Used 2007 Volkswagen Eos Base Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

LOVE MY EOS!!
By volkswagen07

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been readuing reviews that have concerns about the window leaking. I bought my 2007 Eos in June of 2007...trading in my 2003 Passat. First let me say, I live in the desert along the Colorado River, where in the summer it reaches 120 degrees, adn I drive my Eos with the top down for 9 months out of the year. Here is what I have found... If you look in you manual, you will see that if you go thru the automated care washes, it voids the warrenty on the top. The rubber seals on the roof will start to leak due to the high pressure sprayers in automated care washes, and also if you do not oil the rubber seals, the same thing can happen. I bought the oil from the dealership, and do it

Favorite Features

myself three times a year. And I ALWAYS wash my car at home, but hand. (doesn't your Eos deserve a little love!!) As far as the dealership not helping out much...CALL Volkswagen themselves! I have and they are more than willing to help. The dealer I use now is great, and I have to drive 90 miles to get there. Others I have delt with, not o much!. I have called VW a coupe of times to report a bad dealership. My suggestion...DRIVE IT AND ENJOY!!!

2007 Eos
By Ted

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my Eos. I've had it since last April and it hasn't been back to the shop since. The interior is roomy and stylish yet simple. I'm very impressed with the gas mileage, getting 28 miles to the gallon on average so far, despite living in the city. The steering is tight and you can really feel the road. It's fun to drive, even if only down the block. The top is simple to use and when it's up it's hard to believe it's a convertible. The only bad thing is the top-down trunk space, but it's big enough to fit small luggage or a couple suitcases. But I've found the back seat makes a good place to put stuff, too. And you don't look like Mr. Moneybags, having a flashy exterior.

Favorite Features

Definitely the retracting hard top, which is usable with a push of a button, but amazing to watch. Also, the interior fit and finish looked a lot more like a Mercedes than a VW.

Suggested Improvements

I think the trunk space could be better, but as far as hard top convertibles go, it's pretty decent.

I Love My Eos!
By Nancy

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am so happy with my Eos. It is fun to drive, beautiful, and has lots of power for a small car. Having the hardtop fold into the trunk is a wonderful feature. I get comments daily on the beautiful blue color. I really am happy with my car, and so is my husband!

Favorite Features

The heated seats, turbo, how the roof folds into the trunk, how it holds four passengers comfortably, the stunning blue color, and great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Give it automatic headlights.

Makes Phoenix A Year Round Event
By grandlapaloma

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After a thorough search for the next generation convertible. We traded our beloved 2001 VW Cabrio for the EOS. It does not have a soft top. Don't buy a soft top convertible, period. This multi-function hard top sportster convertible is everything true engineering can offer. We bought the base with the upgraded auto/shift transmission and satellite radio. It was tough to get since supplies are low, wait for it. We tested every car within a $10,000 range of the base price of EOS and its still the best value at full MSRP. The fit and finish, engine, gas mileage, quality, etc make this the best every day car or weekend blaster.

Favorite Features

The hard top and the use of a moonroof when the top is up or when it rains in Phoenix, which is maybe, mmmmmm, two days a year.

Suggested Improvements

None

Funtastick
By auctionking

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently purchased a VW Eos with nearly a thousand miles clocked. The car has outporfomed beyond my expectation. I have owned over 30 cars in my life. The excitment can only be compared when you first got your license and your father let you driwe. The Eos has personality. It is low key, not flashy. It has quality that you see touch. It is eager to please with its smooth ride. It saves you thousands of dollars over other cars. It has the spacious comfort of a four passanger car.

Favorite Features

I like how the instrument panel is not complicated. The stereo is incredible. The seats are comfortable and elegant. The engine is powerful and smooth. There is no vibration or wind noise.

Suggested Improvements

Give it a remote for closing or opening top. I would like to purchase a navigation system to upgrade. I hope this will be made available for the Eos as an aftermarket kit in dash versus a portable window kit. This feature, while awailable on special orders one may have to wait months.