Used 2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

4th VW, won't buy another one
By ericnjodie

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

i've owned 3 Jettas and have always liked VW. that is until i traded in my 2008 Jetta for an 07 EOS. i've had the car only a year and have had 3 different services for leaks and window switches, etc. now that it is cold outside, the water is now freezing in the inside of the windows because of the water leaks. it seems no matter how many times i get the "windows adjusted" it keeps leaking. i'm taking it back and will not be buying another VW unless the dealership takes care of me. thank god i bought the extended warranty when i got the car. i would recommend anyone brave enough to buy one of these to get the extended warranty.

Comfort-Sleek Design-Sexy as Hell
By Nicole

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had been looking for a convertible, however, I live in Maine, and they are not that feasible for 8 months out of the year. When I saw this car I had to have it. It's comfortable (even for 2 full grown adults) in the back seat. Very nicely built, drive is smooth. I have put 20,000 on it in less than a year and no problems so far. Also, I have the base model and comes with everything I want including leather and dual heat controls

Favorite Features

Obviously the retractable hard top, stereo system, the interior lights on dash board

Suggested Improvements

N/A

Love My Car
By JML

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my Eos. I have always wanted a convertible and finally found one I fell in love with. I wanted a hard top but couldn't find one I really liked until know. It is an eye catcher.

Favorite Features

The top of course, that's why I bought it.

Suggested Improvements

More storage room inside. It hesitates sometimes when you step on it... needs to be improved. Overall some of the extras should be standard for the price you pay. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting a convertible handles great overall.

Looks great, built like crap
By njpixie

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned this car since March. I live in Florida, loved the design and the way it drove. Started having problems in the first week with the wheel bearings, then the conv. top made a rattling noise, now I have water coming in from the weather stripping around the top. Also, the paint quality on volkswagens isn't good. Chips occur during driving very easily. Not very satisfied. Will not buy another volkswagen ever!!

Favorite Features

Easy conv top, how it looks. Fun to drive, safety.

Suggested Improvements

Paint!!! Quality in craftsmanship.

Don't spend extra for Audi, Volvo or BMW
By crisch

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this convertible. It is just as gorgeous, fast, reliable as the other high priced cars out there! I was on the road and thought I saw another Eos, so I sped up to drive past it and take a look. It was an Audi... and looked so much like my VW. This car is so fun to drive, it's fast and I get lots of compliments on it. It handles well, turns easily and the best part is the fact that you have 3 cars in one. A coupe (with the top up), a convertible (top down) and in between (sunroof that is really big!).

Favorite Features

Sunroof, easy to use convertible transition, speed.

Suggested Improvements

Hate how cumbersome it is to open the trunk.