Used 2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Former rag top driver
By Robin

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've always had a rag top. I love this car, best of both worlds. Looks like a transformer when the top goes down. Careful, this little car is very fast. Quiet inside. Hope this red convertible doesn't get me a speeding ticket.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature has to be that folding top. It goes in the trunk in just 25 seconds.

Suggested Improvements

It's hard to leave the window open a crack when its raining. It drips on you.

Best bang for your buck!
By noodles

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I love this car! After searching and driving everything convertible priced at $35k and below, this is by far the best. A Mustang GT can't touch the handling and gas mileage, it's overall shorter than a Chrysler Sebring but somehow roomier in the back. Better craftsman ship than ANY American made car in this price range and holds its resale! I got the auto/manual transmission with manual controls on the steering wheel. I feel like I'm flying a plane! Do your homework and test drive everything else before driving an Eos, because once you test drive you to will be hooked on the Eos!

Favorite Features

Driving at night is so much fun! The blue and red interior lights really set it off at night. Very safe car for my 5 year old. They don't make many, so not everyone will be driving one. 9 speaker CD with iPod and 6 disc changer rocks!! The transmission controls on the steering wheel is great!

Suggested Improvements

Hot and cold cup holders in the front would be nice. Standard tinted rear window would be nice as well. Could use a digital speedometer. Adults will have a hard time getting into the back with the top up.

Got what I wanted
By bayesian

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I love the Eos. At 5'11/ 170#/ 32-33" inseam I fit fine, but if I were over about 6'1/ 34" or seriously overweight (rather than slightly) I'd be running out of room. Seat comfort, support, adjustability range is excellent; control layout mostly excellent. Not _that_ quiet with top up, but OK. Handling with Sport pkg (18") is excellent - ride is firm but not uncomfortable. The 3.2 (which I didn't particularly want, but it was the only way to get Eismeer blue with sport suspension; glad I did) is a rocket with the DSG in sport mode or manual control (in D mode, the DSG has substantial downshift lag; not sure why). Needs more interior storage. No leaks after one month/two rainstorm

Favorite Features

Moonroof makes it feel _far_ roomier with the top up than any other convertible I've tried. The diffuser screen works very well if I lower the seat almost all the way; no turbulence at all. Power retractable mirrors. Seat fore-and-aft switch on seat shoulder.

Suggested Improvements

Big: +2-3" of wheelbase so that it could comfortably carry three adults or two adults plus two bigger kids; worth extra weight and polar moment. Little: Key fob operation of top (liability?), adjustable pedals, wheel blocks speedo and tach at freeway speed - add digital spedo/tach at windshield?

Eos - A Great, Fun Car
By vwjonathan

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I waited until the car had been out 6 months and got a 2.0 T in May 2007. The car is a head-turner, fun to drive, and gets better than 30 mpg on the highway. The "wow" factor on this car is a 10 - no other car in the world has a sunroof (panoramic) built into the convertible top. The completely hands-free operation of the top turns this stunning coupe into a sleek, topless car in about 20 seocnds. Even with the top down, there is pleny of room for overnight bags and a laptop. And believe it or not, you really get a back seat that fits adults. The car handles like a true sports car, has a great 50K mile warranty, and will make your neighbors jealous.

Favorite Features

Panoramic sunroof, sirius satellite radio, cool violet dash lights, adjustable center console elbow rest, power drivers seat, great fuel economy, and way-too-cool styling.

Suggested Improvements

NONE!!!

Love My Car
By JML

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my Eos. I have always wanted a convertible and finally found one I fell in love with. I wanted a hard top but couldn't find one I really liked until know. It is an eye catcher.

Favorite Features

The top of course, that's why I bought it.

Suggested Improvements

More storage room inside. It hesitates sometimes when you step on it... needs to be improved. Overall some of the extras should be standard for the price you pay. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting a convertible handles great overall.