Used 2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Great Car
By timinwi

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I traded my Buick LaCrosse for this car because I wanted a convertible; so it was quite the change for me but I've really enjoyed driving my EOS. It is not really a sporty car in the sense that it can take tight curves at high speed like say, a Mazda Miata, but more like a sporty cruiser. No mechanical issues to speak of yet, so maybe I have lucked out compared to some of the other reviews written here. I chose a mechanic who is independent and focuses totally on foreign cars and the car checked out well. I think this car is a great value for what you get especially the moving hardtop which are typically on higher priced vehicles.

Hard top - don't have to worry about vandalism, sporty cruiser feel, acceleration (from starting and passing), interior, ergonomics of controls - simple and not distracting.

Leather seating could be a little thicker with more cushion - kind of hard especially on bumps. Can't think of anything else. Time will see how reliable the car turns out to be.

Love driving the car but would not buy another
By sordway

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought this car brand new & have had to many problems to list.I used to own VW's and always loved them along with the service. Their service and reliability is nothing like it used to be.I have taken my car to 2 different dealers and both gave horrible service. My car has been in the shop so many times I should be able to call it a lemon, but because they would take to long to find the issues that never happened. This month alone it has been in the shop 3 times and they cannot figure out the electrical issues or a clunking noise. I have had to take it in for leaks 5 times so far. Wish I had more room to tell all problems roof,electrical,stereo, trunk,tranmission, etc

With the horrible review you would think that I don't like the car, but I actually love it. not worth the money and would not buy another though. just because reliability and service is so bad. I love the fact that it is a cross between sport and luxury. a little of both worlds. when it is not having problems it has fantastic handling and is so much fun. very comfortable to drive and the back seat is a decent size. The trunk is very spacious even when the top is down. I live in a small town and ended up getting many others to look at vw's and buy them. I used to love being the only one on the road with this car but now there are several more.

reliability, service don't charge for an upgraded stereo system and then put in a piece of crap. I could get a better stereo in a 15k car. state the correct miles per gallon my car has never gotten near what it is supposed to, but yet the service people just said oh well

DO NOT BUY VW
By minimono00

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought the 2008 Lux Eos. I enjoyed driving my car for about three years until I started having rook leaking issues. At that time I started to deal with the dealer on a consistent basis and have never have such poor service with a car company before. I brought in my car a total of 4 times and i still had issues with leaking after that. I couldnt believe a 3 year old car would be so difficult for the dealer to fix. Additionally their corporate representatives were miserable to work with. They were not courteous or willing to help beyond telling me to continually bring my car back to the dealer. Its unfortunate that I spent so much on a vehicle and was treated so poorly. I had heard b

turbo seals cause oil consumption
By hipster1

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

All these reviews are right about the roof leaking. And the oil consumption is because the turbo seals are defective. They know about about it, but I guess not bad enough for a recall. And the oil light doesnt even come on when your engine is 31/2 qts low! If you wait 5000K miles u r screwed because there is no oil left. And they can never fix the leaks. Had the car in so many times I gave up.

Simply The Best
By sapphirexae

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I am so saddened by the negative reviews I see on here concerning the EOS. I have had nothing but 100% reliable service and miles of fun drives! Ok, it is a car that requires 'special' maintenance (ie: the roof seals) but it says that CLEARLY in the owner's manual! If you don't read the book, you shouldn't be surprised at these things. I lubricate my seals as per VW and have never had an issue! Basically, my EOS has never given us an once of trouble. I have never owned a hardtop car and have owned over 60 convertibles, this is by far the best thought out one I have ever seen / owned! If you are considering one, DO IT! You won't regret it!

The Moonroof built into the convertible top. The comfortableness, the reliability. The interior look like a much more expensive car and the features are outstanding!!

None of these are big deals, but since you asked. I wish the multi-function steering wheel buttons could also move through CD tracks, not just volume control & mute. Memory settings for the power seats would also be a nice thing to have.