2008 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:
Wish I hadn't...
By the1lion on 02/16/14 16:15 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

At first we loved the car but there's been way too many build quality issues to be accepted - it's like we bought a first year Kia. We had to replace the passenger window motor, but in doing so the interior material starting coming up from the door and the dealer said it was due to the sun drying up the adhesive. Then we had another place look at it and they said when the door panel was put back on it was incorrect and pointed out the broken sections. We took it back to the dealer and they replaced it again saying the problem was the rail that held it in place became loose because the adhesive - again. Recently the sun visor came out on the drivers side - literally came out of the roof.

Very Disappointed
By dbrockner on 06/07/13 13:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I can not believe that with all the scathing reviews of this car that it still has a four star overall rating. I bought an 2008 EOS lux 2.0 for my wife 2 years ago. I have lost track of how many times it has been in the shop. Multiple issues, many top leaks, and still leaking, I just have up. The top broke 2 times, it burns oil at more than a quart every 1000 miles, which VW says is acceptable. I bought the car with 32K miles it now has 44K miles two years later, we hate the car and are upside down on it so I can not trade out. The dealership, VW of South Charlotte, is horrid. The service writers will charge you to death if you do not watch carefully. The customer care is worse.

Great Car
By timinwi on 12/28/12 10:00 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I traded my Buick LaCrosse for this car because I wanted a convertible; so it was quite the change for me but I've really enjoyed driving my EOS. It is not really a sporty car in the sense that it can take tight curves at high speed like say, a Mazda Miata, but more like a sporty cruiser. No mechanical issues to speak of yet, so maybe I have lucked out compared to some of the other reviews written here. I chose a mechanic who is independent and focuses totally on foreign cars and the car checked out well. I think this car is a great value for what you get especially the moving hardtop which are typically on higher priced vehicles.

What a disappointment!
By grinchy on 12/14/12 11:36 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This was my dream car, which quickly became a nightmare. The convertible operation would freeze mid transition, I take it in for service and of course they "can not duplicate the problem". The very next day I take pictures proving that it is stuck, then they miraculously they can find the problem and fix it. Now, it leaks. It burns oil- im told this is normal, and i have to add 1qt per 100 miles. Really?! My transmission was not smooth, or shifting properly, as well- this is normal. After 3 visits, they finally duplicate the problem, AFTER they crash it on a road test. My car was in service for 1 month, and the issues still persist.

Love driving the car but would not buy another
By sordway on 10/23/12 11:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought this car brand new & have had to many problems to list.I used to own VW's and always loved them along with the service. Their service and reliability is nothing like it used to be.I have taken my car to 2 different dealers and both gave horrible service. My car has been in the shop so many times I should be able to call it a lemon, but because they would take to long to find the issues that never happened. This month alone it has been in the shop 3 times and they cannot figure out the electrical issues or a clunking noise. I have had to take it in for leaks 5 times so far. Wish I had more room to tell all problems roof,electrical,stereo, trunk,tranmission, etc

DO NOT BUY VW
By minimono00 on 12/13/11 08:49 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought the 2008 Lux Eos. I enjoyed driving my car for about three years until I started having rook leaking issues. At that time I started to deal with the dealer on a consistent basis and have never have such poor service with a car company before. I brought in my car a total of 4 times and i still had issues with leaking after that. I couldnt believe a 3 year old car would be so difficult for the dealer to fix. Additionally their corporate representatives were miserable to work with. They were not courteous or willing to help beyond telling me to continually bring my car back to the dealer. Its unfortunate that I spent so much on a vehicle and was treated so poorly. I had heard b

AWESOME
By khuckabee on 07/02/11 14:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We have been looking at these cars for quite some time. I recently bought an 09 with low miles. The car lot gave me the story that some little old lady drove the car and just traded it in on a new one. I believe they tell that story to all buyers. I found an old insurance card in the car and found a number for the name on the card. When I called, it was an old lady and she was very nice. She loved the car and the only reason to get rid of it was she traded in on a brand new one that was the exact same model and color. She said no problems with leaks or oil and it was very dependable. I bought the car for my 17 year old daughter and I really like it.

turbo seals cause oil consumption
By hipster1 on 03/22/11 17:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

All these reviews are right about the roof leaking. And the oil consumption is because the turbo seals are defective. They know about about it, but I guess not bad enough for a recall. And the oil light doesnt even come on when your engine is 31/2 qts low! If you wait 5000K miles u r screwed because there is no oil left. And they can never fix the leaks. Had the car in so many times I gave up.

18 Times and still counting
By texlittlebear on 03/22/11 08:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

So the public will know my 2008 Eos has been in the shop 18 times and I did buy it new. This is not encluding the 2 times the dealership wrecked my car. VWOA will do nothing and in your hand bood it tells you to go through the BBB so that is what I am doing. I love my car but this is just to much for me. I think if you are having problem with your Eos let it be heard.

dont buy an eos
By apbtkid on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought a brand new (08) EOS and all I've had is problems!!! I will never buy a VW ever again. VW's oil consumption standards are so low stating that it is "allowable" and "acceptable" for my EOS to burn through .5 quarts every 600 miles (4 qts per 4800) and until it exceeds that, VW and the dealer won't repair or address this issue. My car holds 4.9 quarts of oil, that means that if I were to wait the reccommended 5000 miles in between oil changes my car would be nearly out of oil. It has ran out of oil twice so far and unless I keep oil in the trunk and keep adding it it will continue to burn through oil like crazy. I Never buy a VW!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.