Used 2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Great so Far
By Brent

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've owned my Eos for about 2 months now. I have NEVER enjoyed driving a car as much as this one. I'm disappointed everywhere I go that the trip didn't take longer. I think about driving it all day. Yes, it has a couple of weirdnesses, a faint thumping sound sometimes when shifting, and the shifting isn't smooth when it's cold. But litterally other than this, it's the perfect car. It is honestly therapeutic to drive, and I find myself thinking up reasons to go places just to have more time behind the wheel. The top is totally sweet. When it's closed, you can see the sky. When it's open you can feel the sky and the moonroof is great for quick little breaks in the rain. Thanks VW

1) Super fast 2) huge sunroof 3) comfortable seats 4) awesome lit dashboard at night 5) the "tiny" trunk fits a ton of stuff - trips to Costco are easy!

More convenient handle to open the trunk. The small thump when shifting. These are minor.

Versatile
By John

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Great acceleration, but must use a light foot, very easy to "burn rubber". I cannot understand why anyone would need the V6. Auto is solid; the interior controls are easy to use. It takes a while to get used to the narrow seats (I also have a Toyota Avalon), but they break in and are quite comfortable. I considered a Volvo C70, but could not justify the price when compared to the Eos.

Rain sensing wipers, and of course the wonderful folding top.

The only thing I do not like about the auto is the absence of memory seats. Home link should also be available as an option. I don't think that one should have to get the V6 to have these options. Had these features been available as optional equipment I would have purchased them.

The best hard top convertible ever!!
By Kaitar

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this car for almost a month now and I just love it to pieces! Definitely a head-turner, and I get asked all the time about the car! I live in a place where we get a lot of wind storms and that was my concern with the hard top convertible, but it's absolutely no problem - unlike what's said about other hard top convertibles that have no idea what a huge wind sail they put up. This is my first convertible, and although this is my first new car, I feel comfortable saying that this is the car that will be my "forever ride"!!

Everything! Top up, top down, sunroof, automatic wipers, fun fun fun!!!

Make more in the Thunder Blue color - that's the only option that I couldn't get

A very fun car
By ech

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Have owned the Eos for a couple of months. It is ridiculously fun to drive and it gets better over time as you get used to the car's personality. Rear visibility is much better than most convertibles with the top up. The power seats are very comfortable, but I found the tilt of the manually operated seats was fixed in a way that was somewhat painful. The back seat and trunk are actually usable, so while the Eos doesn't scream practicality, it doesn't scream mid-life crisis either. It surprises me more people don't know about this car, but I suppose that's a good thing if you enjoy driving something unique.

Powerful and efficient engine, DSG transmission, quality paint and interior materials, very effective windblocker. Most of all, owning a car that does something that makes people say "wow".

Tires are noisy, climate control not as refined as other cars, shorter people have a very difficult time reaching the trunk lid to pull it back down.

My third convertible
By my car

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my third convertible. I live in California and I must have a convertible. I have always been a "muscle" car girl so I was thinking of my third mustang when I saw the Eos. My college boys were test driving a VW Rabbit on a rainy day and I stayed behind in the showroom. I noticed this cute car with a line down the back of the top. I asked if it was a hard top convertible and the salesman said "yes" and showed it to me. By the time the boys got back I made them a deal. They could have my 2001 GT convertible, 5 speed V8 because I had found my car. The turbo is plenty zippy, the fit and finish are great and the gas mileage was the deal maker.

I love putting the top down. My kids call it my "transformer" like the movie. It is fun to drive and I don't get blown all over like I did in the mustang. The wind screen in the back works like a champ.

I would love to see leather seats.