Used 2008 Volkswagen Eos Turbo Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Vw EOS Feeling the wind in my hair!
By Gary Gladwell

2008 Volkswagen Eos Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

So much fun! Convertible opens & closes with ease, at the push of a button! Heated seats and satellite radio were both unexpected pleasures!

Who knew VW had a 10 year warranty on the paint
By Andy

2008 Volkswagen Eos Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Let me tell you that VW has a transferable body paint warranty that can be used to buff out scratches and winterize the car's exterior paint job (this is great in Ohio winters.) This EOS has not given me much problems and has never left me stranded. I bought the car used in March 2013 and aside from one issue (the panel on the hard top not opening all the way) I have never had to bring the EOS to the shop. Oil changes every 5,000 miles. The top is so versatile and fun to drive. I have gotten as high as 35 MPG when I used 93 octane gas. Average about 27-30 MPG per tank. This car is great! All the features still work, but the roof is squeaky. To solve that problem I have ordered Krytox from amazon, albeit expensive I will lubricate the seals this fall.

awesome first car
By ianm1997

2008 Volkswagen Eos Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

i purchased this used this year as my first car. before this i as driving my moms 2011 toyota highlander. the reason i bought this is because my best friend's mom owns one and she let me test drive it. it is defiantly a head turner. it goes fast, is pretty good on gas, and so much fun to drive. my only complaint is that it doesn't have a touch screen radio.

hard top convertible, pop up key

needs touch screen radio.

Interior/Build Problems
By TyAlyson

2008 Volkswagen Eos Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Although my 2008 EOS is fun to drive and is reliable in ride/drive, I'm very upset about the constant attention my interior mechanisms need. The emergency brake sleeve was not attached at purchase, sunroof was lubricated for squeak noise, leak repaired on driverside A Pillar, driverside seatbelt keeps twisting inside panel (dealer fixed once but refuse to fix under warranty in future), passenger seat sliding mechanism doesn't work when seat is pushed forward for passenger access (dealer refuses to fix under warranty), passenger side seat recliner knob broke off due to poor design (dealer refuses to fix under warranty), LCD monitor fades on left side when temps reach 100+ degrees...

I love the seat warmers, gas mileage, exterior and interior look, its zip and drive, engine reputation, and it is a cute care!

Some interior mechanisms are poorly designed and fall apart easily. The poor design/placement of equipment causes wear & tear on other features which causes malfunction of parts. It is not the customer's fault!

Don't Buy One
By Eos

2008 Volkswagen Eos Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my eos since jan 2007 and have had a lot of problems that the dealer has not been able to fix. The first was a leaky drivers side window. Which still leaks but not as much as it use to. Then it was the car bucking on acceleration, still have that problem. Everyone that gets in my car feels whip lash and tell me to get my money back if the dealer says they can not fix it. Now winter problems are Frost on the inside of the front and back windshield.. Yes inside the car... And if it not cold enough for Frost I will get condensation on the same front and back windshield. I have to take a credit card to scrap the inside Windows on a brand new car.

Hard top convertible

Leaky Windows, bucking on acceleration and Frost on the inside of car front and back windshield. Something is wrong with the seal of the convertibles.