Used 2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Looks great, built like crap
By njpixie

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned this car since March. I live in Florida, loved the design and the way it drove. Started having problems in the first week with the wheel bearings, then the conv. top made a rattling noise, now I have water coming in from the weather stripping around the top. Also, the paint quality on volkswagens isn't good. Chips occur during driving very easily. Not very satisfied. Will not buy another volkswagen ever!!

Easy conv top, how it looks. Fun to drive, safety.

Paint!!! Quality in craftsmanship.

Don't spend extra for Audi, Volvo or BMW
By crisch

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this convertible. It is just as gorgeous, fast, reliable as the other high priced cars out there! I was on the road and thought I saw another Eos, so I sped up to drive past it and take a look. It was an Audi... and looked so much like my VW. This car is so fun to drive, it's fast and I get lots of compliments on it. It handles well, turns easily and the best part is the fact that you have 3 cars in one. A coupe (with the top up), a convertible (top down) and in between (sunroof that is really big!).

Sunroof, easy to use convertible transition, speed.

Hate how cumbersome it is to open the trunk.

I was doubtful
By crysqo

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

So I really wanted a new car and after looking forever, and at numerous cars, I bought the Eos. My car is beautiful! It constantly grabs attention. I got black on black. It's the luxury I want, the utility needed, and fits the budget. And it seals it in a "young" looking package. I'm only 23 and when looking at the Volvos, or the Lexus and BMWs and Cadillacs, they all had about everything but are just old feeling to me. It's very true that the car will grow on you. I was unsure of my purchase at first, but after looking through more cars, I fell in love. This truly is an amazing car. And VW is right - it does get into you. The car seems to have its own personality. Very youthful and fun.

Overall look interior and exterior. Everything is crisp, lean, and well put together. The luxury of supposed higher class cars. The hard top! Ambient lighting. The handling is very nice. All around just a super fun ride. Almost everything about it is my favorite!

VW navi system. Can't have the 6 disk changer and the iPod adapter. It's not touch screen. No Bluetooth (most irritating) and they leave a useless phone button on steering wheel and voice button on navi. I just replaced it. The adjustable center console arm rest slides too much in default position.

Let Down
By oscarkat01

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car drives great and is a joy. It is great driving with top down or up. This car feels much more luxurious the the price. I have never been more disappointed with a car though. The top has been broken for a month now. I have lost top down time which is seasonal where I live. I probably won't be able to put the top down again until spring now. If I wanted a coupe with a sunroof, I would have bought one. I bought a convertible. It is completely unacceptable to me. It doesn't matter how great the car drives or how comfortable it is if I can't put the top down in good weather. I will not be keeping this car. There are plenty of convertibles that don't have these number of problems.

The driving pleasure is great. The handling/ride balance is amazing. It feels much more expensive then it is. The seats are very comfortable. The trunk is useful. The backseat is usable for adults. The controls are perfect. The engine and transmission are spot on.

Fix the leaks, rattles and easily broken parts in the roof. The sunroof buffeting is awful even w/ the pop-up air deflector. The paint is a bit weak. The parts delivery needs to improved. It shouldn't take a month to get a part. The dealer needs to be trained to treat customers better.

2007 Eos
By Ted

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my Eos. I've had it since last April and it hasn't been back to the shop since. The interior is roomy and stylish yet simple. I'm very impressed with the gas mileage, getting 28 miles to the gallon on average so far, despite living in the city. The steering is tight and you can really feel the road. It's fun to drive, even if only down the block. The top is simple to use and when it's up it's hard to believe it's a convertible. The only bad thing is the top-down trunk space, but it's big enough to fit small luggage or a couple suitcases. But I've found the back seat makes a good place to put stuff, too. And you don't look like Mr. Moneybags, having a flashy exterior.

Definitely the retracting hard top, which is usable with a push of a button, but amazing to watch. Also, the interior fit and finish looked a lot more like a Mercedes than a VW.

I think the trunk space could be better, but as far as hard top convertibles go, it's pretty decent.