2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:
VW should rename the Eos to "ET 2.0"
By Oasis on 05/12/07 02:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Driving the VW Eos 2.0T DSG 6 sp is a lot of fun. The first thing I liked was the sun roof day or night I could look out at the stars or the clouds and trees. I was surprised that my Eos got 32 mpg and the passing power was so brisk I never experienced that type of passing power before. I also enjoy the fact I can listen to MP3s and the compass is a plus. Electric seats especially the height adjustment made me happy. The roof, what can I say I live in Florida and have the roof down most of the time just turn on the air conditioner for comfort. Last of all some advice. The Eos needs to have a home, a garage, be washed every other week and always use premium gas.

Why doesn't everyone drive this car?
By Rich on 05/06/07 14:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my Eos for 6 months now. It's amazing. Like a convertible without the hassle. I'm not sure why everyone does not have this car. I have had no problems, and love the car. It's so much fun to drive. The top is perfect, no leaks, and always turns heads when you open and close it. The 6 speed manual trans is great. Much better than the 5 speed I had in my Jetta. The only minus I can think of is that you can't hear the whine of turbo anymore like in the 1.8T. VW needs to fix this. The whine was so cool. Also, with the top down there is too much body flex. They need to stiffen the frame a little.

Love It!
By atlguy34 on 05/03/07 12:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had a 2005 Passat that I swore I would never sell. Then I drove an EOS one day while I was having my Passat serviced. I was hooked. Within 3 days I had one in my driveway. The car is a blast to drive, not to mention it's really cool. And since they are still relatively new, it attracts a lot of attention. The way the trunk is configured, you can not see where the car ends. Mine came with Park Distance Control which at first I thought was lame, but after driving the car for a while, it's a necessity.

Very Happy
By Mike Moore on 04/13/07 07:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I have had my Eos since the end of December and have enjoyed every minute with the car. It is an attractive vehicle that garners many looks and questions from people. It is enjoyable and comfortable during my 35 mile daily round trip on a misture of highway and surface streets. It's jack of all trades character in regard to coupe, convertible or open sunroof auto, it's performance and it's comfort reassure me each and every day that I made a good decision in investing into the VW Eos. I'm a happy, sun tanned disciple of the Goddess Eos! :-)

A Very Nice Surprise!!
By Fatboy on 04/09/07 10:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We just purchased our new Eos and I must admit that I was very pleasantly surprised at the room inside such a small and sporty car. I'm 6'-04" and 340 lbs and usually just have to walk right past the "sports cars". Not this one - I fit in it with room to spare, yet my petite wife also can adjust it to meet her requirements. The car is sporty, peppy, and very nice. It is not without its drawbacks, but they are minor and it is a blast to drive. Fit and finish are superb and the 3-in-1 top is "tops"! Lots of neat features and it's still a very "green machine" with over 30 mpg it you baby it. All in all, top marks for this new V-dub! Gotta hand it to those Germans - sporty with room!

Saves a marriage
By samron on 04/08/07 20:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

My husband hated my Z4 - too small and uncomfortable. He wanted a luxury car; I wanted sporty and convertible. Our 3.2 EOS fits the bill perfectly. We test drove a 2.0 one day; 3 days later tested a 3.2 loaded - bought it in 20 minutes! We both love this car, though I drive it more...t hought I would never drive anything but a BMW having driven them for years... who would have thought VW would come up with such a fabulous car. Price was right, options all there - just wish I could figure out the NAV feature a bit more. By the way, I am well over 50 and love to drive with the top down!

Car for the person who wants it all
By austin_eos on 04/03/07 09:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a car for a person who wants a bit of everything in a car: sporty performance, practicality with 4-seat capacity, acceptable trunk space, comfort, interior and exterior style, and of course, a convertible. If you feel the urge to splurge on any particular feature, then you might want to get dedicated sports car or comfort sedan. But if you want a bit of everything, the Eos works well. I've had my Eos for about 4 months in various weather, and it has held up great and has been fun to drive. So far no reliability problems.

There's no other car like it!
By solarflare on 03/28/07 05:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

You donít have to give up a sunroof or front wheel drive with this baby! I get 35-42 mpg highway and with 200 horses under the hood! The DSG transmission is smooth and responsive and I love the fact that the car sounds much like a manual when accelerating. My EOS has the luxury package with rear park assist, two options that I highly recommend. The interior trim, mine has the cornsilk beige, is top notch and very elegant. The car is beautiful inside and out! Handling with the top down is a bit awkward but the car is a blast to drive. The leather seats are a bit hard but not uncomfortable. The EOS has style and class and I think VW has a winner here!

Summer Fun
By bnw514 on 03/27/07 00:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just got my eos 3 days ago and have been driving top down the whole time. I like when I stop at the store people stare because they've never seen it before. Then I put the top up, just to give them a show and make them gawk. Then I zip off with the sound of the turbo. Although, 1/2 a mile down the road I have to pull over and let the top back down, just because it's a nice spring day. Plus all the guys dig it because it has the turbo. Hope that doesn't get me in trouble because it has more power than any other VW iIhave owned. Trust me, so far, the best car I have ever bought. And this makes #6. It reminds me of a less boxy Mercedes SLK.

Fun to Own
By blowinthwind on 03/20/07 19:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love driving this car. I would rate the fun to drive factor higher than a 10 if I could. It handles well and after driving a big van for the last 8 years I appreciate how easy it is to get where I want to be. The car responds well. It is a blast to own. Every day someone comments on it. My son's friends think it is the coolest car ever - I do too.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.