2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:
4th VW, won't buy another one
By ericnjodie on 12/12/11 09:17 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

i've owned 3 Jettas and have always liked VW. that is until i traded in my 2008 Jetta for an 07 EOS. i've had the car only a year and have had 3 different services for leaks and window switches, etc. now that it is cold outside, the water is now freezing in the inside of the windows because of the water leaks. it seems no matter how many times i get the "windows adjusted" it keeps leaking. i'm taking it back and will not be buying another VW unless the dealership takes care of me. thank god i bought the extended warranty when i got the car. i would recommend anyone brave enough to buy one of these to get the extended warranty.

Comfort-Sleek Design-Sexy as Hell
By Nicole on 07/20/08 14:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had been looking for a convertible, however, I live in Maine, and they are not that feasible for 8 months out of the year. When I saw this car I had to have it. It's comfortable (even for 2 full grown adults) in the back seat. Very nicely built, drive is smooth. I have put 20,000 on it in less than a year and no problems so far. Also, I have the base model and comes with everything I want including leather and dual heat controls

Love My Car
By JML on 12/05/07 15:02 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my Eos. I have always wanted a convertible and finally found one I fell in love with. I wanted a hard top but couldn't find one I really liked until know. It is an eye catcher.

Looks great, built like crap
By njpixie on 12/05/07 07:45 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned this car since March. I live in Florida, loved the design and the way it drove. Started having problems in the first week with the wheel bearings, then the conv. top made a rattling noise, now I have water coming in from the weather stripping around the top. Also, the paint quality on volkswagens isn't good. Chips occur during driving very easily. Not very satisfied. Will not buy another volkswagen ever!!

Don't spend extra for Audi, Volvo or BMW
By crisch on 10/28/07 13:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this convertible. It is just as gorgeous, fast, reliable as the other high priced cars out there! I was on the road and thought I saw another Eos, so I sped up to drive past it and take a look. It was an Audi... and looked so much like my VW. This car is so fun to drive, it's fast and I get lots of compliments on it. It handles well, turns easily and the best part is the fact that you have 3 cars in one. A coupe (with the top up), a convertible (top down) and in between (sunroof that is really big!).

The best hard top convertible ever!!
By Kaitar on 09/25/07 12:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this car for almost a month now and I just love it to pieces! Definitely a head-turner, and I get asked all the time about the car! I live in a place where we get a lot of wind storms and that was my concern with the hard top convertible, but it's absolutely no problem - unlike what's said about other hard top convertibles that have no idea what a huge wind sail they put up. This is my first convertible, and although this is my first new car, I feel comfortable saying that this is the car that will be my "forever ride"!!

Annoyed
By Kristin on 08/20/07 11:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my Eos this June and it's been in for service three times, twice for leaks. They still have it and have had it for 22 days straight claiming the part is being made in Germany. Itís the summertime and I can't even enjoy my top down. This is the first VW I have ever bought and will most likely be the last. The service department has no idea when my part will come in, I find this ridiculous! I also have a problem with the back drive side window, sometimes when you're closing it, it goes back down. This car has caused me so much problems.

Fun in the sun with a taste of class!
By JAY on 06/26/07 07:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned the Eos for a month, and it has made my 5 hr a day drive to work in comfort as well as smooth driving through the LA traffic. I enjoy the choices of a sunroof or top down. The engine is smooth driving as well as noise free. It is an attention getter that makes me feel like I am driving a Mercedes, Audi or a BMW. Wherever I go, it just fits in. This is my 3rd VW from a Cabriolet VW to a New Beetle. This Eos is what a great VW is all about. I am in the fashion field, and I basically feel like a rock star! It's worth the money for me.

Lots of Fun
By Sandi on 06/19/07 09:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I looked at a lot of convertibles to replace my 2001 Eclipse Spyder but once I test drove the Eos I was hooked. It is a fun little car that has more get up and go than you would think. The top is also great fun and attracts a lot of attention when going up or down. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a mid priced convertible.

Why doesn't everyone drive this car?
By Rich on 05/06/07 14:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my Eos for 6 months now. It's amazing. Like a convertible without the hassle. I'm not sure why everyone does not have this car. I have had no problems, and love the car. It's so much fun to drive. The top is perfect, no leaks, and always turns heads when you open and close it. The 6 speed manual trans is great. Much better than the 5 speed I had in my Jetta. The only minus I can think of is that you can't hear the whine of turbo anymore like in the 1.8T. VW needs to fix this. The whine was so cool. Also, with the top down there is too much body flex. They need to stiffen the frame a little.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.