2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual Consumer Review - Eos: Goddess of My Goddess

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Review

Eos: Goddess of My Goddess
By Ray on

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My wife wanted a convertible. We researched all the models out there and, having owned a couple BMWs, I figured the new 3 with the folding hardtop was a winner. She drove the Mercedes SLK350 and CLK 350, and the VW beat both out in terms of utility and features. The back seat is really functional for grown-ups and purses and packages. The trunk is large with the top up and decent with the top down. It takes up little garage space. And, not even close to broken in, we got 32 mpg on the last tank! (Break it in gently and you will be rewarded!) Excellent quality. Unique. Sweet! A great all-around car that happens to be a convertible!

Favorite Features

Build quality. We wanted the nauga seats with the wheel upgrade. Love 'em. Test drove the Sport package and didn't notice a difference in ride. Couldn't get the nauga seats without avoiding the sport/prem package. Base radio is awesome. Truly a sweet little car my wife has fallen in love with.

Suggested Improvements

Forget the high-end stereo. The base model is awesome. Turbo lag from start takes a little getting used to (light foot!!). Wife smoked tires a couple times on test drive. 6-spd auto shifts eagerly but early when cold. Absolutely superb when warm! Nice bass exhaust rumble coming to a stop (top down).