Used 2007 Volkswagen Eos 3.2L Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

It's all in the details
By Grafixx101

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Bought the 3.2 w/ every available option w/ black on black int./ext. color choices. Added a subwoofer, HID foglamps, and 20" wheels. Oddly, adding huge wheels with better tires merited a better ride than the stock 18's with poor tires. All in all, I have loved this car. Unfortunately, VW has a very soft clear-coat on the paint, and after a routine oil-change at the dealer, it is now riddled with swirl marks. Everything else about this car is amazing, considering the amount of tech' involved in its production. I'm very particular about every detail, so I could nit-pick about little things, but overall I'm happy with how this car has served me and would buy another VW.

Bi-xenon steerable headlights with AFS, heated seats, Dynaudio stereo, hardtop/sunroof still unlike any other offered, LED taillights, sexy stying, comments by other drivers and passers by, V6 engine, dual-zone climate control, red ambient lighting, blue/red speedometer, hidden trunk handle/VW logo.

Wheelspin (needs RWD or AWD), better seals for roof, non-adjustable suspension combined w/ bad tires = rough ride, NAV system = rubbish, needs Bluetooth integration, better iPod solution, DSG w/ hill-hold should be standard, HARDER CLEAR COAT ON PAINT, also chrome bumper pits too easily = not smart.

Greatest Car Ever
By Eos Guy - Illinois

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

My first VW and convertible. Both have been a great experience. Fun with the top up or down. Wish it had all wheel drive (sometimes)

The power top and cornering lights.

All wheel drive.

Eos Reliability
By jmkober

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I purchased my Eos, the 3.2 with sport package after driving the 2.0T. Gas mileage is about 24 MPG overall. Car is loads of fun to drive but is not as comfortable on long trips as I would have hoped. It has been in the shop 5 times in 5 months for a defective strut, rattle in doors (recall), broken lumbar motor and leaking. Car still rides rough. I don't understand it. I even swapped out the 18s for some Michelin 16s, no help. I am considering a trade in for the 2.0T without sport package as I love the looks.

Top of course, auto volume control, auto wipers, heated seats, and fun to drive factor.

Add bluetooth capability from factory as well as touchscreen and DVD capablity to the nav xystem. Improve quality and ride. Lower price.

Got what I wanted
By bayesian

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I love the Eos. At 5'11/ 170#/ 32-33" inseam I fit fine, but if I were over about 6'1/ 34" or seriously overweight (rather than slightly) I'd be running out of room. Seat comfort, support, adjustability range is excellent; control layout mostly excellent. Not _that_ quiet with top up, but OK. Handling with Sport pkg (18") is excellent - ride is firm but not uncomfortable. The 3.2 (which I didn't particularly want, but it was the only way to get Eismeer blue with sport suspension; glad I did) is a rocket with the DSG in sport mode or manual control (in D mode, the DSG has substantial downshift lag; not sure why). Needs more interior storage. No leaks after one month/two rainstorm

Moonroof makes it feel _far_ roomier with the top up than any other convertible I've tried. The diffuser screen works very well if I lower the seat almost all the way; no turbulence at all. Power retractable mirrors. Seat fore-and-aft switch on seat shoulder.

Big: +2-3" of wheelbase so that it could comfortably carry three adults or two adults plus two bigger kids; worth extra weight and polar moment. Little: Key fob operation of top (liability?), adjustable pedals, wheel blocks speedo and tach at freeway speed - add digital spedo/tach at windshield?

I was doubtful
By crysqo

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

So I really wanted a new car and after looking forever, and at numerous cars, I bought the Eos. My car is beautiful! It constantly grabs attention. I got black on black. It's the luxury I want, the utility needed, and fits the budget. And it seals it in a "young" looking package. I'm only 23 and when looking at the Volvos, or the Lexus and BMWs and Cadillacs, they all had about everything but are just old feeling to me. It's very true that the car will grow on you. I was unsure of my purchase at first, but after looking through more cars, I fell in love. This truly is an amazing car. And VW is right - it does get into you. The car seems to have its own personality. Very youthful and fun.

Overall look interior and exterior. Everything is crisp, lean, and well put together. The luxury of supposed higher class cars. The hard top! Ambient lighting. The handling is very nice. All around just a super fun ride. Almost everything about it is my favorite!

VW navi system. Can't have the 6 disk changer and the iPod adapter. It's not touch screen. No Bluetooth (most irritating) and they leave a useless phone button on steering wheel and voice button on navi. I just replaced it. The adjustable center console arm rest slides too much in default position.