2008 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:
Great Car
By timinwi on 12/28/12 10:00 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I traded my Buick LaCrosse for this car because I wanted a convertible; so it was quite the change for me but I've really enjoyed driving my EOS. It is not really a sporty car in the sense that it can take tight curves at high speed like say, a Mazda Miata, but more like a sporty cruiser. No mechanical issues to speak of yet, so maybe I have lucked out compared to some of the other reviews written here. I chose a mechanic who is independent and focuses totally on foreign cars and the car checked out well. I think this car is a great value for what you get especially the moving hardtop which are typically on higher priced vehicles.

Love driving the car but would not buy another
By sordway on 10/23/12 11:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought this car brand new & have had to many problems to list.I used to own VW's and always loved them along with the service. Their service and reliability is nothing like it used to be.I have taken my car to 2 different dealers and both gave horrible service. My car has been in the shop so many times I should be able to call it a lemon, but because they would take to long to find the issues that never happened. This month alone it has been in the shop 3 times and they cannot figure out the electrical issues or a clunking noise. I have had to take it in for leaks 5 times so far. Wish I had more room to tell all problems roof,electrical,stereo, trunk,tranmission, etc

DO NOT BUY VW
By minimono00 on 12/13/11 08:49 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought the 2008 Lux Eos. I enjoyed driving my car for about three years until I started having rook leaking issues. At that time I started to deal with the dealer on a consistent basis and have never have such poor service with a car company before. I brought in my car a total of 4 times and i still had issues with leaking after that. I couldnt believe a 3 year old car would be so difficult for the dealer to fix. Additionally their corporate representatives were miserable to work with. They were not courteous or willing to help beyond telling me to continually bring my car back to the dealer. Its unfortunate that I spent so much on a vehicle and was treated so poorly. I had heard b

turbo seals cause oil consumption
By hipster1 on 03/22/11 17:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

All these reviews are right about the roof leaking. And the oil consumption is because the turbo seals are defective. They know about about it, but I guess not bad enough for a recall. And the oil light doesnt even come on when your engine is 31/2 qts low! If you wait 5000K miles u r screwed because there is no oil left. And they can never fix the leaks. Had the car in so many times I gave up.

Simply The Best
By sapphirexae on 07/08/10 15:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I am so saddened by the negative reviews I see on here concerning the EOS. I have had nothing but 100% reliable service and miles of fun drives! Ok, it is a car that requires 'special' maintenance (ie: the roof seals) but it says that CLEARLY in the owner's manual! If you don't read the book, you shouldn't be surprised at these things. I lubricate my seals as per VW and have never had an issue! Basically, my EOS has never given us an once of trouble. I have never owned a hardtop car and have owned over 60 convertibles, this is by far the best thought out one I have ever seen / owned! If you are considering one, DO IT! You won't regret it!

Simply The Best
By sapphirexae on 07/02/10 09:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I sure have read my fair share of scathing EOS reviews here. I am happy to report that for three years, my EOS hasn't had one single issue! No oil issues, no power window issues, not one leak. It has been flawless! It is dead quiet (no rattles or squeaks). The design is stunning and the interior trumps my BMW! Every day my love grows and grows for this amazing car. I don't even know if the word "car" is appropriate. Perhaps 'heaven on wheels' works better.

Very Happy Customer
By Stubman on 02/06/10 14:45 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Style, reliability, great mileage and a top that disappears under 30 seconds without leaving the car are just a few reasons I love my EOS. Getting 33 mpg on the highway was a pleasant surprise. Press the gas and this beauty will fly. When the top is down people are always questioning me on what kind of car I drive. One elderly man told me it did not look like the VW's we was use to in the 60's. Even in the dead of winter I stay toasty warm and dry. This car is tight. Nothing seems to ever go wrong. My main problem is I find myself looking for an excuse to "go out for a spin". Very high quality throughout. Thank You VW.

Faulty Engine and Transmission
By Tallihessn on 10/19/09 08:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Buyer beware, the EOS is a faulty model. The 2008 EOS has engine and transmission problems, and VW is hush hush about the problems, with internal bulletins that they do not share with the customer until many "tests" and until the consumer brings it in again and again. This car has serious issues, do not get it. I have had five rental cars since June 09. The problems started with evaporating oil and bringing it in for early oil changes. Then, jumping gears. New seals and the mechatronic repairs did not work. Needs a New engine and who knows what else. BEWARE

Transmission Nightmare!
By R Ives on 08/31/09 06:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I loved this car when I first purchased it. At about 500 miles, the transmission started to buck and loose power accelerating into traffic. Dealer could not find the problem. The problems started getting worse until it was jerking an shaking when backing or proceeding slowly. After numerous complaints they finally replaced the Mechtronic unit. That fixed it for about another 100 miles. Now it's starting all over again. I've had 3 situations where the car lost transmission power while proceeding into traffic. I wouldn't recommend the automatic to anyone.

I Love My Eos
By danerice on 07/24/09 20:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I got my Eos in May 2008 and 14 months later, I still smile every time I get behind the wheel! The hardtop/sunroof/convertible roof is brilliant. I get stares and smiles while putting the roof up on a regular basis. With the same 2.0 Turbo engine as the GTI, the car is peppy and fast. The 17-inch wheels are sporty and sharp. The leather and walnut interior is reminiscent of a car much higher priced. The upgraded Dynaudio stereo system rocks. The Ipod adpapter and navigation system would have been nice! My only complaints are the top-up styling isn't as slick as some other competitors, and interior noise can be an issue. Overall, this car is a blast and I would recommend it to anyone!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.