Used 2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Fun with reliability
By John Campbell

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This 2008 VW EOS has been a great car. I have 93000 miles without any major problems. Never a leak and always starts. this has been a great car to drive. With the top down I have space for two large suitcases and two carry bags in the truck. I put a cooler in the back seat and go! Touring the freeway is great fun. Exploring many states has been trouble free. I do plan to keep this car for many years to come. A bit pricy when I purchased this car, but has been very reliable. I made a great choice.

Vw EOS Feeling the wind in my hair!
By Gary Gladwell

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

So much fun! Convertible opens & closes with ease, at the push of a button! Heated seats and satellite radio were both unexpected pleasures!

great then ok then bad
By beth

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

the car was great in the beginning! it was wonderful. one thing that I didn't like that was not a big deal, it always leaked when it rained or washed my car. the windshield always fogged up really bad at night. It would often jump because the ignition coils went bad really often. and just the other day, my whole front of my car caught fire and now it is totaled

Goodbye Sweet "Happy"
By Ms. Revenew

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

When we first met you we were skeptical because we didnt believe you could be so cute, reliable, technically sound, fuel efficient, zippy and safe. We thought "surely there is a catch and why has this car had three owners in four years? What's going to fall apart on it?" We were looking for a good car for our teen and something fun for us parents to drive on the weekends. You had 35K miles and not a scratch on your candy apple red body. Your white interior was a bit weathered, but you matched our family. Do you remember that first test drive? We watched in awe as your German engineered top beautifully folded down into itself and tucked snugly in the trunk. Then we got on the road, just our little family. We turned on the radio and you started playing "because Im Happy, clap along if you know that happiness is the truth.". The truth is our family needed a little bit of happy. So, after discussion, we excitedly took you home. All of the neighbors oohed and ahhed. We took you everywhere and every time we got in, we were indeed Happy. Even in the winter, you held your own on Colorado roads. Your heated seats and heater worked great. Truthfully, though, you could have had brighter head beams, but we'll forgive you for that. You helped teach our daughter to drive and gave her a pal she was proud of and took beautiful care of. So, how cruel that only 18 months after you joined our family, a teen boy who was driving a Chevy Avalanche and texting rammed into the back of you at 20 miles an hour while you were stopped in traffic. He hit you with such force that you flew into the pick-up in front of you and you did exactly what you were built to do; you crunched up and took the impact in your front and protected the driving cage, never crushing into our teen daughter's body. She walked away with some bruised ribs from your straps and a bit of whiplash. You were pronounced totaled at the scene. But I'll never forget arriving at the scene and seeing those two huge pick-ups --one at your front and one at your rear-- with barely a scratch and our poor Happy in the middle -- crunched in front and dented in back taking the brunt of the impact for the 3-car accident...and our daughter, crying, but walking toward me. Thank you, Happy. RIP. We will always love you and miss you.

Who knew VW had a 10 year warranty on the paint
By Andy

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Let me tell you that VW has a transferable body paint warranty that can be used to buff out scratches and winterize the car's exterior paint job (this is great in Ohio winters.) This EOS has not given me much problems and has never left me stranded. I bought the car used in March 2013 and aside from one issue (the panel on the hard top not opening all the way) I have never had to bring the EOS to the shop. Oil changes every 5,000 miles. The top is so versatile and fun to drive. I have gotten as high as 35 MPG when I used 93 octane gas. Average about 27-30 MPG per tank. This car is great! All the features still work, but the roof is squeaky. To solve that problem I have ordered Krytox from amazon, albeit expensive I will lubricate the seals this fall.

• SUV