2007 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:
Still having fun!
By kudzu71 on 02/11/13 08:42 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought my 2007 Eos Lux used three years ago and have never regretted it. I love the way it feels on the road and the interior looks great and it laid out very well. Considering the car is 5 years old I haven't really had any major problems with it. I had the timing belt done at 70K miles which is a bit early because it was in for a recall issue and they had the engine apart already. That saved me some $$$. Roof leaks often come up when talking about the Eos and I experienced them as well. I had a small leak at the A-pillars that turned out to be due to a disconnected drain. It was an easy fix and the car has been dry ever since.

LOVE MY EOS!!
By volkswagen07 on 05/22/12 15:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been readuing reviews that have concerns about the window leaking. I bought my 2007 Eos in June of 2007...trading in my 2003 Passat. First let me say, I live in the desert along the Colorado River, where in the summer it reaches 120 degrees, adn I drive my Eos with the top down for 9 months out of the year. Here is what I have found... If you look in you manual, you will see that if you go thru the automated care washes, it voids the warrenty on the top. The rubber seals on the roof will start to leak due to the high pressure sprayers in automated care washes, and also if you do not oil the rubber seals, the same thing can happen. I bought the oil from the dealership, and do it

Avoid this Vehicle
By bswansen on 04/13/12 14:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I purchased my 2007 2.0L EOS in December of 2006 and have been relatively happy up until now. At 72K miles the cam shaft sheered off and required a replacement of the cylinder head. The VW service rep also recommended a timing chain and water pump replacement. $6000 later I have my car back. The AC unit also "blew up" and I had to replace the entire system (condenser, evaporator, etc...) Another $2000 (not at the dealer this time. After paying 20% of the original purchase price after only 72K miles, what used to be my favorite car ever has become an albatross. BTW, if you do buy one,l don't let VW dealers service it after the warranty expires. My experience with several dealers sucks!

4th VW, won't buy another one
By ericnjodie on 12/12/11 09:17 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

i've owned 3 Jettas and have always liked VW. that is until i traded in my 2008 Jetta for an 07 EOS. i've had the car only a year and have had 3 different services for leaks and window switches, etc. now that it is cold outside, the water is now freezing in the inside of the windows because of the water leaks. it seems no matter how many times i get the "windows adjusted" it keeps leaking. i'm taking it back and will not be buying another VW unless the dealership takes care of me. thank god i bought the extended warranty when i got the car. i would recommend anyone brave enough to buy one of these to get the extended warranty.

The best fun I ever had
By dukeofyork on 02/22/11 02:13 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Was weary reading reviews of complaints . Understanding that this is a very technical design challenge to create a functioning hardtop convertible. When you first see the top go down and my friends are astonished still, and anyone that has ever seen it do it is impressed. With the engagement of the lever The windows drop the sunroof goes back the trunk opens up the opposite way, rear window goes and the top into the truck it closes up then the rear deck has a beautiful fit and finish. My autistic 27 year old son said cool transformer, This is a very impressive car 200 hp turbo this car jumps the transmission is art in movement. Will pass a car lnstantly faster then my V8 4bl. carb chevy.

Delightful Ride
By stan3010 on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I went to the VW dealer in Denver to check out a Jetta TDI Sportswagen and stumbled on the EOS. That was it. Drove it home that day. The ride is surprisingly comfortable. Very peppy 2.0L Turbo moves this convertible coupe along confidently on the freeway. I get 30+ mpg overall in my daily commutes which are 90% highway miles. In city driving, 27-28 mpg. This is my sole vehicle. My wife loves it. Audio system is suprisingly good & I added a Kenwood Nav deck. I've owned my CPO EOS for 4 months now. Only problem was the cruise switch repl under CPO warranty. Trunk space is decent with the top up. I have to raise the top to retrieve items under the cargo limit partition.

disappointed
By Amber U on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought the car brand new. First week hard top leaking took about 3 weeks to fix since it was so new they had to order parts then air bag light came on another day or so to fix, then pressure switch blew so no AC in south fl that is a must,then maulfuction light on and they are not sure what is wrong and then a few recalls. Im a VW fan I had a Jetta that I loved but couldn't help trading in for the EOS man do I regret that move. I love the car look and the powerful and fun drive but could live with out visiting the dealership once a month for things that shouldn't be happing to a car that doesn't even have 25K miles on it!!!!

An AMAZING car!
By JazzyL8y on 05/23/10 09:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Been trying to get a new EOS, but they fly out of the dealership. I bought one a few years old and am just thrilled with the car. I have always owned converts, and at 50, can say this is THE BEST convertible I have ever owned! Higher cost cars cant hold a candle to a hard top car with a built in sunroof in the hardtop. And fun?? Omg, this is one fun car to drive!

Very Satiisfied Eos Owner
By Tony D. on 04/09/10 01:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My wife and I drive this car on long trips (165 miles) and short jaunts (10 miles). The only repair issues we have had was a recall to replace 4-ignition over-plug coils. (No charge). Driver side door needed new window switches (no charge - under warranty). Our dealer is fine, but, I am very watchful! Battery went dead once due to me unlocking trunk overnight when I put the key fob in my pocket. No engine, roof seal, door and window operating problems. Car rides smooth, dependable and fast Mpg average between 28-31 on trips (70-75 mph top up or down) and 23-25 around town. I use mainly 89 Octane and mix 93 Octane from time to time.

I wouldn't buy an Eos again
By ljs on 03/09/10 14:38 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have had all the common problems since new. Window gears, window sensors, top malfunctions, top leaks, fuel pressure unit, lumbar bladder, etc. I am done with this car, 36,500 miles and it is gone. Service is terrible at any VW dealer. I wish this car was built as well as my wife's Passat. We were loyal VW customers until the Eos. No more VW for us, at all.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.