Used 2007 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Eos

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Problem
By Austin

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my car for almost 2 years now and it's been a good car hasn't had any problems besides the top leaking from time to time. Now I've run up on another problem. My trunk lid won't pop along with my gas lid and my Windows won't roll up or down. To get the gas lid to pop so I can put gas in it to make it to the dealership you have to drop the top half way...my trunk won't pop so I can't drop the top. I talked to a nearby mechanic and he said there's several modules that connect the 3 problems I'm having so if one goes out they all do. What should I do?

Still having fun!
By kudzu71

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought my 2007 Eos Lux used three years ago and have never regretted it. I love the way it feels on the road and the interior looks great and it laid out very well.

Considering the car is 5 years old I haven't really had any major problems with it. I had the timing belt done at 70K miles which is a bit early because it was in for a recall issue and they had the engine apart already. That saved me some $$$.

Roof leaks often come up when talking about the Eos and I experienced them as well. I had a small leak at the A-pillars that turned out to be due to a disconnected drain. It was an easy
fix and the car has been dry ever since.

The retractable hard top is what sold me on the car. I had been looking at various used convertibles in my price range, all of them with soft tops. This is my first convertible and I really like that it feels like a coupe when top is up. I get a lot of comments on it. I may be alone in this but I love the chrome grille. The newer VW grilles are a bit too bland I think. The chrome really looks great. My favorite feature by far is that it has never left me stranded. The car runs like a dream and has never stalled or not started.

The Eos has been discontinued so there is no real need to suggest improvements. I will say that when I do eventually decide to trade this car in I will most likely check out a used 2013 Eos before I look at anything else. Great car! I love driving it.

LOVE MY EOS!!
By volkswagen07

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been readuing reviews that have concerns about the window leaking. I bought my 2007 Eos in June of 2007...trading in my 2003 Passat.
First let me say, I live in the desert along the Colorado River, where in the summer it reaches 120 degrees, adn I drive my Eos with the top down for 9 months out of the year. Here is what I have found... If you look in you manual, you will see that if you go thru the automated care washes, it voids the warrenty on the top. The rubber seals on the roof will start to leak due to the high pressure sprayers in automated care washes, and also if you do not oil the rubber seals, the same thing can happen. I bought the oil from the dealership, and do it

myself three times a year. And I ALWAYS wash my car at home, but hand. (doesn't your Eos deserve a little love!!) As far as the dealership not helping out much...CALL Volkswagen themselves! I have and they are more than willing to help. The dealer I use now is great, and I have to drive 90 miles to get there. Others I have delt with, not o much!. I have called VW a coupe of times to report a bad dealership. My suggestion...DRIVE IT AND ENJOY!!!

Avoid this Vehicle
By bswansen

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I purchased my 2007 2.0L EOS in December of 2006 and have been relatively happy up until now.
At 72K miles the cam shaft sheered off and required a replacement of the cylinder head.
The VW service rep also recommended a timing chain and water pump replacement.
$6000 later I have my car back.
The AC unit also "blew up" and I had to replace the entire system (condenser, evaporator, etc...) Another $2000 (not at the dealer this time.
After paying 20% of the original purchase price after only 72K miles, what used to be my favorite car ever has become an albatross.
BTW, if you do buy one,l don't let VW dealers service it after the warranty expires.
My experience with several dealers sucks!

Power of the 2.0L, handling, the roof, quiet interior, styling.

Find a more reliable engine (I understand the 3.2L is much better.) Tighten up the window seals and lube the mechanism for the convertible roof.

4th VW, won't buy another one
By ericnjodie

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

i've owned 3 Jettas and have always liked VW. that is until i traded in my 2008 Jetta for an 07 EOS. i've had the car only a year and have had 3 different services for leaks and window switches, etc. now that it is cold outside, the water is now freezing in the inside of the windows because of the water leaks. it seems no matter how many times i get the "windows adjusted" it keeps leaking. i'm taking it back and will not be buying another VW unless the dealership takes care of me. thank god i bought the extended warranty when i got the car. i would recommend anyone brave enough to buy one of these to get the extended warranty.