Got what I wanted
By bayesian on
2007 Volkswagen Eos 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)
I love the Eos. At 5'11/ 170#/ 32-33" inseam I fit fine, but if I were over about 6'1/ 34" or seriously overweight (rather than slightly) I'd be running out of room. Seat comfort, support, adjustability range is excellent; control layout mostly excellent. Not _that_ quiet with top up, but OK. Handling with Sport pkg (18") is excellent - ride is firm but not uncomfortable. The 3.2 (which I didn't particularly want, but it was the only way to get Eismeer blue with sport suspension; glad I did) is a rocket with the DSG in sport mode or manual control (in D mode, the DSG has substantial downshift lag; not sure why). Needs more interior storage. No leaks after one month/two rainstorm
Favorite Features
Moonroof makes it feel _far_ roomier with the top up than any other convertible I've tried. The diffuser screen works very well if I lower the seat almost all the way; no turbulence at all. Power retractable mirrors. Seat fore-and-aft switch on seat shoulder.
Suggested Improvements
Big: +2-3" of wheelbase so that it could comfortably carry three adults or two adults plus two bigger kids; worth extra weight and polar moment. Little: Key fob operation of top (liability?), adjustable pedals, wheel blocks speedo and tach at freeway speed - add digital spedo/tach at windshield?