2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Consumer Reviews 9

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:
What a Car!
By jpn on 01/07/07 08:20 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I drove my Thunder Blue/Biege leather 2.0T out of showroom 12/31 and have already driven 1,000 miles. I use any excuse to drive a little more. Warm weather in NY has made it possible to drive with top down and it is awesome. With luxury package, I find more features than I had with my Audi A6. This car is beautiful, has a quality interior, and it has comfortable seats for a big guy. My teenage daughters actually think their dad is cool.

The Best Choice I've Made
By Prashanth on 01/02/07 12:18 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I drove a Honda before this and though I loved it, I was always dreaming of a convertible, and VW came out with a winner. I've had this car for three months now and haven't found anything bad about it. The handling is exceptional, while making turns and on bumpy roads. And it runs very much like a sports car. With the top down it's a complete adventure, and with the top up, it's dead quiet inside, as a regular coupe. This car is an out and out winner. Even though the price might seem a little upscale but I'd prefer this over a Mustang any day, which hardly holds its value after a couple of years. The Eos has given me complete satisfaction and a bang for the buck.

Loads of Fun - Great Value
By Old&Crazy on 12/30/06 06:23 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My Eos is optioned with the sports package, 18 inch wheels/Pirelli P-6's and 6 speed auto. It is great fun to drive. The cabin is quiet with the top up or down. It feels a bit quicker than the stated 0-60 times. It has a nice punch above 40 mph. It also has a nice balance between handling and ride. The handling dynamics are good enough to make the car fun, but not equal to BMW as some other reviewers have written. The engine/transmission set-up very responsive. The leather sports seats are well bolstered and very comfortable. I am taller and larger than average guy and the interior is very comfortable. I also looked at Volvo C70 and the VW is more fun and about $8,000 less expensive when optioned out. The Eos is a great car, great value, and loads of fun to drive.

I Love This Car!
By Janice Marie on 12/27/06 10:00 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my second VW. At first I was hesitant to buy the Eos since I love and miss the look of the Cabrio (my first VW), but it was time for a new car so I bought it. I love it! Even though I can't put the top down yet (purchased in Dec.) it is still so fun to drive with the top up, especially since it also has a sunroof! The car is beautiful all around and runs like a dream. The only thing I would change is to not have to continuously hold the button down to open the top. A one-touch opening would have been nice. But let me tell you, when it opens, it looks-as my 5 year old niece describes- like the Bat mobile! It is a great car and I would recommend it to those who really love convertibles.

Great Car
By EOS1 on 12/19/06 13:12 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is excellent. It is peppy and fun to drive. It is comfortable when pushed.

The Eos Stands Alone
By Phil on 12/18/06 00:39 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I just picked up my new black on black Eos two days ago, so these are just my initial impressions. I consider the exterior to be stately and not flashy. The versatility of the roof is unique and fun! The interior is impeccable and well thought out, although it could use a few more cubbyholes for sunglasses, phones, etc. The interior storage becomes limited, when you opt for the navigation system, which moves the 6 CD player from the dash to the center console between the front seats. The Eos is very quick and responsive once the turbo kicks in. There is a slight hesitation from a dead stop, but once the turbo kicks in, you're in for a great driving experience.

Takes Your Breath Away!
By red on 12/11/06 05:50 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I just purchased my Eos this weekend after thinking about it for several months. What a waste of time! I absolutely love this car. The Eos is well designed and rides like a sports car. Its suspension is better than the one of my previous BMW 330CI with the M-suspension. The Eos' 6-speed automatic transmission is outstanding and the shifters on the steering wheel are great...speeding tickets here I come. This car has is no rattling and no quality issues whatsoever. Open or close the top and you will be the talk of the town. It even has a sunroof in the convertible top - thats just the icing on the cake! Volkswagen really did some benchmarking and incorporated the best of its competitors' features. Did I mention I love the car?

Fun Car
By Steve on 12/05/06 11:13 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I got my Eos yesterday. It is the first 3.2 I could find in South Florida. I paid about $42,000 for it (MSRP) with bells/whistles. The top motion is as cool as reported. It's fun to drive; very responsive and has lots of umph. I did not test the 2.0 so can't compare to that. I got the Eismeer Blue which is much nicer looking than on my computer. I was gonna get the thunder or paprika but now love the Eismeer. It has a great stereo with Sirius on the premium audio option. Also, it has a sport pkg. and navigation pkg. This car is really an eye-catcher. The only other comparable car that's a hard top convertible 4 seater (this really can seat 4 adults not terribly uncomfortably) is a Volvo (and looks like a Volvo). I was pleased to grab this car as I had been looking for weeks and this was first that I have found.

Best Car Ever
By EosTRS on 11/30/06 16:09 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

If you want a fun, cheap and hot car, then the Eos is for you. I urge you to go out to you VW dealership and at least test drive one. This car is excellent. Buy one, if your wife will let you.

Happy Eos owner
By seakay on 11/29/06 09:17 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I just took a trip to Virginia from Miami and the back seat was a little small for an adult. When driving on the interstate with the top down, and the screen up, you really don't get much wind, and you can still hear the sound from the stereo, which is not the norm.