Used 2008 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Who knew VW had a 10 year warranty on the paint
By Andy

2008 Volkswagen Eos Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Let me tell you that VW has a transferable body paint warranty that can be used to buff out scratches and winterize the car's exterior paint job (this is great in Ohio winters.) This EOS has not given me much problems and has never left me stranded. I bought the car used in March 2013 and aside from one issue (the panel on the hard top not opening all the way) I have never had to bring the EOS to the shop. Oil changes every 5,000 miles. The top is so versatile and fun to drive. I have gotten as high as 35 MPG when I used 93 octane gas. Average about 27-30 MPG per tank. This car is great! All the features still work, but the roof is squeaky. To solve that problem I have ordered Krytox from amazon, albeit expensive I will lubricate the seals this fall.

awesome first car
By ianm1997

2008 Volkswagen Eos Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

i purchased this used this year as my first car. before this i as driving my moms 2011 toyota highlander. the reason i bought this is because my best friend's mom owns one and she let me test drive it. it is defiantly a head turner. it goes fast, is pretty good on gas, and so much fun to drive. my only complaint is that it doesn't have a touch screen radio.

hard top convertible, pop up key

needs touch screen radio.

Wish I hadn't...
By the1lion

2008 Volkswagen Eos Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

At first we loved the car but there's been way too many build quality issues to be accepted - it's like we bought a first year Kia. We had to replace the passenger window motor, but in doing so the interior material starting coming up from the door and the dealer said it was due to the sun drying up the adhesive. Then we had another place look at it and they said when the door panel was put back on it was incorrect and pointed out the broken sections. We took it back to the dealer and they replaced it again saying the problem was the rail that held it in place became loose because the adhesive - again. Recently the sun visor came out on the drivers side - literally came out of the roof.

Drop top.

Just stop building junk cars. VW is a joke, I'd never buy another VW. I'm trying to convince my wife to trade this thing in - it's only just over 5 years since we bought it but I just have a feeling it's not going to last. My 2002 Rav4 that has over 100K miles on it I'd rather keep than this car. When we bought this, I sold a 1992 Dodge Stealth RT so I've had cars that last and I keep them up. This thing is a disaster on wheels. Even the oil seems to evaporate! Had it in for an oil change and was told the dipstick was bone dry! The dealership had just replaced the oil cap recently - guess it didn't help.

Very Disappointed
By dbrockner

2008 Volkswagen Eos Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I can not believe that with all the scathing reviews of this car that it still has a four star overall rating. I bought an 2008 EOS lux 2.0 for my wife 2 years ago. I have lost track of how many times it has been in the shop. Multiple issues, many top leaks, and still leaking, I just have up. The top broke 2 times, it burns oil at more than a quart every 1000 miles, which VW says is acceptable. I bought the car with 32K miles it now has 44K miles two years later, we hate the car and are upside down on it so I can not trade out. The dealership, VW of South Charlotte, is horrid. The service writers will charge you to death if you do not watch carefully. The customer care is worse.

None

Fix the leaking tops, the oil consumption, the lurchy transmission. And get a Customer Care dept that really cares. I will never ever ever buy another VW as long as I live and I will tell my story to anyone that wants to listen.

Great Car
By timinwi

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I traded my Buick LaCrosse for this car because I wanted a convertible; so it was quite the change for me but I've really enjoyed driving my EOS. It is not really a sporty car in the sense that it can take tight curves at high speed like say, a Mazda Miata, but more like a sporty cruiser. No mechanical issues to speak of yet, so maybe I have lucked out compared to some of the other reviews written here. I chose a mechanic who is independent and focuses totally on foreign cars and the car checked out well. I think this car is a great value for what you get especially the moving hardtop which are typically on higher priced vehicles.

Hard top - don't have to worry about vandalism, sporty cruiser feel, acceleration (from starting and passing), interior, ergonomics of controls - simple and not distracting.

Leather seating could be a little thicker with more cushion - kind of hard especially on bumps. Can't think of anything else. Time will see how reliable the car turns out to be.