2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:
Best of Both Worlds
By antonio on 03/17/07 06:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I just bought a VW Eos 2.0T with an automatic transmission and it has far exceeded my expectations. It is a great car. It has a surprisingly comfortable interior that is very quiet, even with the top down. It has plenty of leg room in the front seats (I am 6'3" and I have plenty of room in the front) and the back seats are "tolerable" for short trips. It is also very agile and quick. The upgraded audio system is superb! The best feature of this car is the fact that when the top is up it has all the characteristics of a coupe (without the downfalls of typical convertible) and with the touch of a button (and waiting 25 seconds) the car "transforms" into a beautiful convertible.

Just What I Was Looking For
By Pepino on 02/26/07 08:15 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This vehicle is everything it's comparable rivals are plus more. The hard top is obviously the biggie, however the additional sunroof (huge) is the extra. Closed, the outside noise is low and you'd never know it is a convertible. The bells and whistles are abundant and you get a great bang for your buck. The base is more than what the other can even touch for the price. Yes it can be expensive, but it is a great built vehicle and a blast to drive.

So Far So Good
By Sue in FL on 02/22/07 10:35 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm coming up on the 5,000 mile service and I have no complaints about this car. I still am excited every time I put the top down or open the sunroof. One minor issue is that the sunroof is significantly louder than my Jetta's, but the roof opening is also much larger.

Best value for the money and A+ design
By Prashanth on 02/20/07 14:29 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is the first coupe-convertible with a hardtop. Getting this car is definitely my best choice ever. I had to wait some time before I could get a deal on the price, but what do you expect from a best-selling car in Europe? The car as a coupe is exceptionally quiet inside, compared to the conventional canvas-top convertibles. The interior is very classy and the dashboard colors are pleasing to the eye, and not at all a distraction. While driving it as a convertible, the ride is very smooth and with very minimal jerks. The wheels hug the road beautifully while turning and making quick curves, and I was in fact prodded by the test-drive guy to turn it at 60 mph to see that it had no effect on the car's handling.

Gotta Luv It
By Mickey on 02/06/07 12:21 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was pleasantly surprised by the interior roominess for such a small car. I'm 5' 10" and like to stretch out my legs, but there's still leg room behind my driver's seat for a passenger for short distances. The hardtop roof is awesome and makes this convertible much more solid and stable than a rag top. This car is spunky, but has very good fuel economy. It has got all the toys of a pricier car. I am very pleased with it so far even though I have had it only one week. It's not my recently sold 911 Carerra Cabriolet, but it doesn't have the price tag or the maintenance costs either and it's a lot more practicable. I hope it holds up.

The Best Car Nobody Will Buy
By Chris on 02/05/07 22:11 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Hands down the Eos is one of the top 5 best new model cars of 2007. The mid trim level combines the best of VW and Audi design in the 2.0 liter turbo FSI engine and the 6 speed DSG automatic. The 200 horses push this car from 0-60 in 7 seconds regardless of the transmission (a feat that will turn many manual drivers into DSG fans). The 5 piece stacking hard top designed by Webesto features a panoramic sunroof that is only one of it's kind. Dynaudio spent 2 years working with VW to tune a 10 speaker sound system to the interior dynamics. The Pontiac G6 doesn't come close in features or reliability and the Volvo equivalent is $10,000 more. It even gets 31 mpg hwy for summer top down crusin'.

Cheereos
By RTC on 02/05/07 05:42 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car has a very poky 2.0T engine. It likes to sneak over the speed limit. Like on most vehicles, opt for comfort over the sport package and you get a surprisingly together ride, borderline cushy and quieter. My car is averaging 24.8 mpg - and not from cautious driving. So far I have driven it in freezing conditions and have no complaints. I feel as snug as a bug inside with the roof up. It is tight with some small cowl shake on harsh bumps, but so was my former 330Ci. This car is very practical. The Dynaudio MP3 player is amazing. It is definitely a B plus and maybe more for simple unpretentious top up and top down fun.

Eos Experience to Date
By spaceinvader on 01/24/07 05:31 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The 2.0L turbo engine is powerful, but thirsty on fuel. The sports suspension is great on smooth roads, but the car "rattles" and the chassis flexes on other roads that are not flat.. I had a dead battery after two weeks, and the dealer could find no reason as to what caused it. The climate control system failed after three weeks. There was a one week delay in waiting for parts. This car has lots of internal condensation, i.e. window dripping with water. I found the spare wheel well full of water, due to faulty welded joint in the body panels behind the left hand side rear light cluster. My Eos has been off of the road for eight days while the dealer finds / fixes the water problem. VW customer service not interested in my problems.

Love That Eos
By R.Graves on 01/13/07 11:16 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I absolutely love my 2007 VW Eos. I ordered and patiently waited for it. I got it in December 2006 and I have not put the top up yet. And I live in NJ. If you use the windshield with the top down, you get the luxury of having the convertible style and fun with the warmth of a sedan. This is truly a phenomenal car. I love my VW.

Love my Eos
By RB on 01/07/07 19:56 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

After a few months of researching convertibles and not finding a hard top reasonably priced, there was an article on the EOS in our local paper. After going online to Edmunds and VW website for more information, I went to the dealership and bought it that day. Going from a mid-size SUV to small convertible, I thought it would take some adjustment. However, it is so much fun to drive and feels like a solid car around me. It has excellent pick up, especially getting on the freeway. The hardtop easily retracts and amazes me with the technology. I love driving with the top down, even it is chilly out, I just turn the heated seat up. I'm thrilled with my purchase.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.