Fun & versatile; but some flaws
By David on
2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
Good sporty drive feel but not a true sport car feel. Back seat big enough for 1 small adult. Great top; easy, quick, plus sunroof. Flaws: Poor traction or excessive torque on start up - front wheels easily spin. Bad tires (Goodyear Eagle LS-2) on my 17" wheels. Tires easily ruined by normal potholes (at $200 each)and have poor traction. I replaced mine with a different and vastly better brand for $175 each. Rough transmission with lag on acceleration and when automatically upshifting. Noticeable surge when transmission downshifts. Recall on my 2.0T engine which VW didn't inform me of and won't provide info on. Ugly exterior rear end. Cheap looking interior plastic wood.
Favorite Features
Driving with top down on warm nights. Interior lights. Putting 8 big bags of groceries in the trunk and still have room for the top down.
Suggested Improvements
Better brakes. Wheels and whole car shudders when braking hard. Better tires than Goodyear Eagle LS-2. Smoother automatic transmission shifts, and add some feel to the auto manual mode. It's not worth using with present design. Improve exterior rear end design.