Used 2008 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

2008 Volkswagen Eos

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Still a fun and economical ride
By Endless Sky

2008 Volkswagen Eos VR6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Own a 2008 VR6 model for almost 5 years now. It did have a couple of annoying leaks that I fixed. Thank goodness for vweosclub.com! No mechanical problems what so ever though. I did replace the battery(s). Note that the V6 model has 2 x 6V batteries in the trunk. To me, it's not a fast car off the line with the excessive torque and being front wheel drive. Beyond that, acceleration is decent, especially in sport mode. Fuel economy is great, as long as you're not in sport mode. However, let me tell you that the DSG transmission in normal drive mode likes to up shift too soon to help fuel economy. You can already be in 6th gear driving at 33 mph!!! On the highway, that is fine with MPG averaging 25-28. For around town, I prefer to either put it in sport mode, or use the paddle shifters. And fuel economy can suffer greatly with average in the high teens. Regardless, it's fun driving all year round. WIth the panoramic sunroof, I can have a warm car any time of the year. Too cold out? Keep the roof closed, and the sun will heat the car. Too hot out? Close the panoramic roof cover, and roll the windows down (or use AC). Temperature between 75-90? Put the top down! Hoping to enjoy for a few more years.

Rolled Mine Not a Scratch
By Rolled and alive

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Owning a convertible you always worry about rolling the car....what if??? Well my husband did and he is alive and well without a scratch! The roll over protection is AWESOME! OK that being said I did have issues with the top sticking when closing and the turbo gaskets needed repaired around 90k Miles. There was an electrical issue that caused the windows to spaz when it rained but the car was also 8 years old! I would take it back in a hot minute!

New EOS Owner
By Sharon davenport

2008 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Owned it a month, In the shop three time for minor repairs.

Been a great car I never regret buying.
By John Campbell

2008 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This 2008 VW EOS has been a great car. I have 939000 miles without any major problems. Never a leak and always starts. this has been a great car to drive. With the top down I have space for two large suitcases and two carry bags in the truck. I put a cooler in the back seat and go! Touring the freeway is great fun. Exploring many states has been trouble free. I do plan to keep this car for many years to come. A bit pricy when I purchased this car, but has been very reliable. I made a great choice.

Vw EOS Feeling the wind in my hair!
By Gary Gladwell

2008 Volkswagen Eos Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

So much fun! Convertible opens & closes with ease, at the push of a button! Heated seats and satellite radio were both unexpected pleasures!