Still having fun!
By kudzu71 on
2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I bought my 2007 Eos Lux used three years ago and have never regretted it. I love the way it feels on the road and the interior looks great and it laid out very well. Considering the car is 5 years old I haven't really had any major problems with it. I had the timing belt done at 70K miles which is a bit early because it was in for a recall issue and they had the engine apart already. That saved me some $$$. Roof leaks often come up when talking about the Eos and I experienced them as well. I had a small leak at the A-pillars that turned out to be due to a disconnected drain. It was an easy fix and the car has been dry ever since.
Favorite Features
The retractable hard top is what sold me on the car. I had been looking at various used convertibles in my price range, all of them with soft tops. This is my first convertible and I really like that it feels like a coupe when top is up. I get a lot of comments on it. I may be alone in this but I love the chrome grille. The newer VW grilles are a bit too bland I think. The chrome really looks great. My favorite feature by far is that it has never left me stranded. The car runs like a dream and has never stalled or not started.
Suggested Improvements
The Eos has been discontinued so there is no real need to suggest improvements. I will say that when I do eventually decide to trade this car in I will most likely check out a used 2013 Eos before I look at anything else. Great car! I love driving it.