2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:
It's all in the details
By Grafixx101 on 12/30/09 15:14 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Bought the 3.2 w/ every available option w/ black on black int./ext. color choices. Added a subwoofer, HID foglamps, and 20" wheels. Oddly, adding huge wheels with better tires merited a better ride than the stock 18's with poor tires. All in all, I have loved this car. Unfortunately, VW has a very soft clear-coat on the paint, and after a routine oil-change at the dealer, it is now riddled with swirl marks. Everything else about this car is amazing, considering the amount of tech' involved in its production. I'm very particular about every detail, so I could nit-pick about little things, but overall I'm happy with how this car has served me and would buy another VW.

Greatest Car Ever
By Eos Guy - Illinois on 03/24/09 11:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

My first VW and convertible. Both have been a great experience. Fun with the top up or down. Wish it had all wheel drive (sometimes)

Eos Reliability
By jmkober on 03/13/08 11:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I purchased my Eos, the 3.2 with sport package after driving the 2.0T. Gas mileage is about 24 MPG overall. Car is loads of fun to drive but is not as comfortable on long trips as I would have hoped. It has been in the shop 5 times in 5 months for a defective strut, rattle in doors (recall), broken lumbar motor and leaking. Car still rides rough. I don't understand it. I even swapped out the 18s for some Michelin 16s, no help. I am considering a trade in for the 2.0T without sport package as I love the looks.

Got what I wanted
By bayesian on 01/15/08 17:34 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I love the Eos. At 5'11/ 170#/ 32-33" inseam I fit fine, but if I were over about 6'1/ 34" or seriously overweight (rather than slightly) I'd be running out of room. Seat comfort, support, adjustability range is excellent; control layout mostly excellent. Not _that_ quiet with top up, but OK. Handling with Sport pkg (18") is excellent - ride is firm but not uncomfortable. The 3.2 (which I didn't particularly want, but it was the only way to get Eismeer blue with sport suspension; glad I did) is a rocket with the DSG in sport mode or manual control (in D mode, the DSG has substantial downshift lag; not sure why). Needs more interior storage. No leaks after one month/two rainstorm

I was doubtful
By crysqo on 10/26/07 01:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

So I really wanted a new car and after looking forever, and at numerous cars, I bought the Eos. My car is beautiful! It constantly grabs attention. I got black on black. It's the luxury I want, the utility needed, and fits the budget. And it seals it in a "young" looking package. I'm only 23 and when looking at the Volvos, or the Lexus and BMWs and Cadillacs, they all had about everything but are just old feeling to me. It's very true that the car will grow on you. I was unsure of my purchase at first, but after looking through more cars, I fell in love. This truly is an amazing car. And VW is right - it does get into you. The car seems to have its own personality. Very youthful and fun.

The Eos is Awesome!
By Yama on 07/06/07 06:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I craved this vehicle for about 7 months, then finally bought one, 3.2, technology and sport package. I could not be more pleased! It is a sure crowd pleaser, and the styling looks "European". There is nothing I would change, nothing lacking for me with this vehicle. I've had 6-footers in the back for short trips, and they didn't squawk. But then again, I didn't purchase it to carry folks in the back (I have a van for that!), I bought it to have a vehicle with style, good safety features, and a hardtop convertible.

The Eos is GREAT
By Yama on 05/18/07 19:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I've had my Eos for a week, and it compares as good as the Porsche or Lexus vehicles for quality that I've owned previously. The ride is fantastic, and the amenities are superb. The hardtop convertible feature leaves me feeling safer than when I owned a ragtop Celica. I am totally in love with this vehicle! I'm glad I bought the 3.2 with the technology and sport package!

The car speaks for itself
By Sood on 05/13/07 00:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

We waited several months for this car after ordering it because we couldn't find one with a 3.2L candy white, beige leather, DynAudio, technology package with nav and iPod adapter. It was well worth the wait. The car is unlike any other I have ever driven, even though its really the wife's car. :) I have owned a 3 series and G35 coupe and the Eos is on par or exceeds factors on those cars. People pay a lot of attention to it since there aren't many around.

Very Happy
By Mike Moore on 04/13/07 07:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I have had my Eos since the end of December and have enjoyed every minute with the car. It is an attractive vehicle that garners many looks and questions from people. It is enjoyable and comfortable during my 35 mile daily round trip on a misture of highway and surface streets. It's jack of all trades character in regard to coupe, convertible or open sunroof auto, it's performance and it's comfort reassure me each and every day that I made a good decision in investing into the VW Eos. I'm a happy, sun tanned disciple of the Goddess Eos! :-)

Saves a marriage
By samron on 04/08/07 20:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

My husband hated my Z4 - too small and uncomfortable. He wanted a luxury car; I wanted sporty and convertible. Our 3.2 EOS fits the bill perfectly. We test drove a 2.0 one day; 3 days later tested a 3.2 loaded - bought it in 20 minutes! We both love this car, though I drive it more...t hought I would never drive anything but a BMW having driven them for years... who would have thought VW would come up with such a fabulous car. Price was right, options all there - just wish I could figure out the NAV feature a bit more. By the way, I am well over 50 and love to drive with the top down!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.