before. I brought in my car a total of 4 times and i still had issues with leaking after that. I couldnt believe a 3 year old car would be so difficult for the dealer to fix. Additionally their corporate representatives were miserable to work with. They were not courteous or willing to help beyond telling me to continually bring my car back to the dealer. Its unfortunate that I spent so much on a vehicle and was treated so poorly. I had heard b

• SUV