Used 2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Don't forget the oil
By JP

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Wife drives it most, she loves it. I wish it were a bit larger, but it is a compact. Found it has been needing one quart of oil every 1k, service says that is not unusual with a turbo. Seems like a lot. Overall good car and a good value.

Favorite Features

sunroof-conv-top

Suggested Improvements

Ability to lock doors from door panel.

Fun & versatile; but some flaws
By David

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Good sporty drive feel but not a true sport car feel. Back seat big enough for 1 small adult. Great top; easy, quick, plus sunroof. Flaws: Poor traction or excessive torque on start up - front wheels easily spin. Bad tires (Goodyear Eagle LS-2) on my 17" wheels. Tires easily ruined by normal potholes (at $200 each)and have poor traction. I replaced mine with a different and vastly better brand for $175 each. Rough transmission with lag on acceleration and when automatically upshifting. Noticeable surge when transmission downshifts. Recall on my 2.0T engine which VW didn't inform me of and won't provide info on. Ugly exterior rear end. Cheap looking interior plastic wood.

Favorite Features

Driving with top down on warm nights. Interior lights. Putting 8 big bags of groceries in the trunk and still have room for the top down.

Suggested Improvements

Better brakes. Wheels and whole car shudders when braking hard. Better tires than Goodyear Eagle LS-2. Smoother automatic transmission shifts, and add some feel to the auto manual mode. It's not worth using with present design. Improve exterior rear end design.

Most fun car I've ever owned
By Lisa

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Not only is this car sexy, but it is so fun to drive! My husband is always looking for reasons why he has to drive it because he loves it too. We even put two car seats in the back. The wind isn't too much, it doesn't even mess up my hair on the way to work. Plus I'm always getting comments on how great it looks - it's great!! My only complaint is the trunk is heavy and hard to close - not a big deal, just annoying. The trunk space is reasonable for a convertible. I love the sunroof - it's not something I use because it's way too loud when open, but it's great to have the sunlight in the winter - convertibles can be dark when the top is closed - not this car!

Favorite Features

The speed, handling and sun roof.

Suggested Improvements

Put a handle or something to close the trunk - not easy. The sun roof is really loud too when used.

Eos Reliability
By jmkober

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I purchased my Eos, the 3.2 with sport package after driving the 2.0T. Gas mileage is about 24 MPG overall. Car is loads of fun to drive but is not as comfortable on long trips as I would have hoped. It has been in the shop 5 times in 5 months for a defective strut, rattle in doors (recall), broken lumbar motor and leaking. Car still rides rough. I don't understand it. I even swapped out the 18s for some Michelin 16s, no help. I am considering a trade in for the 2.0T without sport package as I love the looks.

Favorite Features

Top of course, auto volume control, auto wipers, heated seats, and fun to drive factor.

Suggested Improvements

Add bluetooth capability from factory as well as touchscreen and DVD capablity to the nav xystem. Improve quality and ride. Lower price.

Your Search is officially over!
By Car Enthusiast

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Having owned an array of cars in the past and having searched the market many times over for the perfect convertible, I can say that I hit the jackpot with the Eos. Great performance, amazing build quality, head-turning styling, affordable maintenance, good gas milage, versitile top styling, and all around fun car to drive. This is a must for both convertible enthusiast and those wanting a more practical coupe. The design of the front and rear wind screen is ingenious and in combination with the windows up and top down, you barely feel or hear wind noise. Drive it, experience it, and please don't wait to buy it!

Favorite Features

Engineering features of the top, windscreens, and spacious lugage compartment. Great handling and more than adequate acceleration. Styling that rivals the best luxury cars. VW dependability and service. Well designed letherette interior.

Suggested Improvements

The top can squeak just a bit on rough streets, however this is minimal and requires very rough driving. For the price, all trim levels should have automatic head lights. I am so used to having them, I forget to turn the lights off at night. Otherwise, amazing!