They'll think your rich!
By copout on
2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
After having a 2005 PT Cruiser convertible and using it as a field vehicle, it was time for a "new car". My cruiser was mechanically sound but in pretty rough shape. With few convertible choices that a state worker can afford, I ran across a used EOS with a little over 20000 miles on the warranty left, yes the 07's had a 5000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. New ones do not. It's a silver essence with a black interior, the black interior is hard to find as most have the beige, for a less than tidy person do not get the beige. The hard roof system while opening makes the car look like a transformer and will get you lots of looks. After 1500 miles in 2 weeks, no problems. LOVE IT.
Favorite Features
Retractable hard top. Fit and finish. My "new" Eos is a blast to drive and has plenty of power with its over 4000 lbs. of weight. It seems like I'm getting about 30 MPG. The heated seats have come in handy even in Florida, I did not think I would need them, you do, its my favorite at this point.
Suggested Improvements
Upon take off beware of spinning tires and screeching! Driver window needs to move down a little when opening door. Rear view mirror is cheesy looking. Center console needs the ability to hold CD's. How about a change holder.